How to aoe tank before getting aoe threat at 40?

Zalsaria

I just hit 22 earlier and I got an invite to an aoe orc barracks group, so I do what I've seen other tanks do, run around, use aggression on mobs on cooldown, face pull some, group em up and take them to the group. After that things kinda go haywire, I keep taunting as people start to aoe them down but once the mob group gets to on average half hp they start to break loose and chase mages and healers sometimes. I taunt/aggression as much as i can during this whole time but it still happens, I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do though to keep it pre-40 and aoe taunt/agro.

Create a macro that says in your group that it's time to AoE. When you bring the mobs to the group, hate mobs twice and then press the macro. Look at which mobs tend to break loose most often, create /target [that mob] macro and use it in advance. Instruct your nukers to look if mobs are running toward them before starting to cast AoE, and to try to pull these mobs to the main mob group. Tell healers that Battle Heal is an aggro magnet.

10 hours ago, Krissa said:

Create a macro that says in your group that it's time to AoE. When you bring the mobs to the group, hate mobs twice and then press the macro. Look at which mobs tend to break loose most often, create /target [that mob] macro and use it in advance. Instruct your nukers to look if mobs are running toward them before starting to cast AoE, and to try to pull these mobs to the main mob group. Tell healers that Battle Heal is an aggro magnet.

Agression works on all mobs in the group even though its single target? Also, the orcs were random that decided to run after people, some were priests, some were suppliers, etc.

Aggression works on the mob you are targeting, and also on the mobs that are social to it and are close enough to it.

If the mobs are just aggressive but not social (I don't know if the current OB has such mobs, but it's unlikely), casting aggression on one of them won't mass-hate the rest.

11 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Aggression works on the mob you are targeting, and also on the mobs that are social to it and are close enough to it.

If the mobs are just aggressive but not social (I don't know if the current OB has such mobs, but it's unlikely), casting aggression on one of them won't mass-hate the rest.

Ah alright, I know the priests are social if they are near other orcs, but everything else seems to be its own mob and trying to keep control of 15-20-ish orcs is a problem.

Archived