Question about server management

Starsong

Hello, i'm leaving aside the drama or whatever doesn't float everyone's boat right now, and i just have a simple question: does NCWest even know what is going on from a server-side perspective?

Let me elaborate a bit, every response to every topic raised since the beginning leads to one simple conclusion: nobody even knows if anything is a bug or intended.

Examples off the top of my head: XP 55-56, dyes, rates and the list can go on.

It doesn't take a "Rick and Morty understanding" IQ to figure out that out even from the scarce responses like the one today: one day you say "doesn't look ok" then "huge PR-looking explanation of how the game should work and yeah everything is as intended".

So in the end, it doesn't really matter what's intended or how the game works because people (gamers in this case) are resourceful and get on top of any situation. It's only the instability and lack of knowledge from your side that blows everything up.

Another example of this is when you first boosted the rates, you implemented an untested patch that had unforeseen results, then ninja-patched it and spoil rates reverted to crap without anyone knowing, and everyone blaming it on RNGesus. So maybe someday someone will accidentally add an extra dye and be like "wait a sec, i have +8 str now" and your whole "balancing theory" that covered up lack of knowledge is busted.

Bottom line is, a retail server presents (in a normal person's view) stability and it's what people want in any game, what you're transmitting to us is that maybe in the future we'll kill Antharas, get 1 stem and you don't know if it's intended, investigate for a month, while others say it's RNGesus at work and others say "it's F2P mate, enjoy it as it is".

Disclaimer: this isn't a rant about rates, port fees, dyes or any other "issues" that people worked around, ranted or stopped playing because of, this is only about the long-term confidence in these servers.

13 minutes ago, Starsong said:

Hello, i'm leaving aside the drama or whatever doesn't float everyone's boat right now, and i just have a simple question: does NCWest even know what is going on from a server-side perspective?

Let me elaborate a bit, every response to every topic raised since the beginning leads to one simple conclusion: nobody even knows if anything is a bug or intended.

Examples off the top of my head: XP 55-56, dyes, rates and the list can go on.

It doesn't take a "Rick and Morty understanding" IQ to figure out that out even from the scarce responses like the one today: one day you say "doesn't look ok" then "huge PR-looking explanation of how the game should work and yeah everything is as intended".

So in the end, it doesn't really matter what's intended or how the game works because people (gamers in this case) are resourceful and get on top of any situation. It's only the instability and lack of knowledge from your side that blows everything up.

Another example of this is when you first boosted the rates, you implemented an untested patch that had unforeseen results, then ninja-patched it and spoil rates reverted to crap without anyone knowing, and everyone blaming it on RNGesus. So maybe someday someone will accidentally add an extra dye and be like "wait a sec, i have +8 str now" and your whole "balancing theory" that covered up lack of knowledge is busted.

Bottom line is, a retail server presents (in a normal person's view) stability and it's what people want in any game, what you're transmitting to us is that maybe in the future we'll kill Antharas, get 1 stem and you don't know if it's intended, investigate for a month, while others say it's RNGesus at work and others say "it's F2P mate, enjoy it as it is".

Disclaimer: this isn't a rant about rates, port fees, dyes or any other "issues" that people worked around, ranted or stopped playing because of, this is only about the long-term confidence in these servers.

Read NCSoft's glassdoor employee reviews and that will answer all your questions. 

25 minutes ago, Starsong said:

does NCWest even know what is going on from a server-side perspective?

No, they dont. They have no idea how the actual gameplay feels like. They have no idea of whats going on and i dont think they even care. They are killing their own project.

Why are u ignorant NCwest? Why u dont care about ur player base and why u dont care about the server life?  U can make money even in 3 years but u chose to keep only the whales. 

U are killing ur own game.

Archived