dragon weapon update

ihusa

10 hours ago, ihusa said:

any info about the future update, that all dragon weapons will have both stats for fighter/mage

Possibly all melee/magic weapons... all Magic skilled characters have a nerf when using P. ranged Weapons(AFAIK it still is in effect) Bows, Crossbows and Spears. The built in SAs of the Retributers had both P.Atk and M.Atk benefits, the nerf would need to be lifted entirely to let Magic users wield bows, crossbows or spears again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 10:04 PM, SammlerMull said:

Possibly all melee/magic weapons... all Magic skilled characters have a nerf when using P. ranged Weapons(AFAIK it still is in effect) Bows, Crossbows and Spears. The built in SAs of the Retributers had both P.Atk and M.Atk benefits, the nerf would need to be lifted entirely to let Magic users wield bows, crossbows or spears again.

so from what i understand, the next suitable weapon for a dk will be a  dw buster? if no cutter in market ? it will have the same stats as a cutter exept the patk  diffrence? did i understand correctly?

11 hours ago, berg said:

so from what i understand, the next suitable weapon for a dk will be a  dw buster? if no cutter in market ? it will have the same stats as a cutter exept the patk  diffrence? did i understand correctly?

You can use the Buster now(I can use all skills)... I think the change he was talking about was the Built-in SAs(boosts for either P.Atk or M.Atk Characters), not the actual P.Atk and M.Atk being altered. If we get this change, the Cutter and Buster may not have the exact same Built-in SAs... just that they would both have beneficial effects for fighter/mage Characters.

I was only commenting that adding M.Atk boosts to Ranged Weapons would be pointless.

On 9/18/2023 at 12:02 AM, SammlerMull said:

You can use the Buster now(I can use all skills)... I think the change he was talking about was the Built-in SAs(boosts for either P.Atk or M.Atk Characters), not the actual P.Atk and M.Atk being altered. If we get this change, the Cutter and Buster may not have the exact same Built-in SAs... just that they would both have beneficial effects for fighter/mage Characters.

I was only commenting that adding M.Atk boosts to Ranged Weapons would be pointless.

ty for the info mate, so we sould have some changes when the shine maker update is live?

On 9/17/2023 at 2:02 PM, SammlerMull said:

Are you sure you can use ALL skills with a buster??? My clanmate tried one and told me that a couple of his skills did not work at all. He needed a cutter. 

Can you confirm with screenshot or something? I'd ask @Hermes for official word, but they rarely reply.

On 9/20/2023 at 3:45 AM, Get2ThePoint said:

Are you sure you can use ALL skills with a buster??? My clanmate tried one and told me that a couple of his skills did not work at all. He needed a cutter. 

Can you confirm with screenshot or something? I'd ask @Hermes for official word, but they rarely reply.

yes they work

On 9/19/2023 at 6:45 PM, Get2ThePoint said:

Funny that 3 weeks earlier, it was you that tried a Buster on your DK

On 8/30/2023 at 3:55 PM, Get2ThePoint said:

Back in the old days of L2 a character could substitute mage blunt and fighter blunt. And then they renamed them as staffs. Players have been screwed ever since.

You can use a mage buster with a DK, but there are still some skills that you won't be able to use. I know, I tried it. 😁  Probably get the same results if you use an Avenger or a Stormer for that matter. You can hit a mob with anything, but at a certain point, if you want to kill fast, you'll need all of your skills and you only get that if you use a sword. That won't change.

Maestro have the same limitation when it comes to one-hand blunt. Yes, they can use any fighter weapon, but they won't be able to use all of their skills. You'll see them grayed out on your bar. And your character will pause for a second if you put those skills on your macro. Instead of those skills firing off, your character will either stop or swing with a normal melee attack. No skill used.