PK system.

Clearly the PK system is unbalanced. The server is full of players giving free PK for no reason. Apparently, there is no punishment severe enough for those who commit it.

Novice players are the ones who suffer the most. They can't farm adena in peace to buy their items. They end giving up. The server is the one that suffers.

The system needs to be overhauled.
This is a suggestion. I would like to hear the opinion of the admins.

• Like 5

Hello Admins & Luis.

I would like to support this review. 

I am a new - old player and the challenges started after hiting lvl 50. Every day we get killed by characters we dont know; 15-20-30-40 more levels than us. No talk, nothing. 

The idea of  game where you have fun and stay to build something in the community is when you are able to compit-challenge-collaborate. The idea of a healthy community is where interactions are encouraged and connections are built organically in game. That is not happening in this new era of classic when the chars on top abuse the soft penalties/risks for killing everyone making the server, their own.

This is a game that has the potential to build strong communities but requires COLLABORATION in game to do so. Please review FeverBee: Community Consultancy

It is not a shock that without penalty, the natural path of the top players (and this is a market behavior and a natural behavior in animals too) is to get it all by reducing the competition. This is when a game lead should jump in to bring a healthy balance and aim to buil d a bigger community and not focus in short term revenue. We are punishing new players and making the gap much bigger with an excessive amount of gifts that the top players can exploit too without competition while not letting new player to progress. 

Idea: If the punishment is higher you need to be better organized, interact, prevent ..... You might loose a lot of items, adena. The cost should be quite high if you are able to erase someone from a game and bullying him out.  

Encouraging this PK freenzy is to prevent new players to join, stay and build a community that seems quite shy to say the best even with all the monthly efforts invested. 

-

Question: Why a character is able to PK someone with a huge level difference? If a top player is attacked, they can always reply. But a new character does not have the possibility to compite against a lvl 90 that is getting free items from monthly rewards since 2,3,4,5 years. 

Request : Set a block to prevent characters 10-15 lvl higher to attack unflagged (friendly) low levels.  

Request 2: Promote important gifts for new players / Avoid over gifting top players.

Request 3: When somene is killed being PK, the punishment should be higher in terms on items/adena.

Request 3: The ones being pked should get also a reward if avenged. 

• Like 3

Update here: 

There is a clan "Patriots" that started killing low levels like a week ago and they state it is because fo war... (?) 

So, would you explain how are you hurting the top lvls by pking all day people lvl 40-70 that is joining the server? 

Is this normal? Ive never seen a war in a L2 server that avoids main chars and goes on rampage vs new players-farms that had nothing to do... Sucj a lolooser attitude. Stand by your balls... if you have them... 

Why would you not go against your main chars and keep blocking new joiners to evolve in the game?

The most named person in this war (at least what i see in the chats) is Elzo, The bad guy.... yet, he was the only one that replied once and stopped atacking my toons when realized I was not war.

Patriots: OzzyOzbourne... KingKrol .... Those guys spend the full flip`ping day pking lvl 50 toon... WTF. they cannot go ahead to lvl and roam lows spots... 

PB: Did allcould-i-dont-know-what from PB the same.. pk 3/4 times a day and dont even reply. I explain im not war in chat and that with others from his clan had no issues stopping this, and the guy goes mimimi and says to his leader that I m saying they should not kill me (????)... really? bully and lying? I guess nbeing an orc he is not very good at reading-interpreting things... 

How others are handling this kids without balls making the small guys suffer situation?

It is not a specific clan, it is the dynamic of the top players clans. 

@Amazonian

PB and USA/Fathouse are in war for months and they don't kill lowbies or neutrals. If they did, talk to them they will stop pk.

The only disease here is Patriots. They pk/kill all ppls for no reason, they kill neutrals, kill newbies, kill ppls has no clan etc...

They even making fake toons like worlld, alliwant4xmasisy... to kill everyone.

The killing acts is starting from the moment Patriots join the war. They have been doomed, pk-ed all of their farm toons, all the OL that was farming Adena day to day. And that bad Patriots want to kill everyone just because they cannot farm adena anymore. They cannot beat PB so they want every ppls just sit in town like them.

They silently killing with fake toons to feel better in war.

Patriots. Stop your stupid acts. If you want to fight, come and fight with your enemies, kill with your main toons.

• Like 2

@beniceandcalm Thanks for the comments Benice 

It actually makes sense since those Patriots are the ones pking the lowest levels. 

I would disagree on the "they all will stop" (Talk to that horrible orc from pb that keeps pking lvl 50s since months  in patriots...and good luck to make him do otherwise, but i can also grant you that these days im finding some cool people online (All sides but Patriots).  Those are BR mainly right? 

@Amazonian yes Patriots are BRs, most of them won't response in English, they don't talk.

I agree with you that all Clans has some nice guys, some bad guys. But Patriots, they are rude, ignorance, coward.

You can see Port killing pk chars like worlld, alliwant4xmasisy the most. He/USA is in war, but he has good senses about who are his enemies, who are newbies need help.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beniceandcalm said:

@Amazonian

PB and USA/Fathouse are in war for months and they don't kill lowbies or neutrals. If they did, talk to them they will stop pk.

The only disease here is Patriots. They pk/kill all ppls for no reason, they kill neutrals, kill newbies, kill ppls has no clan etc...

They even making fake toons like worlld, alliwant4xmasisy... to kill everyone.

The killing acts is starting from the moment Patriots join the war. They have been doomed, pk-ed all of their farm toons, all the OL that was farming Adena day to day. And that bad Patriots want to kill everyone just because they cannot farm adena anymore. They cannot beat PB so they want every ppls just sit in town like them.

They silently killing with fake toons to feel better in war.

Patriots. Stop your stupid acts. If you want to fight, come and fight with your enemies, kill with your main toons.

Some pj from PB killing 25 or more lvl of difference with no reasson, if the players have a good set like top S, maybe its possible  war under cover, but with set moonlight its no reasson

• Like 1

Soy un personaje que tiene varios pjs en ub mismo clan, mi mejor arma es A+0 y mi mejor set es B+2,  claramente nunca podre competir contra ellos y por mas que intento conversar con ellos nada se puede hacer en los ultimos dias me han matado mas de 500 veces lo que hace imposible crecer en el juego ni menos poder conseguir adena o objetos.

Considero que debe ser mucho mas severo el castigo para pk y que no sea solo una masacre sin razon.

como dijieron anteriormente, que puedan perder objetos o que se puedan ganar recompenzas por eliminar a un pk, que no sea de la misma cuenta,  ip or clan,  porque sera otro abuso mas., en cada pasada matan a mas de 30 pjs que intentan leveliar con buenos modales

I am a character that has several pjs in the same clan, my best weapon is A+0 and my best set is B+2, 
clearly I will never be able to compete against them and no matter how hard I try to talk to them, 
nothing can be done in the last days I have been killed more than 500 times, which makes it impossible to grow in the game, 
let alone be able to get adena or objects.
I believe that the punishment for pk should be much more severe and that it not be just a massacre for no reason.

as they said before, that they can lose objects or that they can win rewards for eliminating a pk, 
that is not from the same account, ip or clan, because it will be another abuse, in each pass they kill more than 30 pjs 
that try to level with good manners
AKclana2 Clan
  • Like 1

Realmente se vuelve insoportable y frustrante.  incluso pienso en dejar de jugar e irme a otro servidor por esto, por que si es un juego cooperativo, no puede solo premiar a los jugadores que destruyen la buena convivencia de este.

It really gets unbearable and frustrating. I even think about stopping playing and going to another server for this, 
because if it's a cooperative game, it can't only reward players who destroy the good coexistence of it.

• Like 1

Thank you for the contribution Pela.

Indeed we are here trying to understand why Admins do not see the downfall of this type of changes in the game. (This is only happening in new classic) The game itself is not intended to be played like this.-  Not even to mention that a lot of people keeps playing unofficial servers, did you wonder why they are not coming here? I feel bad with such a cool game being wasted runing for the short-term revenue. Has the most absurd potential to scale rn even against new titles. 

If we share our problems/ideas here. We might get at least an idea of where to go-how to do it. 

In my experince, im already reaching lvl s weapons and i get confused anyways with "war" as you progress, it will be harder for them to "believe". 

Ideas for now:

Ive tried to set a macro screaming in general "we are farmers" every 30 secs. It worked a few times until i just got pkead anyways. 

I always try to ask why do you... X. But its true that mostly you get no answer.

If the attackers was a patriot or no clan  until now i never got a polite answer. The most decent one (and only one) was " we are all going to die" from OzzyOzbourne. As he included himself i tought it was a nice premonition shared with me. Then i realized EN is no his main language and problably he was taunting me only.- xD 

-

Well, lets keep it up. At least I would like to see the USA-PB etc clans play smart and avoid this lateral down killing low lvls to make Patriots fall naturally with wars and all the new players they are not letting farm. 

I would like to see an opinion from those actively engaged in wars. How do you see this ?? Is there a chance to do something to avoid pking new players? Line a newbie alliance?   

19 minutes ago, Amazonian said:

Thank you for the contribution Pela.

Indeed we are here trying to understand why Admins do not see the downfall of this type of changes in the game. (This is only happening in new classic) The game itself is not intended to be played like this.-  Not even to mention that a lot of people keeps playing unofficial servers, did you wonder why they are not coming here? I feel bad with such a cool game being wasted runing for the short-term revenue. Has the most absurd potential to scale rn even against new titles. 

If we share our problems/ideas here. We might get at least an idea of where to go-how to do it. 

In my experince, im already reaching lvl s weapons and i get confused anyways with "war" as you progress, it will be harder for them to "believe". 

Ideas for now:

Ive tried to set a macro screaming in general "we are farmers" every 30 secs. It worked a few times until i just got pkead anyways. 

I always try to ask why do you... X. But its true that mostly you get no answer.

If the attackers was a patriot or no clan  until now i never got a polite answer. The most decent one (and only one) was " we are all going to die" from OzzyOzbourne. As he included himself i tought it was a nice premonition shared with me. Then i realized EN is no his main language and problably he was taunting me only.- xD 

-

Well, lets keep it up. At least I would like to see the USA-PB etc clans play smart and avoid this lateral down killing low lvls to make Patriots fall naturally with wars and all the new players they are not letting farm. 

I would like to see an opinion from those actively engaged in wars. How do you see this ?? Is there a chance to do something to avoid pking new players? Line a newbie alliance?   

I don't know what's next, but I m already stop playing for a while, because I don't have Adena for feathers.

I think the karma system need to be reworked, currently karma is easy to clean and debuffs for red ppls is not tough  enough.

• Like 1

the problem is that ncsoft always rewards top player that most of the time dont need the items putting  an inmense gap between players allowing one side harrasment, the worst part  is that harrasment is prohibited but if u send a ticket to support they will say is part of the game and there is nothing they can do, so right now u can do nothing  except  post here and maybe @Wissp will pass the word to the dev team about changing the pk system, i would like an opinion on the matter from the community manager if posible please

The problem with PC is that old players are doing it, interfering with newcomers. Killing Adena farmers is part of the game, since Adena does not drop from lvl 76. Thus, they close the pumping zones for beginners. Not a single newcomer will be able to compete with an AFC farmer who has only S grade armor and weapons. The skill C grade has a level difference of 15-20.
I've been playing for 3 weeks, starting with 50, everything is occupied by farmers, it's very sad, I gathered a small group of lvl 60-65, I couldn't find a place, everything in the fac is occupied.
In my opinion, it is necessary to return the difference in drop and adena -5 level. And add adens to mobov 76+. then the problem with occupied zones will go away, and will give a start to the development of the player.

If Adena drop back to lvl.76 elemental zones, the problem with Adena farmers will move there.

These zones will be unplayable. Only characters who are only interested in leveling play there like this.

This is not a solution. The solution is new zones for farmers, or densification of mobs in the current ones

The real problem here is that PK system is completely bleeped, what is this "no drop no punishment" system for PKs? Absolute nonsense, since the biggining of times of L2 being PK was a complete risk, you couldn't do it without risking the chance of loosing more than you were winning by killing someone unflagged, you would loose items, and that's the final punishment. With this system you won't loose shit, cause you "drop" things that you can recover for 100k, 100k!? Really!? On a game that has a market value of BILLIONS for just one simple item. Yes, killing people and being PK is a part of the game, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be punishable propperly. War is one of the most common things (and fun) of Lineage, 2 clans or ally beating each other over some conflict, completely natural. But when you have a bunch of Lv.87-90+ players killing EVERYONE ON SERVER (and this is not exageration, they're clearing the whole map) and saying "blame X person" like if that would make it reasonable. It's not natural anymore, cause they don't have a propper punishment for this, maybe if they had, they would think twice before just going killing people non stop for no reason. And we all can agree, that this is a childish behavior that should be punishable with a higher fee than recovering items "dropped" for 100k. I don't think making higher lower level chars inmune to dmg from chars +10-15 lvs apart is a solution, but i think the drops should be real, not just phantom drops that nobody can pick up and you can recover for an ammount of adena that means absolute nothing on this server. By the way, we all know who is doing this childish behavior since ever, and it's always the same side, you can get in the cross-fire with some people, but with most if you talk and make them understand you're not war related, they will listen, but there are others that don't care at all and have been doing this for the past 5 years, they can't fight their real enemies so they say "if we don't farm, nobody will" and go killing everyone on server, and that's the actual phrase they used, said by their leader who got banned for botting, leaving behind the mad kids on his clan unprotected and doing the same childish things they were taught to.

10 hours ago, Dalx said:

If Adena drop back to lvl.76 elemental zones, the problem with Adena farmers will move there.

These zones will be unplayable. Only characters who are only interested in leveling play there like this.

This is not a solution. The solution is new zones for farmers, or densification of mobs in the current ones

Then no newbies would be able to level up elemental at all. As it is right now the elemental areas that drop adena are packed. Even if a room is empty it's inevitable that the "owner" will show up and gank you.

Once again one of the core issues is that Ncsoft removed all the downsides of PKing years ago. Predictably the big farmers have perma reds that are +80 with better gear than a legit/new player would have. I've tried to fight them but they are rocking OEed S grade weapons and gear so I died in 2-4 shots with my A grade stuff. The best was the level 85 red that almost one shot me...

1 hour ago, Ymir said:

The real problem here is that PK system is completely bleeped, what is this "no drop no punishment" system for PKs? Absolute nonsense, since the biggining of times of L2 being PK was a complete risk, you couldn't do it without risking the chance of loosing more than you were winning by killing someone unflagged, you would loose items, and that's the final punishment. With this system you won't loose shit, cause you "drop" things that you can recover for 100k, 100k!? Really!? On a game that has a market value of BILLIONS for just one simple item. Yes, killing people and being PK is a part of the game, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be punishable propperly. War is one of the most common things (and fun) of Lineage, 2 clans or ally beating each other over some conflict, completely natural. But when you have a bunch of Lv.87-90+ players killing EVERYONE ON SERVER (and this is not exageration, they're clearing the whole map) and saying "blame X person" like if that would make it reasonable. It's not natural anymore, cause they don't have a propper punishment for this, maybe if they had, they would think twice before just going killing people non stop for no reason. And we all can agree, that this is a childish behavior that should be punishable with a higher fee than recovering items "dropped" for 100k. I don't think making higher lower level chars inmune to dmg from chars +10-15 lvs apart is a solution, but i think the drops should be real, not just phantom drops that nobody can pick up and you can recover for an ammount of adena that means absolute nothing on this server. By the way, we all know who is doing this childish behavior since ever, and it's always the same side, you can get in the cross-fire with some people, but with most if you talk and make them understand you're not war related, they will listen, but there are others that don't care at all and have been doing this for the past 5 years, they can't fight their real enemies so they say "if we don't farm, nobody will" and go killing everyone on server, and that's the actual phrase they used, said by their leader who got banned for botting, leaving behind the mad kids on his clan unprotected and doing the same childish things they were taught to.

Indeed that is what drove the first big exodus of the game as after they changed PKing to have no downsides rage quitters dedicated themselves to killing everyone in an attempt to kill the game. While I did not conduct extensive surveys it seemed the rage quitters were generally mad about the P2W stuff that was coming out and our feedback being utterly ignored by korea.

I tried to edit this in on my post but after 30 refreshes I gave up on that option ever loading.

• 1 month later...