Spellbooks & Masterbooks and the 3rd Class

Get2ThePoint

Curious, how effective can a character be that hasn't learned any of their 3rd class skills? At what level does it become too tedious to XP and impossible to PVP?

I ask because I rolled a Storm Blaster and I'm now looking at a list of about 20 skills that require either spellbooks, masterbooks, millions in adena or some combination of millions in adena and a book. There's no way in hell that I'm going to get my hands on all of those books.  Not unless you have an event where they drop from normal mobs, or reward the books and magical tablets as part of the regular daily quests. So now that I know that I came this far for nothing, someone let me know how good is your character without those skills?

Edit: And now I'm hearing that only Sylph have to worry about getting those books. Most of the other older classes don't. Great.

2 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

Curious, how effective can a character be that hasn't learned any of their 3rd class skills? At what level does it become too tedious to XP and impossible to PVP?

I ask because I rolled a Storm Blaster and I'm now looking at a list of about 20 skills that require either spellbooks, masterbooks, millions in adena or some combination of millions in adena and a book. There's no way in hell that I'm going to get my hands on all of those books.  Not unless you have an event where they drop from normal mobs, or reward the books and magical tablets as part of the regular daily quests. So now that I know that I came this far for nothing, someone let me know how good is your character without those skills?

Edit: And now I'm hearing that only Sylph have to worry about getting those books. Most of the other older classes don't. Great.

Yeah, it’s frustrating.  I don’t know the plight of the Storm Blaster but I’m lvl Wind Rider and haven’t leveled any of the level 4 self buffs that require Master Books.  I basically only leveled 3 of my higher level skills that require 31 magic tabs per scroll.  You could probably take me down in a pvp without too much hassle.  You’re not going to be able to beat the whales or Zerg members but you’ll be fine for farming and saving adena until they offer up Giran boxes and other p2p items