lag

ziggle

16 minutes ago, ziggle said:

I am experiencing Lag for 2 days now. Is this a passing problem or is the lag here to stay?

btw I AM ON Giran server and live in Europe.

There's your problem. All NCWest servers are located in Texas, USA.

18 minutes ago, Devoid said:

There's your problem. All NCWest servers are located in Texas, USA.

So they're in Texas since 2 days? As the years before everything was fine.

35 minutes ago, ziggle said:

I am experiencing Lag for 2 days now. Is this a passing problem or is the lag here to stay?

btw I AM ON Giran server and live in Europe.

Yes, i'm also from Europe (obviously on a GMT+1 server) and experience the same lag and disconnects.

1 hour ago, Mow said:

So they're in Texas since 2 days? As the years before everything was fine.

The higher the physical distance, the more hops (nodes, whatever) you will encounter. It takes only ONE of them to rearrange (optimize or w/e) routing tables so that you would suffer severely downgraded connection quality for a specific endpoint.

And there's a quick test for these things - use someone's private network infrastructure to connect instead of connecting directly. If the result is different, that confirms it. If the result is the same, try another network.

14 hours ago, Devoid said:

The higher the physical distance, the more hops (nodes, whatever) you will encounter. It takes only ONE of them to rearrange (optimize or w/e) routing tables so that you would suffer severely downgraded connection quality for a specific endpoint.

And there's a quick test for these things - use someone's private network infrastructure to connect instead of connecting directly. If the result is different, that confirms it. If the result is the same, try another network.

You fail to read the part where he says " I am experiencing Lag for 2 days now.  "

On 11/5/2018 at 9:13 AM, Devoid said:

Exactly how did I fail? Network topology changed 2 days ago, so what exactly is your point?

I appreciate all your hard work in other parts of the forum Devoid... But the OP clearly states these problems were from the last 2 days ( I am experiencing Lag for 2 days now. )..

FYI, the problems are gone, I'm from europe and the disconnects/lag are gone,,, so it's all fine now (for me)...

Archived