Aden will be empty and bot invested soon because...

The game is impossible to play without regular cash injection. Aden managed to take this concept and yank up the dial to 11.

I played my fair share of Essence on the EU servers and Aden is even worse than Essence. Maybe this is just due to the NCWest Special Edition sauce where prices are always 5x higher than their EU counterpart.

Aden guides you really nicely from lv1 to somewhere mid 40. After hitting level 45 you either have been lucky with your Aden weapon enchants and rocking something +10, if not; your game is over. After hitting level 45 all you do is grind 1 million adena to buy the lv2 of your resource skill to stay alive and killing. Without the lv2 Passive HP or MP regen you're doomed, game is over. You can never ever afford enough HP Potions to stay alive if you didn't grind that 1 million. Once you done that, you will be doomed again because you ran out of funds and free Spirit Ore to buff yourself or buy potions to heal yourself. Unlike the old days, you cannot exp without any buffs on you.

Reaching level 65 is a complete and utter grind fest that dwarfs even Chronicle 3. The original Lineage II is not even close to being as grindy as Lineage II Aden is. I remember grinding lv1-45 back in Chronicle 4, using just Wind Walk potion and it wasn't as hardcore as Lineage II Aden.

The auto hunt system makes Lineage II Aden even worse. The system is dumb as the turd of a donkey. There is no AI backing it up, it just checks what skill is ready and casts it. Making auto using a skill like Rush completely pointless. You can never set up an optimal skill rotation for your class. The changes made on the Tyrant are very big nerfs that really kill the power of the class, which doesn't really gets his real strength till level 68. While Sylph gun class and the Kamael archer are as overpowered as any end game stacked archer on Chronos or Naia.

The ongoing disconnects, lags and desyncs happing on Naia (and probably also Chronos) just show that bot programmers are forcing their way into the game and it's just a matter of time till they succeed. Besides that, all the UI elements of the Aden server appearing out of no where when entering instance zones on Live server is a sign the servers are not stable, and any failure of Aden will mean that Live servers have to come down for maintenance which is a big punch in the face for the last remaining and paying player base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This should be a lesson for everyone.

NC knows very well what they're doing, making the game extremely hard with huge nerfs in drops/adena and increasing mobs's stats to force you pay real money in order to progress.

Maybe this gameplay mechanic is new to you but for players playing on Live/Classic servers know exactly how NC is thinking. Game is boring, no quests, no fun at all in ALL versions!

Just wait few more weeks (1, 2 or maybe a month) and you will see the high priced p2w events in the store and population will go down in both Aden servers.

We have said it a million times on endless topics without any official response. They just don't care for the game and the players as long as there are few players spending thousands of dollars each month they are fine with this. Admins are inactive, Customer Support replies are automated, all versions (live/classic/aden) are hard and if you don't spend money you will not progress. With every weekly maintenance you will get ninja nerfs and hidden adjustments without any information. In Live servers PvP is dead only for few top clan players with top gear. It takes ages to lvl up and when you actually lvl up you need items to learn skills. I could write all the negative feedback about NC and how they've managed to destroy L2 but the truth is like i said earlier, don't except changes in the game as long as their accounts are filled with mmmmmmmmmmiiiillions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwarfsaurus said:

The game is impossible to play without regular cash injection. Aden managed to take this concept and yank up the dial to 11.

I played my fair share of Essence on the EU servers and Aden is even worse than Essence. Maybe this is just due to the NCWest Special Edition sauce where prices are always 5x higher than their EU counterpart.

Aden guides you really nicely from lv1 to somewhere mid 40. After hitting level 45 you either have been lucky with your Aden weapon enchants and rocking something +10, if not; your game is over. After hitting level 45 all you do is grind 1 million adena to buy the lv2 of your resource skill to stay alive and killing. Without the lv2 Passive HP or MP regen you're doomed, game is over. You can never ever afford enough HP Potions to stay alive if you didn't grind that 1 million. Once you done that, you will be doomed again because you ran out of funds and free Spirit Ore to buff yourself or buy potions to heal yourself. Unlike the old days, you cannot exp without any buffs on you.

Reaching level 65 is a complete and utter grind fest that dwarfs even Chronicle 3. The original Lineage II is not even close to being as grindy as Lineage II Aden is. I remember grinding lv1-45 back in Chronicle 4, using just Wind Walk potion and it wasn't as hardcore as Lineage II Aden.

The auto hunt system makes Lineage II Aden even worse. The system is dumb as the turd of a donkey. There is no AI backing it up, it just checks what skill is ready and casts it. Making auto using a skill like Rush completely pointless. You can never set up an optimal skill rotation for your class. The changes made on the Tyrant are very big nerfs that really kill the power of the class, which doesn't really gets his real strength till level 68. While Sylph gun class and the Kamael archer are as overpowered as any end game stacked archer on Chronos or Naia.

The ongoing disconnects, lags and desyncs happing on Naia (and probably also Chronos) just show that bot programmers are forcing their way into the game and it's just a matter of time till they succeed. Besides that, all the UI elements of the Aden server appearing out of no where when entering instance zones on Live server is a sign the servers are not stable, and any failure of Aden will mean that Live servers have to come down for maintenance which is a big punch in the face for the last remaining and paying player base.

1-40  is 30 to 45 minutes
At 40 you  Orven gives you a quest for the Sea of Spores, - Ignore it ( for now)
Enter the dungeon and get out lvl 43, you use the lamps and get 46 or 47 if you are lucky
Talk to orver, he will give you a quest for the dungeon - get it and keep ignoring the sea of spores quest
At 45 you open one of the boxes that gives you a dungeon reset pass, do that use the lamps and exit at the time you are 50 or close to
go to sea of spores, kill a few mobs come back turn in the quest  at this point you should be 51
Orven will give you a quest for cemetary, go kill there, turn in the quest once you are 52 and the lamps as well.
get the next quest but stay at cemetary till 55-56, at 56+ go to Field of Massacre till 58 

Rinse and repeat, if you wanted a guide on how to play Essence you could have just asked. I have never played it in the past yet I can figure out 1 + 1!

Just because you want to play it does not mean that everything should go your way! If you do not want to spend anything, its fine go f2p for as long as it lasts, if you want to spend a little, then figure out how much you need to spend and see if it is good for you in the long run.

Edit: it took me 6 days to get to 60 with 0$.
Edit 2: it is taking too long cuz everyone is in the same spot XPing on top of eachother, there is no "Manner On" on open field.
Edit 3: They have already added a reward because it is impossible to farm adena with all the KSing going on. 

38 minutes ago, Connex said:

1-40  is 30 to 45 minutes
At 40 you  Orven gives you a quest for the Sea of Spores, - Ignore it ( for now)
Enter the dungeon and get out lvl 43, you use the lamps and get 46 or 47 if you are lucky
Talk to orver, he will give you a quest for the dungeon - get it and keep ignoring the sea of spores quest
At 45 you open one of the boxes that gives you a dungeon reset pass, do that use the lamps and exit at the time you are 50 or close to
go to sea of spores, kill a few mobs come back turn in the quest  at this point you should be 51
Orven will give you a quest for cemetary, go kill there, turn in the quest once you are 52 and the lamps as well.
get the next quest but stay at cemetary till 55-56, at 56+ go to Field of Massacre till 58 

Rinse and repeat, if you wanted a guide on how to play Essence you could have just asked. I have never played it in the past yet I can figure out 1 + 1!

Just because you want to play it does not mean that everything should go your way! If you do not want to spend anything, its fine go f2p for as long as it lasts, if you want to spend a little, then figure out how much you need to spend and see if it is good for you in the long run.

Edit: it took me 6 days to get to 60 with 0$.
Edit 2: it is taking too long cuz everyone is in the same spot XPing on top of eachother, there is no "Manner On" on open field.
Edit 3: They have already added a reward because it is impossible to farm adena with all the KSing going on. 

I can agree with that guide (except that I always start the SOP quest and then I get to 42 and then go to trascendent to continue, when I finish everything im 51 50% or something like that), besides that my SE is 65 with a +7 aden weapon, my sylph got lucky and got a +10 (I dont use that character anymore since sylphs require a lot of attack speed that I cannot afford at the time), I got a tyrant 59 with +7 fists, a necromancer 60 with a +9, 2 kamaels with +7 bows, all my characters are low/mid 60 without spending any money (and for the most part I will not spend anything, if I can). The thing with essence/aden is to know how to optimize exp zones and sayha's. The real problem starts when you run out of soulshots.

btw: 6 days to reach 60? really? I spend 2 days on each of my characters to reach 60 (some of them even less time since I got lucky to get a couple of 100kk lamps :P) 

2 minutes ago, S2pidGS said:

I can agree with that guide (except that I always start the SOP quest and then I get to 42 and then go to trascendent to continue, when I finish everything im 51 50% or something like that), besides that my SE is 65 with a +7 aden weapon, my sylph got lucky and got a +10 (I dont use that character anymore since sylphs require a lot of attack speed that I cannot afford at the time), I got a tyrant 59 with +7 fists, a necromancer 60 with a +9, 2 kamaels with +7 bows, all my characters are low/mid 60 without spending any money (and for the most part I will not spend anything, if I can). The thing with essence/aden is to know how to optimize exp zones and sayha's. The real problem starts when you run out of soulshots.

btw: 6 days to reach 60? really? I spend 2 days on each of my characters to reach 60 (some of them even less time since I got lucky to get a couple of 100kk lamps :P) 

where do you find aden weapons?

3 hours ago, S2pidGS said:

cast speed is an issue for orc mages, it has always been, in a packed area i start casting and by the time i finish the mob is dead...

11 hours ago, Dwarfsaurus said:

I just spent 0 but still reached lv60 on 1 day and a half. This is just an easy (but not obvious) problem of optimisation.

I just learnt a lot from my previous EXP of L2 Essence, nearly the same.

If you don't know how to optimise the way of leveling, just ask. Complaining won't help.

By the way, making money is goal of every company, I don't find it difficult to understand this.

Once it was revealed that an L2 8000 box costs $25, I knew that these servers wouldn't last. This was the single biggest factor in determining the longevity of this community. The price is simply way too high for most of the players here, and they will all slowly begin to leave as the price bleeds them dry.