Why can you not use most keys as shortcuts?

Zalsaria

16 hours ago, Zalsaria said:

I usually set my keys as 1~5, Ctrl + 1~5, Shift + 1~4, Alt + 1~4, and Q E R. However, when I try to bind almost any of those it says that the key can not be bound, is there any way to bypass or fix it so I can?

Ctrl is reserved for force action. If you have let's say hydro blast on 1, then if you want to attack a player that's not purple, red, or in a clan you have a two sided war with, you have to use ctrl+1.

That said, if you use the enter chat option, then you can use the first skill bar with 0-9(0 uses the 10th slot), the second with f1-f12 and the third with the numpad (in case you have numeric key equvalents on your mouse or something), so you can use quite a bit of skills without having to click that way.

I set up mine in a similar way to another game I used to play that had something called Battle Mode. Since we have the option to hit enter to chat, all the letters are free to use as skill buttons. So I have mine set up like this:

• Bar 1: Z-/ and 1,2 on numeric keyboard (since the bar has more keys than the main keyboard section).
  • Bar 2: A-; and 4, 5 on numeric keyboard.
  • Bar 3: Q-P and 7,8 on numeric keyboard.

That way I get 30 keys that are relatively easy to access. Especially if you set your main skills towards the center and rest your hand there, so that you can hit they keys around the edges with less effort.

• 5 months later...
On 12/10/2018 at 9:39 PM, Zanfire said:

I set up mine in a similar way to another game I used to play that had something called Battle Mode. Since we have the option to hit enter to chat, all the letters are free to use as skill buttons. So I have mine set up like this:

• Bar 1: Z-/ and 1,2 on numeric keyboard (since the bar has more keys than the main keyboard section).
  • Bar 2: A-; and 4, 5 on numeric keyboard.
  • Bar 3: Q-P and 7,8 on numeric keyboard.

That way I get 30 keys that are relatively easy to access. Especially if you set your main skills towards the center and rest your hand there, so that you can hit they keys around the edges with less effort.

But how can I get z + 1/2/3 ...  or A + 1/2/3? I have a mouse with 12 buttons, in anothers MMORPGs i use " shift + 1/2/3 or crl + 1/2/3 but I in L2 when I'm adding Z + 1/2/3 the game itself only add Z or 1 button and not Z + 1/2/3

How do I add the keyboard letter to the mouse numbers? If I use Alt + 1 it's so easy but here I do not know which key is missing...

Archived