Help choosing a class!

Sharps

Just started classic a few days ago and i cannot decide what i would like to play. I was leaning towards maining an EE or SE, but i also wonder if i should just level an archer(SR or HE) with a prophet box. I mostly played on pservers in the past so my knowledge of how thing may or may not end up in retail servers is not reliable. Does anyone have insight on these classes/choices? What are some pros and cons to each choice? I love both pvp and pve.

5 hours ago, Sharps said:

Just started classic a few days ago and i cannot decide what i would like to play. I was leaning towards maining an EE or SE, but i also wonder if i should just level an archer(SR or HE) with a prophet box. I mostly played on pservers in the past so my knowledge of how thing may or may not end up in retail servers is not reliable. Does anyone have insight on these classes/choices? What are some pros and cons to each choice? I love both pvp and pve.

playing SE/EE main is okayish i guess.  the only problem is book prices , especially death whisper book...

up to u man. the main point of playing games is to have fun so just play the class u like to play and have fun with it .

Considering two options of you:

You want EE/SE main: Do it with a warlord. Reason: Warlords wont need much buffs if he uses only skills and EE buffs will suffice. An mp recharger is must for warlord, so both can be achieved by either of them. Although if you can play 3 clients, adding an sws or 2 rechargers with warlord wont hurt either. But if you have to choose between EE or SE Id recommend EE coz of clarity, party recall and stun resist, unless you use auto attacks (which breaks stun on mobs) you wont need vr, and empower is of no use to a melee char. Exp will be fast and you wont need to invest much on gears and way less soul shots compared to other classes. Remember, in classic two factors are important, adena and mp. If you go for SE only, play with a mage for emp, and recharge. 

You want archer main: Box a prophet and if possible also a bd. Archers are the class who take full advantage of prophet buffs, haste, zerg, focus, btb, bts and so on. You wont need an mp recharger or vr. BD gives you all offensive buffs like fury, fire, warrior which makes an archer complete. However, it will be a costly option as bows consume much soul shots and also arrows need to be crafted/purchased, although their damage per shot is high even without crits. 

Classic is a hardcore experience which requires time, patience and passion for the game. You want to plan  ahead before you indulge yourself in it. Also when time permits create an artisan and lvl it from time to time, just to create your own soul shots and maybe some other stuff. its handy.  Last tip, since the game is long and hardcore many players resort to cheating eg. botting or buying adenas from in-game advertisers, just refrain from that at any point of your L2 life at classic however tempting it might be considering the grind and slowness, trust me you will get banned either today or tomorrow and it wont be nice you work on something for a year and get banned. Not saying you are unfair player but just wanted to let you know coz its easy to get tempted after few months of grinding and you can check the posts in forum about number of people banned. Stay clean,enjoy the game. 

Cheers and good luck!

Archived