Elf Fighter

Kurondrion

I am new to Lineage 2 and am struggling with which class to go. Lorewise I like the idea of either a EK or SS. I know EK is pretty bad compared to the other tanks. Between those two, and might as well throw in SR which one is more needed / do you recommend?

It is not about whether the Temple Knight or Sword Singer is better, they will be both be wanted in groups (obviously the SwS will be more wanted due to their buffs). Since you mentioned the Silver Ranger, your choice comes down to whether or not you want to endure leveling an Elven Knight from 20-40. The EK is just horrible compared to the other Knights. It will be boring and painful unless you have a Constant Party to level with, there is nothing fun about the EK. Best things you can say about it is that it can survive and gets a Sprint buff.

If you think you can endure the path through EK, then go for Sword Singer. Great class.

Hopefully someone else can maybe put a positive spin on the EK portion of the path to a TK or SwS for you, because as you can see, I cannot. =)

Yeah I read that EK is very boring to level. Luckily though I am normally playing another game or doing homework while I level. I do also have three friends playing as well. I think that narrows it down enough for me to go EK since I am lvl 19. I am also leaning more towards SwS. I also didn't know about the sprint buff, I will enjoy that.

Thanks for the help!

Swordsinger as highly recommended in party, but a one thing is important, choose your character thinking in your playstyle, in simple example, Elven knight is the less offensive of tanks, but has high def, and m.def, + very good speed and heal (useful in Ultimate Defense), you can pursue a enemy and try to entangle him, the type battle or skirmish and your strategy define if your char got more or less force in combat.

19 hours ago, Kurondrion said:

Yeah I read that EK is very boring to level. Luckily though I am normally playing another game or doing homework while I level. I do also have three friends playing as well. I think that narrows it down enough for me to go EK since I am lvl 19. I am also leaning more towards SwS. I also didn't know about the sprint buff, I will enjoy that.

Thanks for the help!

Sprint lvl 1 is equivalent to Wind Walk (and the wc and ol buffs) lvl 1, Sprint lvl 2 is equivalent to the other lvl 2 buffs, and you only get it at lvl 52. It's cool to have it as a self buff, but if you have a prophet, bishop, ee, se, wc or ol in your group, it doesn't give you anything extra as it does not stack with the equivalent buffs.

23 hours ago, Valiser said:

Swordsinger as highly recommended in party, but a one thing is important, choose your character thinking in your playstyle, in simple example, Elven knight is the less offensive of tanks, but has high def, and m.def, + very good speed and heal (useful in Ultimate Defense), you can pursue a enemy and try to entangle him, the type battle or skirmish and your strategy define if your char got more or less force in combat.

It's ok I normally play the support class in most MMOs so it is nothing new for me. I think I will enjoy the play style if not I can always make another character.

14 hours ago, nbx said:

Sprint lvl 1 is equivalent to Wind Walk (and the wc and ol buffs) lvl 1, Sprint lvl 2 is equivalent to the other lvl 2 buffs, and you only get it at lvl 52. It's cool to have it as a self buff, but if you have a prophet, bishop, ee, se, wc or ol in your group, it doesn't give you anything extra as it does not stack with the equivalent buffs.

I did see that with the Attack, and Defense aura elves get. I did not know others could buff that as well.

Archived