NCsoft going retrograde

Xanatos

@Juji 

You know Juji I find it funny how this game is 14 years old and your developers and programmers and everyone that works at NCSoft still has farmer/bot problems.  It seems every other MMORPG in the world has figured out how to stop them but you persist in letting them run rampant even after you this game went free to play.  Have none of the other MMO's taught you anything?  It's even funnier that the Lineage 2 illegal servers that do exist have also figured out how to stop the farmers/bots so really the question is what is NCSoft's problem?

Yes I played this game 14 years ago for 5 years and it was just as bad when it was Chinese farmers and now it is Russian farmers.  I can understand that you didn't want to do anything about it back then because they were paying accounts and NCSoft probably needed the money because when WoW came out that November you lost a lot of players.  Now that the game is free I am completely baffled as to why you still have done nothing about it even 14 years later when technology has improved in leaps and bounds.

So do you plan on doing anything at all about them or is NCSoft just all talk with no action?

55 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

Don't really know, but whatever they did it worked.

Well, they sure became insignificant seasonal servers where people come play for a month and then [can] leave due to regular progression resets. Tell me, what is the point in botting adena/xp/whatever if it will get all reset to 0 in a month?

While l2 servers that actually have people playing on (e.g. gamecoast, rpg-club, etc.) have both bots and adena sellers. Go figure.

56 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Well, they sure became insignificant seasonal servers where people come play for a month and then [can] leave due to regular progression resets. Tell me, what is the point in botting adena/xp/whatever if it will get all reset to 0 in a month?

While l2 servers that actually have people playing on (e.g. gamecoast, rpg-club, etc.) have both bots and adena sellers. Go figure.

Exactly this,and almost all of these illegal servers have some kind of payment making rmt not worthwhile

Archived