Low FPS with 1080ti and I7

Kio

Hello all,

I built this pretty beastly gaming PC earlier this summer and havent played L2 in a few years.

Thinking that $2,400 would definitely make MAing no issue at all... I logged into L2 Live on Chronos or whatever only to find I have 30-40 fps on high settings with massive drops when rotating camera, and 40-50 fps on average.

This seems... totally bleeped and believe there has to be some solution.

Ive got latest Nvidia drivers, and am running directX12.

any help?

heres my PC:

gA3poIq.png

Additionally 

my CPU and GPU seem to only be running at 20-30% 

and ingame I noticed all my resolution options only say 32-bit next to them? is there no 64support??

QSDRjZb.jpg

Nvidia Settings:

2wGhlnM.jpg

It's Lineage 2's fault. The engine is too old ( Unreal Engine 2) and they can't simply "update" it and use the new Unreal 4 ( the one used on Fortnite, for example). They would need to make a new game. If i heard it correctly, AION was going to be this new Lineage ( Lineage 3, or just Lineage 2 with a new and improved engine), but some stuff went wrong along the project and ended up being a new game.

TL;DR: Your PC probably can't get any better than it is, (Even your SSD already is an M.2), and the game will still have some issues, it seems. Dial down the shadows ingame and change some textures/model detail/animation to average, instead of high. That should give you some breathing room while walking in Aden or during a siege...but that's it.

2 hours ago, killerPrice said:

It's Lineage 2's fault. The engine is too old ( Unreal Engine 2) and they can't simply "update" it and use the new Unreal 4 ( the one used on Fortnite, for example). They would need to make a new game. If i heard it correctly, AION was going to be this new Lineage ( Lineage 3, or just Lineage 2 with a new and improved engine), but some stuff went wrong along the project and ended up being a new game.

TL;DR: Your PC probably can't get any better than it is, (Even your SSD already is an M.2), and the game will still have some issues, it seems. Dial down the shadows ingame and change some textures/model detail/animation to average, instead of high. That should give you some breathing room while walking in Aden or during a siege...but that's it.

Alright, thanks, what a shame.

What doesnt make sense to me is ppl talking about 100fps at all times, or no lagg in PvP picking targets with no delays. somehow someway people have these optimal setups, i really thought mine would be now

Archived