VIP secret shop event

Ponepone

I would like to convey a few concerns regarding events such as the VIP secret shop event which is coming to classic servers after this coming maintenance:

1. In the past we have viewed people exploiting this and getting top rewards using 3rd party programs

2. The event times that these happen at exclude a vast majority of players mostly in western and central time zones through the work week.

3. This sort of event, even though i encourage NCsoft to do free events, undermines the fiscal contributions to the L2store which sells under-supplemented drop rates of rewards pay to win boxes, cloak events, and other events NC soft makes L2store exclusive.

4. If lineage 2 classic servers wish to remain both free to play and pay to win, an equitable change needs to be made in order to not only keep the attention of existing players currently investing their own money but to also show new players an improved rate of success given to l2store items and hope they will also play. In the past many players left lineage 2 classic for this reason. Quantity over quality is a far better revenue approach instead of simply making l2store items more expensive and the rewards they provide, less attainable. 

• Like 3

Awesome for trying to give a nice free to play event for players....but just one problem.....

1. This event is and was terrible the last time you did it a few months ago, because there are many who will exploit 3rd party programs who will spam the tickets to increase their chances on top rewards. Many of us will be limited to a few accounts to click at a time, but people exploiting will be spamming on much...much more than humanly possible.  Not only that, the times this event is at is when majority of the players are not around to even participate. Why are all these events geared toward a time that will benefit only the minority of the people who play this game. To my understanding I signed up for a USA time zone server (English Server).

2. Most of these items this time and last time will go to someone who does not actually play the game but only comes around for events like these to profit and maim the servers ability to promote a healthy population.

3. There is a large disconnect in what is needed and what events role out every few weeks. What is acceptable on Korea servers or Giran servers, is not necessarily what we need here on Talking Island Server.  We are constantly getting P2W events that add no substance to classic. The Crusader patch was supposed to be this big awesome thing, new this, new that, etc. There was much promised, "big things are coming," as I remember a GM saying as we got buffs at the monster race track. The only new that we have got thus far is a new loading screen saver. "YES".....but no new zones that increase our ability to progress in the game. No new content to makes us thrust for more, just more bland p2w, screen saver, l2 launcher crashes, and errors. 

4. Rates for items are terrible. Probability has endless chances for success and failure this is true, but when posted rates are so broken. IT is extremely disheartening for current and new players to WANT to progress in a game that just presents more and more failure. When I hear someone spends 1k lifestones to get 7.5% critical damage on a Elmore cloak, 500 blessed scrolls for someone to get a weapon blessed, 500+ Circlet of hero boxes to get only 1 +4, people trying to advance a Ignis Necklace +8 for nearly 2 years using probably over 200+ or more scrolls to have it never go. It seems to me, we are at a Carnival trying to throw a round ball into an oval basket and all the games (rates) are fixed and ninja patched/changed from week to week, month to month.

• Like 2

this topic was discussed noumerous times from both t.i players and giran server players, ok u banned the ac farmer that exploit the similar previous event but what changed now? what u did to prevent exploiters of ruining this event also?

Again will be a script fiesta, just sad.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:47 PM, ImissL2 said:

The event times are discriminatory towards USA participants.

The scheduled time for the item draw is either in the middle of the night or while everyone is at work.

Discriminatory? lol.   Thank you NC for listening to our feedback and acting appropriately.  In terms of when the events are.  Deal with it.  I work and I’m in the Eastern Time Zone.  I will wake up at 4:45am to participate and will also on my days off if I’m home.  You don’t get enough tickets to roll a maximum amount of times for every event anyways.  It’s either important enough for someone to figure out a way or not.  Be an Ameri-can :))

23 hours ago, H4nz0 said:

Discriminatory? lol.   Thank you NC for listening to our feedback and acting appropriately.  In terms of when the events are.  Deal with it.  I work and I’m in the Eastern Time Zone.  I will wake up at 4:45am to participate and will also on my days off if I’m home.  You don’t get enough tickets to roll a maximum amount of times for every event anyways.  It’s either important enough for someone to figure out a way or not.  Be an Ameri-can :))

I'm very proud of you

Keep waking up at 4:45 then...

Meanwhile there are time zones that don't have to lose sleep over it.