Spellcraft Passive + Mana Recovery VS Light Armor Maestry

Taurustar

Hi

I'm going to be a Prophet at level 40 but now at 25, I need to decide the D-grade Armor of the Blue Moon Quest. I really have a big question about how does the Spellcraft passive (better cast speed if robe equipped and less cast speed if no robes equipped) vs Light Armor Mastery (91% cast Speed increase + 20% MP Recovery) be in effectivity.

I remember in the past I used the robes until level 40 then I changed to heavy (Since PP doesn't have any attack spell except here where they added an attack skill), but here I need to think in all possibilities. Which one should I use? Light or Robe? Heavy sounds good but I only get the benefits after lvl 40. So I need to wear something meantime.

I really appreciate any suggestions about this

Regards

Im in the same spot as you.

I think for nonstop killing (if u play solo) light armor + sword would do the trick.It will be slow af but you wont have to sit and rest.

If you'pre playing in a group youll need the extra casting / mana provided by spellcraft / robe to buff the entire party.

It really is up to you wether you decide to go solo or to go in a group. 

I’d pick light armor

But that’s the case since I’d whack mobs with my NG blunt instead of using Wind Strike (too weak once hit 30+...)

Anyway, if your concern is the passive Spellcraft vs Light Armor Mastery, the loss of the casting speed increase is like, only 9% afaik. Plus the robe set doesn’t have casting speed bonus unlike Devotion set:D

Of course you can pick robe if you are not engaging in melee combat.

Ok, so i went for light armor set. Im lvl 25 with a sword breaker as a wep and an aspis as a shield. 

I confirm now you can kill nonstop just healing between 2/3 mobs and stay with full mp. This is cool, the dagger crits + focus proc often and the pdef given by the set lets you tank some mobs. 

The cons are that you loose 200 mp (wich if you're soloing you won't even notice, but if you're in a group buffing 9chars you WILL notice) and some casting speed (barely noticeable comparing it to the set that is given to us that has 5% casting speed as a bonus). 

I guess with a d grade weapon this should be legit until 40's. 

After that, i just don't know, i guess bow + root on light set could be viable, or dualwep + heavy armor (we have heavy armor mastery as prophets).

23 hours ago, Ivarrr said:

Ok, so i went for light armor set. Im lvl 25 with a sword breaker as a wep and an aspis as a shield. 

I confirm now you can kill nonstop just healing between 2/3 mobs and stay with full mp. This is cool, the dagger crits + focus proc often and the pdef given by the set lets you tank some mobs. 

The cons are that you loose 200 mp (wich if you're soloing you won't even notice, but if you're in a group buffing 9chars you WILL notice) and some casting speed (barely noticeable comparing it to the set that is given to us that has 5% casting speed as a bonus). 

I guess with a d grade weapon this should be legit until 40's. 

After that, i just don't know, i guess bow + root on light set could be viable, or dualwep + heavy armor (we have heavy armor mastery as prophets).

I did too, I went to Light armor after that and I notice that fact, I don't run out of mana very often but buffing a party is quite complicated...

Honestly casting speed is just a bit lower (well the tunic that you get in the first levels has a 25% more casting speed so that's why I noticed more the difference) but now I can kill and wait for less to recover my MP (MP regen is way higher than when I used robe)

At the moment I'm with a NG Sword (Crucifix of Blessing) and I can kill easily in execution grounds.

Undead on mobs 2 times (sometimes you get critical so you can kill them with 2 strikes)

then I start to hit with my sword, I have a shield so that helps a little with the defense, my jewelry is bad so I need to take care of Magic attacks, but if they don't cast the magic I could kill them easily... I did like 3% in 30 minutes only killing crawlers and strains doing some resting in the middle of my leveleing...

you will get hit for sure and lose some HP but with heal skill or self heal skill you will spend like 100MP per mob but with the MP recovery is easy to recover if you are in a spot with mobs not very close each other

Archived