Help me understand!

What is the appeal of L2 Classic? I was super hyped when the servers first opened and had purchased that $30 beginner pack or whatever it was called. Then came P2W event after event, built in auto farming, etc. and I gave up. I'm trying to come back and level a new character but I don't understand why I would after seeing what I see. Every single farming spot is taken over either by bots or by a party run by a single person just auto farming for literal DAYS without leaving, which leaves you with picking up the scraps wherever you go for minimal exp. You can't even contest farming spots anymore because they're literally not at the computer. All you can do is PK them. PVP is a myth, it's just PK now. I don't want to rack up PK points especially with the new system in place. So what are you to do??

Are there actual players at the higher levels and this is just something that you mostly only see before like level 60 or something?

Currently leveling a dagger that's mid 20s with a mid 60s PP out of party for buffs. My dagger  is wearing full top B jewels and Doom light set with a top A dagger so farming  is easy, just boring with nobody to talk to and knowing that everyone around you isn't even at their computer. So if this is how the game will be even 60+ I just don't see the point. If the only active gameplay is castle sieges then why even bother?

Edited by Yummydain
Additional info

There is no appeal to it, as you mentioned the hype at the beginning was big, there was thousands of players everyday, they even had to open two more extra servers because of it, of which last year both had to be closed due to how empty they were.

After time (the first 5-6 months), they started going heavy into p2w events one or two every month, many people lost interest playing, slowly and slowly now its 2 and a half years later, the last few people left playing are the ones that have invested too much time or money into it to quit, we can say both actually to be fair. The p2w its not the biggest problem, there was several game updates or game changes throughout time that were straight horrible, which also pushed many players away.

So once all those people who decided to leave the server, also left empty farm spots behind, which were quickly taken mostly by other old players, making them self alternative parties to farm more adena or straight up 3rd party software users. That is the reason why now you can see quite a fair bit of players having 15-20+ characters (some up to 40-50 chars) made just by them self and i cant blame them  to some extent the way this server is designed, its almost a must thing to do, making any progress takes a lot of time if you choose to farm with main party only.

The bad management (things i said above) as well as pretty much the non existent anti bot policy, there is bots that have farmed for months if not years, without being disturbed at all and the fact that there is almost no feedback from the GM have led to what the servers are today.

My advice would be pack your bag and dont bother playing, i wouldnt advice playing here to anyone the choice you made the first time was right.

To answer your question about lvl60 and above, no things dont change i would say its even worse, all the good or somewhat good spots are taken by people farming with alt parties (leaving you farming at the worst zones), so that they can support their main parties and continue farming, and are strictly protected by permanent PK chars, that loggin very fast to take care of you, in case you try doing things. Putting any fight against them would be extremely hard as they have been doing this for years, they obviously have much better gear than what you can afford/get and outmatch you heavily.

From what i know from other players, people use 3rd party software even at sieges/epic rb fights or other similar activities so i wouldnt call it "active" by any means either.

In any case best of luck my friend, hopefully what i said is enough to take the right choice again.

• Thanks 1

Game itself is 80% of the problem, other 20% is the players that are left, they pretty much ran off the rest the players that were left,  for reasons Black4ever mentioned above. I guess they don't realize  they are part of the problem,  and the game will never admit their part of why the servers are the way they are now.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:07 PM, TYme said:

Wish they would make a TRUE classic server, even charge a subscription, I would pay a reasonable fee, and I bet it would have more people then the current servers!

I agree with you! Think of a server without a bot, only with real people.

• Like 1