L2 Essence Class Possibilities and Restrictions

Pleby

Main Class Question:

- Can we change Main Class? If yes more Q are below.

- How can we change Class?

- Do we have Race Class restrictions on some Class changes?

Dual Class Question:

- Dose dual class exist on L2 Essence version? If yes more Q are below.

- How many Dual classes are we allowed to have on character?

- What are the requirements for obtaining Dual Class?

- Do we have Race Class restrictions on some Dual Class?

- Can you reset Dual Class? If yes then how?

Main Class Question:

- Can we change Main Class? If yes more Q are below. ( there is some promotions which let you do it, devs are working for this to be permanent feature in some far away update)

- How can we change Class? (special npc + special ticket)

- Do we have Race Class restrictions on some Class changes? (no idea)

Dual Class Question:

- Dose dual class exist on L2 Essence version? If yes more Q are below. (no)

• Thanks 1

Hello there! 

There is no Dual Class, subb class etc.

For now there will be no class change. Maybe in the future after a Year or something like that like on RU/EU essence there might be a class change, but no confirmed info about that. 

By same as EU, i guess you imply it is 98% empty an it only caters to whales. amirite?

I found a comment in EU forum from a russian that described how their essence was destroyed in 4 steps. I also found one saying that in terms of prices, RU is 2x Korea, EU 4x and NA 8x of Korea.

23 minutes ago, Blitzball said:

what can you do with 8000 coins in game? Do they make any difference?

No. 8000 coins is essentially worthless.

When I made my first Dragon Belt +5 on Red server, with +5 being the lowest +++ that isn't worthless, it took 75,000 coins, or nearly 200 euro.

The only really cheap p2w items, are Agathions. You can make a full set of +5/+6 Agathions for around 16,000-20,000 coins.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:33 AM, WutWutWut said:

Main Class Question:

- Can we change Main Class? If yes more Q are below. ( there is some promotions which let you do it, devs are working for this to be permanent feature in some far away update)

- How can we change Class? (special npc + special ticket)

- Do we have Race Class restrictions on some Class changes? (no idea)

Dual Class Question:

- Dose dual class exist on L2 Essence version? If yes more Q are below. (no)

Ok let's ignore the dual class questions as there is no dual nor sub on Essence. 

The main class feature should be implemented later on as a fixxed feature. Or at least, in korea they improved it. 

Currently for EU servers we bought a ticket, we could change to any class we wanted (no limit) and everything would change according to the class we pick. So if i was a female orc and picked human DK, my toon would turn into a male human DK. 
I'd lose all my skills and earn extra SP scrolls to re-learn skills. But you would end up losing all skills, which means that if you are a healer with divine beam, you will lose the skill. 
In korea they modified this feature so i'm not sure if now you get a payback of some kind or you earn a "Sealed" spellbook of the skill you lose, so in case you are switching from Bishop to Shillen elder (example) you would be able to learn again Divine beam. 

On 8/3/2021 at 11:18 PM, Blitzball said:

what can you do with 8000 coins in game? Do they make any difference?

L coins will be your main value to improve your char. EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM. is worth lcoins. 
Problem with current L2 is that it's pure P2W and no "F2P" friendly at all, i'll take into example the EU prices so idk how it'll be here but:
Aden talisman. Item that increases stats and XP gained. Current price, on EU, is 600 coins per box. Which means that 1 l8000 allow you to buy around 13 boxes. 
So 1 l8000 = 20 euros = 13 aden talismans. 
To make the Aden talisman "competitive" you must get it to +7, enchant where the talisman has the maximum XP/SP boost (50%). 
Let's say that you are lucky enough to get it with 130 talismans (which is both possible and impossible, it's all about %), you'll end up spending 200 euros ONLY for ONE talisman. You need to apply the same logic to around 20-25 more items counting: different talismans with lower enchant rate than aden that needs to be 5++ to be worth, cloak 7+, belt 5+, pendant (25% compound chance) 3+, 5 agathions to 7+, dolls that are expensive as hell and have 7% chance to compound to lv 2 to make them viable...

Not to mention that LCoins will also be ur main value for "blessed ress" (on essence bishops have 80% ress max and SE/EE 20% only) and it will increase everytime you die up to 100 or 200 coins per ress (depends on what NCWest will decide)...and also will be the main value you'll use for mass pvp as people will spam share locations + teleport that will cost 400 coins per teleport (if i don't recall that wrong).

So prepare you wallet cause L2 Essence is 99% how much you pay and 1% how you play. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 2:50 AM, xHaseo said:

Currently for EU servers we bought a ticket, we could change to any class we wanted (no limit) and everything would change according to the class we pick. So if i was a female orc and picked human DK, my toon would turn into a male human DK. 

Thank you, that is critical needed information we need. I wished to combine a race appearance with another class job other then new locked DK class available for Males Humans, Elf and Darkelfs. But seeing that this wont be possible I well stick to Live L2 version. 

Thank You for the information. It`s greatly appreciated!