Whats with the constant Disconnects?

Glock

Its getting annoying, while I play with my main char an never have gotten a disconnect while actively playing, my box char who is only for setting up shop, gets disconnected every few hours, today had ti reconnect 5 times already, and its inly when I leave my char on shop, its annoying that I leave a shop and come to see that I sold nothing couse got disconnected again

Well, what have you done to try and see what is going on? It could be that you have shitty internet, or it could be something shitty going on between your and the data center in Texas. Have you tried running /tracerts to the server? I haven't been disconnected once in the time Classic has been out, so from my pov, the servers have been perfectly stable. 

2 hours ago, Xandori said:

Well, what have you done to try and see what is going on? It could be that you have shitty internet, or it could be something shitty going on between your and the data center in Texas. Have you tried running /tracerts to the server? I haven't been disconnected once in the time Classic has been out, so from my pov, the servers have been perfectly stable. 

Any suggestions how to monitor the traffic of my internet to find oit ?

On 10/23/2018 at 2:42 AM, Glock said:

Any suggestions how to monitor the traffic of my internet to find oit ?

Sure. First, while ingame, open up Task Manager and click the Performance tab. At the bottom of that tab you'll see "Open Performance Monitor", click that. Then click the Network tab. This will have some frames with a bunch of stuff in them. Look at the TCP Connections frame to see the executables related to Lineage 2. You should see the IP Address that those L2 executables are connected too. Those are the ones you want.

Now that you have those you can run a simple command in a dos window. Click on the start button on the taskbar, then type in "cmd" and choose Command Prompt. When that is open you can type " tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx " without quotes and replace x's with the IP for a L2 executable you found in the TCP Connections. That is going to show you the path your packets take from your computer to the L2 datacenter. What you are looking for are really high latency nodes, or nodes where you see "*" instead of a latency number. You might start to see " * * * " towards the end of the path (this will the datacenters ddos protection, and that is normal). You're looking for nodes between the first and last which have high latency or packet loss.

Try running the tracert on other IP's that you visit normally, like Google or whatever to see the difference. The first few hops from your computer should be on your ISP's network, if you see high latency / packet loss on those hops consistently, I would call your ISP and tell them something is wrong. If you see bad connections after that, well, you're out of luck since those hops are on another network and your provider (and NCSoft) will/can do nothing about them.

You can also download a program called WinMTR (v092). This will show you the same info that tracert will, but in a windows program, and you can let it run for awhile. You can do this while playing, or you can do right after a disconnect in hopes of spotting the node that is messing with your connection.

Archived