Getting stuck in auto-hunting.

LuisMenethil

Hello again, guys.

I would like some tips on how to auto-hunt more efficiently. Several times I leave my dwarf hunting a specific mob and after a while she gets stuck behind somewhere trying to reach the next mob.

Is there any way around this problem? I'm hunting for books in North Enchanted Valley.

The basic idea is to delimit the hunting area by using an anchor character so that you farm always near the anchor. This can be done with macro in at least two ways:

1. Farm for a while then retreat to the anchor.

2. Put anchor char to sit down with autohunt on and you assist him with macro. This option is kind of buggy, at least for me.

Example for 1:

/autohuntingoff

/target Buffer

/attack Buffer

/delay 1

/authuntingon

/delay 8

Hunting a specific mob is more complex to setup.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:11 PM, Seab0rn said:

The basic idea is to delimit the hunting area by using an anchor character so that you farm always near the anchor. This can be done with macro in at least two ways:

1. Farm for a while then retreat to the anchor.

2. Put anchor char to sit down with autohunt on and you assist him with macro. This option is kind of buggy, at least for me.

Example for 1:

/autohuntingoff

/target Buffer

/attack Buffer

/delay 1

/authuntingon

/delay 8

Hunting a specific mob is more complex to setup.

Thanks. Can you teach me how to hunt a specific mob too?

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 2:57 PM, LuisMenethil said:

Thanks. Can you teach me how to hunt a specific mob too?

I'm new player, come here to search info, but I think it will work for you

/target MONSTERNAME [target your creep]

/attack [attack him]

/delay 5 [time for running to enemy and kill him]

/pickup [dont forget to pick your drop]

/pickup [just for sure]

/target ANCHORPLAYER [target your anchor]

/attack [run to him in order to stay in same loc]

/delay 5 [time for running to your anchor]

• 1 month later...

Good tips all thanks. I did not knew about the anchor.  

EV

If you go to the cave there in E.V North you need a ranged weapon to freely farm as the outside mobs are sligthly off your range inside the cave, or use the anchor strategy with a few more seconds. Both strategies setting yourself in the middle of the cave.

Also E.V North has a places where you can see that no other mobs are close/ in range (Like a pool with 5/6 mobs) so there you should be able to farm quite well. 

-

For example Ive found in Ant Nest a few safe spots (7) but everywhere else you get in trouble at some point: (At least my experience) Some of them work with ranged weapons, other with melee and/or a specific short/long ranged attacks depending on the spot.

-

My issue (and open question for all) is to assist a main char. If I use the usual

/target X

/assist

/attack

It takes several seconds to execute and turns quite unefficient. 

Workaround: Im choosing to find safe spot and leave every DD in autohunt inidividually. Sometimes they assist quite well, others not.., but at the end it makes much more damage that assisting one char and waiting for the delay. Anyone found a better solution?