Throwing the towel

Its not only that there are not many players,its that many people,like me for example,that can't dedicate on a fixed schedule of gameplay.I for example due to my job and real life i can't join a CP or a highly active clan because i don't have fixed hours of continuous gameplay.I will sit,kill some monsters,get up and do something else etc.No party will ever accept me like this.This also limits me on what class i will play.So me playing after 40 without boxes is just impossible.The problem arises when you promote massive afk like events or unfixed queues.I don't rly know much about programming or software,so i can't rly say if there is any way possible to fix the queue problem without causing more problems like lags except from opening new servers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jiwan said:

Its not only that there are not many players,its that many people,like me for example,that can't dedicate on a fixed schedule of gameplay.I for example due to my job and real life i can't join a CP or a highly active clan because i don't have fixed hours of continuous gameplay.I will sit,kill some monsters,get up and do something else etc.No party will ever accept me like this.This also limits me on what class i will play.So me playing after 40 without boxes is just impossible.

Sorry, no excuse. If you want achieve something... you must make sacrifices. Box is some kind of cheat in my vocabulary.
Make your own clan, find people with a similar approach. There is a lot of solution... but the easiest are often taken without thinking.

8 minutes ago, Jiwan said:

The problem arises when you promote massive afk like events or unfixed queues.I don't rly know much about programming or software,so i can't rly say if there is any way possible to fix the queue problem without causing more problems like lags except from opening new servers.

More "online" people = better advertising. Shame that is no more than 2000 actual people. (Giran) With time even less...

8 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

Sorry, no excuse. If you want achieve something... you must make sacrifices. Box is some kind of cheat in my vocabulary.
Make your own clan, find people with a similar approach. There is a lot of solution... but the easiest are often taken without thinking.

More "online" people = better advertising. Shame that is no more than 2000 actual people. (Giran) With time even less...

it is not an excuse ,its a limitation that affects certain gameplay.There is no mmo that limits boxes,wow,aion black desert etc.Why should l2 limit the boxes?Aion is f2p and it doesn't limit it.Wow subscription can be bought with ingame currency so if you pay once you then can farm your subscription.Why l2 should be different?

7 minutes ago, Jiwan said:

it is not an excuse ,its a limitation that affects certain gameplay.There is no mmo that limits boxes,wow,aion black desert etc.Why should l2 limit the boxes?Aion is f2p and it doesn't limit it.Wow subscription can be bought with ingame currency so if you pay once you then can farm your subscription.Why l2 should be different?

If you allow BOX, you allow third party programs to handle them. Alt+TAB and mouse ... is not enough - don't fool yourself. One more steps and you allow people to use bots... "I want to play but don't have much time so i left my PC to play for me".

Don't have time? Make the time.

BOX was never a good solution. It was "a solution". But right know with this what is happening on the servers... you can tell that it is a very bad solution.
Because someone else is doing it, is not a argument.

4 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

If you allow BOX, you allow third party programs to handle them. Alt+TAB and mouse ... is not enough - don't fool yourself. One more steps and you allow people to use bots... "I want to play but don't have much time so i left my PC to play for me".

Don't have time? Make the time.

BOX was never a good solution. It was "a solution". But right know with this what is happening on the servers... you can tell that it is a very bad solution.
Because someone else is doing it, is not a argument.

you don't need boxes to use third party programs.Ppl that use them on a daily basis usually are RMT dealers with more than one PC,so this wouldn't stop them.Limiting boxing just limits normal players from advancing further.And as said before, every mmo out there allows boxes, all of them have bots,and there are many ways to bypass the limit per pc anyway.Bots will always find the way.Box limit only limits real players.

2 minutes ago, Jiwan said:

you don't need boxes to use third party programs.Ppl that use them on a daily basis usually are RMT dealers with more than one PC,so this wouldn't stop them.Limiting boxing just limits normal players from advancing further.And as said before, every mmo out there allows boxes, all of them have bots,and there are many ways to bypass the limit per pc anyway.Bots will always find the way.Box limit only limits real players.

If someone is stealing, that don't give you a right to steal yourself. Because you will be "left behind".
Everybody should steal... if you don't allow this, you will ban only good guys? The thief will continue to steal.

11 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

If someone is stealing, that don't give you a right to steal yourself. Because you will be "left behind".
Everybody should steal... if you don't allow this, you will ban only good guys? The thief will continue to steal.

why do you compare an illegal action like stealing, with a legal action like boxing.Noone said that boxes should be allowed because if some1 doesn't use it ,he/she will be left behind.Especially in this game,where buffs play a vital role to how efficiently you farm,boxes are an on top need over anything else.Because on higher lvls,if you don't have buffs,you can't farm in any reasonable way.

Your way of thinking reminds me the reason live has such low drops rate (and Aion followed this policy).Reduce all the world drops so bots can't farm efficiently.What about the real players?If bots that can automatically farm whole day can't get reasonable drops,imagine what a player that plays x hour a day will accomplish.Bots will do their job regardless the drop rates or boxes,real players on the other side won't. 

Boxing is not a forbidden action.Botting is, so if any of my statement made the assumption that why i shouldn't be able to bot with multiple boxes instead of one,then your example would have a meaning,but as i see it now, it doesn't make sense.

17 minutes ago, Jiwan said:

why do you compare an illegal action like stealing, with a legal action like boxing.Noone said that boxes should be allowed because if some1 doesn't use it ,he/she will be left behind.Especially in this game,where buffs play a vital role to how efficiently you farm,boxes are an on top need over anything else.Because on higher lvls,if you don't have buffs,you can't farm in any reasonable way.

Your way of thinking reminds me the reason live has such low drops rate (and Aion followed this policy).Reduce all the world drops so bots can't farm efficiently.What about the real players?If bots that can automatically farm whole day can't get reasonable drops,imagine what a player that plays x hour a day will accomplish.Bots will do their job regardless the drop rates or boxes,real players on the other side won't. 

Boxing is not a forbidden action.Botting is, so if any of my statement made the assumption that why i shouldn't be able to bot with multiple boxes instead of one,then your example would have a meaning,but as i see it now, it doesn't make sense.

People using additional software to support their boxes. ... third party programs are illegal.

I never told that drop rate should be reduced.

And i never told that box are illegal. There should be treated like one in my opition. You are repeat me that they are OK, because some else also allows it. Hence my comparison.

Archived