How to play Lineage 2 as I remember it from old?

awierda

When I was a teen I played the open beta or alpha or whatever it was. I always wanted to replay LineAge II as I remembered it. Immersive, cool quests, a sweet social environment and rewarding. 

But starting classic.. well there are no more quests? I run around the starting area and nobody has anything for me to do. The quests that do exist are instant and super easy (not my recollection at all). I lvl up lightning fast and there is just no immersion to be found. I think I skipped 40 areas I will never see or experience because there are simply no quests nor a use to go there. So yah...

What am I missing? Where can I play Lineage II like I remember it?

For sure, not here mate.
I came back after more than 7 years of leaving, hoping that at least the "calssic" version of these games was out of the grip of greed. I was wrong.

Now theres only pay to win events on these servers, 0 staff presence and I almost forgot... Pay to Win content. A very expensive content for the remaining 20 ppl playing here.

• Like 1

I was playing Classic when it first came out and it was really decent (minus the in-game microtransactions ofc but I lived with it) but I came back recently to see they added in auto-hunting...my jaw is still on the floor that this is integrated into the game. It's a crazy idea, but I actually want to play the game and not have it do most of it for me. As I said in another thread I made, it's back to crappy pri....vate servers (if you type the bad word pri.vate it gets auto changed to illegal lol, no joke).

Autohunting is confirmation that the game has nothing to do. And the thing only gets worse as lvl increases. I've been giving suggestions for almost 2 years, for staff to save the game, but I don't know if that's their goal, because the forum is ignored by them.
I also have good memories of L2, the chronicles were very good, the pet quests, we had things to do in the game. Today there's nothing to do and the staff doesn't do anything on the forum, nor does it establish a dialogue with the players.

I still have hope in the Game.

The major problem I think is NCSOFT, it always was when things starting veering away from what made the game a success. The cliche things that happens to games as they go on. It's also a bit of a normal thing like in some eastern styled games e.g. Forsaken World, there is literally a pathing feature in it where you click on the world map where you want to go and the game runs your character along a premade path...along with every other person. Like what is the point.

They just want to make money and they think this is the best way to keep the money coming in, make it easier to bot or to get away with it, bots pay for MTX items, NCSOFT makes money. WoW Classic has the same with bots, they remain a problem because Blizzard profits from their existence. The sad reality when gaming is mainstream.