Clarification about olympiad

Hi im new player and wanted to join olympiad but I simply cant.

What time does olympiad actually starts?

I play at Elcadia gmt+1 and it says it starts at 23:00 but nothing changes? Is there a something wrong with the time or does my character needs anything specific?

3 hours ago, GM_EVA said:

Hello,

The Olympiad time is set as 23:00 UTC/GMT.

Thank you.

Eva

Could you change the Olympiad time? It starts during Tuesday weekly maintenance which means 1 Olympiad day per week is lost. I opened a ticket more thatn 2 months ago regarding this topic and got answer that it will be "fixed" but nothing has changed since then.

@GM_EVA any plans for fixing the Olympiad time?
Want to remind you that previously it was changed without any notification and right now I can't even use it as it's 2am my time.
Please revert it back how it was before the Assassin update, as it doesn't work for all European players and most of the server players are from Europe!
Thank in advance!

• Like 1

Hey, if you want to change something and take it to the other "departments", talk to them about putting a stop to account sharing in this server and every server in the L2 universe, reason why we don't have a healthy server nor any chance at all to even try to make any sort of content in this game, when you have a few people selling accounts, and sharing access to top accounts. It is a known issue, please don't ask for names, if NC do its due diligence will know in 1 minute notice. Probably future servers if any will appreciate it, this server is pretty much done.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, l2bruncher said:

Hey, if you want to change something and take it to the other "departments", talk to them about putting a stop to account sharing in this server and every server in the L2 universe, reason why we don't have a healthy server nor any chance at all to even try to make any sort of content in this game, when you have a few people selling accounts, and sharing access to top accounts. It is a known issue, please don't ask for names, if NC do its due diligence will know in 1 minute notice. Probably future servers if any will appreciate it, this server is pretty much done.

Hello,

For account sharing issues, please submit a ticket to the Customer Service with evidence of suspicious activities for detailed investigation.

https://us-support.ncsoft.com/faq/lin2ncw

Thank you.

Eva

On 6/5/2023 at 1:08 PM, Jerte said:

In Spain it's GMT +2, it's horrible, I can't finish doing the Olympics at almost 02:00 am during the week, it's too late for a server with GTM -1 time, which is European time

The NA servers are GMT -5, and you're 7 hours ahead, sorry for that, it's a shame that the European distributer doesn't have the same server quality that makes ppl from another continent play here, also, there is the factor of friendship for sure but Europeans based players must take that in consideration. I know ppl from Europe that work in not business standard hours and take advantage of this to play in the NA timezone and enjoy the prime time.

Despite lineage2 being a game, it is also a product and a service for North American audiences, they will not make changes based on the European community, it would be a conflict of interest with the licensed Russian company that owns the right to European lineage2's distribution.

On 6/7/2023 at 4:36 PM, Grundor said:

The NA servers are GMT -5, and you're 7 hours ahead, sorry for that, it's a shame that the European distributer doesn't have the same server quality that makes ppl from another continent play here, also, there is the factor of friendship for sure but Europeans based players must take that in consideration. I know ppl from Europe that work in not business standard hours and take advantage of this to play in the NA timezone and enjoy the prime time.

Despite lineage2 being a game, it is also a product and a service for North American audiences, they will not make changes based on the European community, it would be a conflict of interest with the licensed Russian company that owns the right to European lineage2's distribution.

You are wrong, if you haven't noticed not all servers are GMT-5:
Blackbird is GMT-5,
Elcadia is GMT+1 - so it worked well for EU customers until they changed Olympiad time without a notice. 
We are talking about Elcadia now, not Blackbird.

all the European players that I know are leaving the game because we are seeing that the schedules of the activities are terribly bad for us and we do not have the possibility to play on a GTM-1 server as it happens with the rest of the server like Classic and Elcadia and server live

On 6/12/2023 at 5:29 AM, Conv1ct said:

You are wrong, if you haven't noticed not all servers are GMT-5:
Blackbird is GMT-5,
Elcadia is GMT+1 - so it worked well for EU customers until they changed Olympiad time without a notice. 
We are talking about Elcadia now, not Blackbird.

Indeed I was,  I totally forgot about Elcadia GMT +1 
And indeed the changes they made on Maintenance Window and Global Events such as Olympiads Matches for sure is not fair to "Elcadians".

They are changing a lot of things without notice. I've been posting and opening tickets always, but always a negative answer, they don't care about their base players like us, ppl who are expending money and time.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26950-recurring-unannounced-game-mechanic-changes-during-promotional-events-–-seeking-community-insight-and-resolution/

I'm very uncomfortable about those decisions, I wish to have a closer community manager like Juji was to make that bridge between us and they.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
23 hours ago, Conv1ct said:

@GM_EVA @Wissp any updates?

Hello,

Sorry to tell you that we cannot confirm anything yet.

We apologize for the delayed process, but we will try to share related information as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Eva

• 2 weeks later...

This is NC WEST, NA servers, what is people talking about changing time zones ? European players got EU servers. I don't see that as an issue AT ALL. NC west got enough issues trying to maintain this side of the world players active,  they can't be thinking on changing time zones to accommodate this sort of thing. Better be thinking on how to make people play their own accounts and create a system so the amount of people using third party programs and the amount of people sharing TOP GEARED CHARACTERS so that only those 3 people control all of the server, make it none playable for even pay 2 win players that try to enjoy the game the right way.

@Wisp @Hermes@GM_EVA

9 hours ago, Pattyman said:

This is NC WEST, NA servers, what is people talking about changing time zones ? European players got EU servers. I don't see that as an issue AT ALL. NC west got enough issues trying to maintain this side of the world players active,  they can't be thinking on changing time zones to accommodate this sort of thing. Better be thinking on how to make people play their own accounts and create a system so the amount of people using third party programs and the amount of people sharing TOP GEARED CHARACTERS so that only those 3 people control all of the server, make it none playable for even pay 2 win players that try to enjoy the game the right way.

@Wisp @Hermes@GM_EVA

Do you know the time zones on different servers at all?
Elcadia timezone is GMT+1 - it's very close to EU time and all the events should be made in that time zone like it was before the Assassin update.
Blackbird timezone is GMT-5 - it's close to the US time, and should work the same, all the events in that time zone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 4:10 AM, Conv1ct said:

@GM_EVA @Wissp any updates? when this simple but very important issue can be resolved?

This is not a simple problem.Elcadia and Blackbird have connected olympiad.So if you change the time for Elcadia,they have to change for BB as well.I know is difficult for Eu time zones to participate but for NA is the best time for oly.So i doubt they will change it.

3 hours ago, JangUK said:

This is not a simple problem.Elcadia and Blackbird have connected olympiad.So if you change the time for Elcadia,they have to change for BB as well.I know is difficult for Eu time zones to participate but for NA is the best time for oly.So i doubt they will change it.

That still doesn't make sense, because of the time change and the maintenance - all people on both Elcadia and Balckbird servers have olympiad only 4 of 5 days!
@GM_EVA @Wissp Just put the olympiad 1h before the maintenance and it'll work for both servers and everyone will be happy!

• Thanks 1