Forums

Multiple kill quest items

xlordtechno

Why is it that when i kill 6 or 7 mobs together in the aden dungeon i only take 1 quest item. I think if the mobs die simultaneously even if there are many mobs you will still take 1 quest item, or the drop rate is so low. But im sure if i kill those mobs one by one ill take more items. Anyone else trying to aoe them?

8 minutes ago, xlordtechno said:

Why is it that when i kill 6 or 7 mobs together in the aden dungeon i only take 1 quest item. I think if the mobs die simultaneously even if there are many mobs you will still take 1 quest item, or the drop rate is so low. But im sure if i kill those mobs one by one ill take more items. Anyone else trying to aoe them?

The chance for quest Items is around 40% or 50%

There was already a month ago a thread about this.
The "community" answer was, that L2 is a bit rusted and doesn't recognize fast enough if one or 5 mobs dies at once.

I think it also makes a difference if the quest considers party members or not.
Quests that only trigger for you do work with AoE, for example AI... the is it no problem that many mobs trigger quest items/counts simultaneous.
But when the quests needs to consider multiple members in the party.... then there might be a delay.
Who knows... I don't think that this question ever has been answered propperly by NCSoft.

Archived