World Trading Post: What is the Point?

I don't get it. The exchange rate of Einhasad Gold combined with greed of players makes the World Trading Post completely useless. What is the point of having it, if no one can afford to use it? Why not just link the Auction Houses for both servers into one platform? At least that way you cut out the Gold exchange rate mark-up. I get that you can't do anything about player greed, but World Trading Post seems broken before it ever started. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Get2ThePoint said:

I don't get it. The exchange rate of Einhasad Gold combined with greed of players makes the World Trading Post completely useless. What is the point of having it, if no one can afford to use it? Why not just link the Auction Houses for both servers into one platform? At least that way you cut out the Gold exchange rate mark-up. I get that you can't do anything about player greed, but World Trading Post seems broken before it ever started. 

It's just one more manipulative tactic to try and get people to buy their inflated "gold" 

• Like 1

Prices only go down when either the market is completely saturated with an item, or when people no longer care to play the characters that use that item -- usually due to nerfs and such.  The prices for in-demand items never drop. They usually go higher.  And then when you think they're high enough, players tack on another 10000% increase as part of the EGC conversion rate. 

All that to say, they'll probably get rid of the World Trading Post before we ever see reasonable prices for anything in there.