Empty zones and missing quests

PopGligor

So I know this is Classic and L2 back in the day had almost no quests, which is fine, I enjoy the fact that I can just go in a zone and farm for hours, but as I was playing I discover a lot of the content I enjoyed back in the day is just... gone. There were repeatable quests near the starter villages and in Gludio that could get you some decent adena, now all of the adena generating quests are gone. This kinda makes sense, as I get what NC is doing here - with autoplay available to everyone, people will farm much more, which breaks the balance of these quests, so that's fine.

But many one time quests are gone too - the one in Dion that had you run errands and awarded you a flute at the end is the one I remember, and it's not here anymore.

But that's not all - some zones are just empty now. Back in the day, me and my mates would farm mandragoras in front of the execution grounds near Dion. They aren't there, the entire zone where they're supposed to be, along with the execution grounds is just empty. What is going on? This thing discourages exploration, and makes the world feel dead and empty.

They removed quite a bit of content from the classic era. Pets and the related quests are gone (the flute you were talking about?). Manor system and related quests are gone too. Leveling areas removed or nerfed into oblivion.. It's a shell of what classic was. But hey we got a new UI that is less useful and less effective as a UI but it's NEWWWWW...

The one and only priority is on pay-to-win events for the whales.

Zero eff's are given about legitimate players who want to actually play the game and Classic is now, basically, the equivalent to a test server for Lineage 2 Mobile.

Enjoy!!

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

They removed quite a bit of content from the classic era. Pets and the related quests are gone (the flute you were talking about?). Manor system and related quests are gone too. Leveling areas removed or nerfed into oblivion.. It's a shell of what classic was. But hey we got a new UI that is less useful and less effective as a UI but it's NEWWWWW...

I like the new UI, it seems to get the job done. But taking content out of the game doesn't make sense to me. Especially when areas like Ruins of Agony are flooded with so much people, it is actually hard to get your quests done, as all mobs are being farmed as soon as they spawn. You'd think it would make sense to space people out a bit more. It gets better later on, of course. Farming in the Dion plains was mostly a lonely pleasure. Maybe this is why they choose to empty some of the areas? Because the lategame is mostly empty and they want to bring people together? Anyway, I don't like it :(

14 hours ago, PopGligor said:

I like the new UI, it seems to get the job done. But taking content out of the game doesn't make sense to me. Especially when areas like Ruins of Agony are flooded with so much people, it is actually hard to get your quests done, as all mobs are being farmed as soon as they spawn. You'd think it would make sense to space people out a bit more. It gets better later on, of course. Farming in the Dion plains was mostly a lonely pleasure. Maybe this is why they choose to empty some of the areas? Because the lategame is mostly empty and they want to bring people together? Anyway, I don't like it :(

Do you play Overlord? Do you see how tiny the CP bars are and how annoying that is in clan PVP?  Do you play more than one client at a time? Do you see how they removed the ability to quickly see the name of the character in the game client? Now you have to look at the skills or move the character to figure out what character's client you're on. Do you see the complete lack of debuff information on the target window? Do you enjoy having to find the four pixel wide area you have to click drag to move the autohunt window? Do you have to now deal with the game client resetting the position of the UI elements every time you log in? I do (across 7 machines). Hell the character select screen has been broken for me since my first log in. Do you like having the ability to click quickly to the action menu? I do and now I have to go through other menus to find it. Ditto for the quest quick link they removed. Do you like being forced to have system information displayed in one of the few chat windows you have? I don't want that crap in my chat windows I want it in the system window so it doesn't spam important messages off screen. That change is aggravated by the developers removing the ability to right click to block/report the spammers. I also love how this version of the UI will randomly turn on/off auto hunt just by swapping clients. Autohunt can get really persistent with using one specific macro no matter how many times you turn that macro off and right click the one you want it to use.  Did you like having five hotkey bars? I did and now I don't have them.. It goes on but that's the major points of my dislike of this mobile/phone style UI.

Here's my character select screen.
https://i.imgur.com/mrHX6tP.jpg

If you're wondering it's broken even when run at full screen up to 4k.

Edited by Tool_of_Society