Performance Issues Since Update

iSleepy

Is anyone else experiencing performance issues since the latest update? I have a rather high end PC with a GTX 1070 and I have issues where the graphics are stuttering since the update. I am able to play the latest WoW expansion at good frame rates and high detail settings, but Lineage 2 is now too much for my PC to handle?

I also noticed a rather high CPU load after the update (around 40% for a single client). Is anyone else having these issues?

13 hours ago, iSleepy said:

Is anyone else experiencing performance issues since the latest update? I have a rather high end PC with a GTX 1070 and I have issues where the graphics are stuttering since the update. I am able to play the latest WoW expansion at good frame rates and high detail settings, but Lineage 2 is now too much for my PC to handle?

I also noticed a rather high CPU load after the update (around 40% for a single client). Is anyone else having these issues?

No issues here and I'm running RX580, which should be slower than the 1070.

CPU usage is normal, around 6% per client (Ryzen 1700).

Must be something on your end.

In my case, the L2 game client uses around 1.2 CPU cores. The main game thread uses one whole core and the GPU driver thread uses ~20% of another core. I have an i5 3570k clocked at 4.3GHz. Mixa's CPU is 8C/16T (windows treats it as 16 cores) so his 6% roughly equals to 1 CPU core as well. I assume you have a 4-core CPU clocked around or below 3GHz... the 40% sound about right.

A quick search led me to a 310-page unresolved topic on nvidia forums. If you're using win 10, roll back (or reinstall) your windows to build 1607 or even 1511 and block all feature updates. That should resolve the stuttering issue. AMD cards on win 10 don't stutter and nvidia on win 7 don't stutter either. You may consider that too.

Archived