VR Lag from Items?

So, the VR I'm talking about it from items, not the BD's passive.

It seems there is one of two things going on:

1. There is VR Lag (Server issues?) Doesn't make sense because there is no SS lag, etc.

2. The game mechanics sums up 2% of damage over a period of 2-4 seconds and at the end of that 2-4 seconds, the absorbed HP gets added back into your pool. (From NM LA boots - VR built in)

The reason I bring this up I don't remember seeing VR work like this in Classic or Live - VR was fairly automatic.

Anyone have some insight on this?

2 minutes ago, AliceInWunderland said:

2. The game mechanics sums up 2% of damage over a period of 2-4 seconds and at the end of that 2-4 seconds, the absorbed HP gets added back into your pool. (From NM LA boots - VR built in)

they have a certain chance to restore 2% of the damage dealt

But without a video, you still can't understand whether there is a problem or not, as you say

3 minutes ago, T0kyo said:

they have a certain chance to restore 2% of the damage dealt

But without a video, you still can't understand whether there is a problem or not, as you say

Gear doesn't say anything about a "chance" - tool tip says straight up 2% of damage converted to HP.

So, now it's a chance? The BD passive is a chance to absorb (10%!!) of damage as HP.

So, if it's truly a chance, it'd be nice if the system communicated as much. Oh well.

Upside I don't spam health pots. I'll make a vid.

1 minute ago, AliceInWunderland said:

Notice what it says about the VR effect - no mention of a "chance."

Perhaps this is a localization / translation problem, because on RU essence  it is written there "has a chance to restore 2%hp" And this seems to be true, because, for example, Zaken +2 and orfen +2 too "have a chance to restore your HP/MP"

Just now, T0kyo said:

Perhaps this is a localization / translation problem, because on RU essence  it is written there "has a chance to restore 2%hp" And this seems to be true, because, for example, Zaken +2 and orfen +2 too "have a chance to restore your HP/MP"

Yeah, I think you are right in this regard. It's a chance, not constant "guaranteed" VR like in days past. 

Maybe it'll get updated to communicate reality accurately. One can dream and hope, yes? ;) 

There is no other mechanic "lag" going on. SS, buffing, etc - no item lag or skill lag.

1 minute ago, T0kyo said:

the chance there is quite high, I would say 7 out of 10 hits .

It's hard to measure without combat logs unless I can generate them. And I'd need data on like encounters with 1000 numbers to see where the frequency actually lies. But eyeballing it seems about 50-60% of the time it'll absorb. When I added the NM Boots though, that 2% boost in addition to the 10% that's from the skill, I'm not using nearly as many healing pots. So I am wondering if the game just throws it all into one chance or if each item/skill has its own separate chances. I am leaning towards the latter because I notice VR triggering more often now.