Summoner/Pet question

Bloodstryke

After many, many years, I just returned to L2 (not sure for how long) after getting bored with all other MMORPGs that just dont stack up.  I created a summoner but for the life of me cant figure out how to get my summons to attack.  I can right click its name and i see defensive, passive, and cancel summons.  If I recall correctly, there used to be buttons to make it attack my target but as I stated, I am not seeing those actions anywhere.  Is there a pet skill bar somewhere that I am missing?  I have been toying around with several other toons just to see what I want to focus on and this is the only one that has actually got overwhelmed and died while leveling.  I did notice that it attacked while I had it in defensive mode, but that was only after I was attacked.  

Bartz FTW.  RIP

The game now is macro based and auto hunt (if you played bartz, i think autohunt was not implemented)

My advice is DO NOT PLAY summon. the class is not worth now, and the game is made for AOE damage (Yul or Feoh) or some tyr (Evisc, GK or titan).

To make the summon attack, you need to summon, double click on them and choose the summon attack command (there is an icon)

In macro you use the macro

/summonattack

30 minutes ago, Maerwen said:

The game now is macro based and auto hunt (if you played bartz, i think autohunt was not implemented)

My advice is DO NOT PLAY summon. the class is not worth now, and the game is made for AOE damage (Yul or Feoh) or some tyr (Evisc, GK or titan).

To make the summon attack, you need to summon, double click on them and choose the summon attack command (there is an icon)

In macro you use the macro

/summonattack

Thank you.  I'll check it out once the server comes back up.  This is not likely going to be a main for me, never was back in the day either.  I just want some variety and to make sure I try everything before settling for a main, an alt, an alt main, and a main alt.....yeah I have a bit of alt-itis still after all these years.

Autohunt was definitely not in-game last i played.  The last time I stopped playing was some time after they implemented dual classes and the last class change that we have now.  It seems that i lost all those toons i loved so much.  Not to worry though since we can level to 95 and get R gear in just a couple hours....INSANE!!!!  I played all those years and only had one toon in the 90s

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bloodstryke said:

Thank you.  I'll check it out once the server comes back up.  This is not likely going to be a main for me, never was back in the day either.  I just want some variety and to make sure I try everything before settling for a main, an alt, an alt main, and a main alt.....yeah I have a bit of alt-itis still after all these years.

Now with the last update you can get 16 rune stones for free between main and dual at 105. is good to have a iss with harmony lvl 2 and 101 skill up. the best alt you can have 😁

Just now, Maerwen said:

Now with the last update you can get 16 rune stones for free between main and dual at 105. is good to have a iss with harmony lvl 2 and 101 skill up. the best alt you can have 😁

At this point ISS is in the running for my true main.  As much as i love playing a straight DD, ISS Doomcryer was fun getting to 95; can DD decent and self buff for free, whats not to love about that.  I did notice though that all my toons so far get those same buffs but they have to buy the stones to do it.  Seems like that can get fairly expensive.  If i find that $$ money wont be an issue to sustain that, then I may go with the DD, either Yuo or Othello.

• Like 1