is Autohotkey against the rules?

MatiwG

29 minutes ago, D3VASATATl0N said:

Yes out of game macros are technically against the Eula, I believe their macro detection software will detect a non-modified AHK. As for alternatives to alt+tab try Windows key + # :P

hey thanks dint't knew that functionality..

btw wont you know how i can disable it from opening the start menu?

thanks again!

Autohotkey was always against the rules.

A few MMOs have made their stance more lenient, saying that if one user action (e.g. button press) equals one action taken by AHK (e.g. move mouse 20 px down), then it is okay.

But in my personal experience, everyone using AHK ends up becoming a botter, it is just a matter of time. They usually get banned after sharing in public how effective they have become with AHK (as they are no longer able to understand that they have started full-scale botting).

35 minutes ago, D3VASATATl0N said:

Bypassing their detection software (or discussion on how-to) is not allowed, sorry I won't help you down that road.

im asking if there is a way to disable the windows key in windows from opening the start menu.. since the solution you gave me works but i tend to open the start menu by error

4 minutes ago, D3VASATATl0N said:

That would be difficult without also having software that could be considered a breach of the L2 Eula. You could disable(or remap) the key through a simple registry edit however it would also disable the window swap functionality you like. 

Damn. 

Well thanks again, atleast its way better than alt tabbing out of control hahah

38 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Autohotkey was always against the rules.

A few MMOs have made their stance more lenient, saying that if one user action (e.g. button press) equals one action taken by AHK (e.g. move mouse 20 px down), then it is okay.

But in my personal experience, everyone using AHK ends up becoming a botter, it is just a matter of time. They usually get banned after sharing in public how effective they have become with AHK (as they are no longer able to understand that they have started full-scale botting).

This is patently false information.

Originally Lineage 2 used a game monitoring software called Game Guard by INCA.  The intent of Game Guard was to block keyloggers/password stealers and did a number of things including hooking several windows kernel api entry points to get this done.  INCA maintained a whitelist of applications allowed it interact with these kernel api's an blocked everything else.  Several hardware vendors at the time (Belkin with Nostromo / Logictech with the G# keyboards) supplied their own device driver avoiding the Game Guard integration allowing for users to run the nostromo/keyboard macro software.

This created a situation where some users could not use programs like AutoHotKey which exclusively used windows api's to macro and other users could via their gaming hardware.  As a result there were many threads on the original L2 forums about this and the definitive answer from folks such as HGM Spam and the other teams was:

IF THE PROGRAM IS ALLOWING YOU TO DO SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T DO NORMALLY THEN IT ISN'T ALLOWED

To provide some clarity several subsequent examples were given:

Running software to press a key or combination of keys within the standard client UI (including keys bound to in game macros)  : THIS IS OK

Running software to which can determine a WHEN to press a key or combination or keys not based on interval or dumb repetition : THIS IS NOT OK

Running software that can interact with the game server with or without the L2 client for the purposes of automation outside the standard interface : THIS IS NOT OK

Based on this consistent message from the NCSoft support team it was clear that AutoHotKey click macros would be ok as Belkin/Logitech were ok (Also jamming a quarter in your keyboard to spam a key bound to a macro was ok as well).  The issue was that INCA Game Guard didnt have AHK on its whitelist so regardless of it being capable of running in a compliant manner there were technical limitations to using it.

Archived