FPS advices

hellseyfer

L2 was not designed as a customizable game. There simply is nothing you can customize for higher performance - all the performance vs quality tradeoffs are already available in the game settings dialog. It's not about something being hidden far away – no such thing exists.

And if you are talking about things that disable walls, change all armor textures to the same or disable skill cast effects – why don't you just open up a black screen and pretend you are playing L2? Gutting the game until there is nothing left on the screen is not "optimization".

1 minute ago, Slher said:

Internet speed plays a role.

Just disable shadows and the "makeup" (AA, HDR...) that you'll be able to play with integrated GPU.

Have at least a 2 cores processor.

Unfortunately, even with 'lower detail' setting, a 9900K + RTX2080Ti struggles to maintain 30 FPS in Giran/Aden (depending on where everyone goes to make a store AND fish AND do instances where you need to wait around for full pty).

4 hours ago, hellseyfer said:

Let me know if there's a legal solution about FPS huge problems.

I don't know what parts we are able to touch but ncsoft should leave us customize some lines since they not going to optimize the gaem

How come it's "huge problems" for you? What would you need that FPS for?

On 11/18/2018 at 11:32 AM, Silence said:

L2 was not designed as a customizable game. There simply is nothing you can customize for higher performance - all the performance vs quality tradeoffs are already available in the game settings dialog. It's not about something being hidden far away – no such thing exists.

And if you are talking about things that disable walls, change all armor textures to the same or disable skill cast effects – why don't you just open up a black screen and pretend you are playing L2? Gutting the game until there is nothing left on the screen is not "optimization".

I mean they should let us edit l2.ini at least

Archived