I Wish

AussiOaks

I would really love to see a "reboot" of Lineage 2. I would actually pay a subscription to go back in time and replay the game starting from Prelude. I thought that Classic would give a bit of that, but there's too many bots and other issues. I would love to replay the old quests, get a pet, and actually work for everything I get in the game. If NCSoft wants to make some money, they should considering doing that rather than allowing the trainwreck that is Classic to continue. Maybe for the 15th anniversary? Or is that already past? I started in C1, so, I would love to see what Prelude was like.

Classic is "a bit of that" from a game stand point, the bots and all that shit... would be there even if they reboot from Prelude man. And the worst part is that because prelude was like a week or two to get to lvl 20, bots would totally reckt the game, at least today having it "easier" you get farther in less time hence less bots the more u level up, and the more places to go u would have. The only way to have a prelude without that issue is changing the whole game and instancing the heck out of it and at the end that would stop being Prelude or C1 right?.

AussieOaks, you are right.  It would be wonderful to have a true Classic P2P server.  The game could then progress through the updates until GOD killed the game, then go through the additional updates we should have had, doing it right this time.  Given NCWest's history and their decision to make Classic P2W from the outset this is not likely to happen, but it would bring me back in a short minute.

Unfortunately, Hexya, you are mostly right as well.  Perhaps P2P, maybe with an added one-time fee to start, would reduce the bots.  Better policing would help, too, but given the experience with Classic, that appears to be a pipe dream.  IF NCWest is willing to commit to a serious effort to stop botting (including in-game GMs), and IF NCWest is willing to commit to stopping RMT by perma-banning BOTH buyers and sellers, and IF NCWest is willing to provide a P2P experience, with no L2Store, no VIP or other ways to get ahead in the game by spending extra money, then it would be worth a try and I'll bet it would be wildly successful.  Otherwise, it would be a waste of time to even create such servers.  And, from what we have seen with Classic, it seems highly unlikely that any, never mind all, of those "ifs" will happen.  Sad. 

Archived