Is it possible and legal to modify "L2.ini" to improve performance?

Lechuga

I remember that the file L2.ini, located:  C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Lineage II\system

contained the information related to the resolution, sound, video options, etc. Modifying these options from this file allows a greater parameter entry, compared to the options of the in-game menu. 

1. Is it legal to modify this file? (ban or not ban)

2.- The changes made to this file are applied by the client? or ignore this file?

3.- Is there another file to modify these options?

SO if game launched from l2.exe not launcher yes you can do it, but this is official game and this mean if change something  after launch game updater will check this file and repair it to default  this mean l2 antilag/change 2.ini settings and etc can't help you. (all illegal servers launched game from system folder) this is official game and can be launched only from l2 launcher

The changes made are not applied because check launcher identifies the changes in the file, hit my balls and replace them for the original of the account? They save my configuration profile on their servers mmmm ... 

If someone has some other method to improve performance, comment here below xd.

11 hours ago, Lechuga said:

I remember that the file L2.ini, located:  C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Lineage II\system

contained the information related to the resolution, sound, video options, etc. Modifying these options from this file allows a greater parameter entry, compared to the options of the in-game menu. 

1. Is it legal to modify this file? (ban or not ban)

2.- The changes made to this file are applied by the client? or ignore this file?

3.- Is there another file to modify these options?

What you wanna change in l2.ini and can't modify from ingame options?

2 hours ago, Buldos said:

What you wanna change in l2.ini and can't modify from ingame options?

There's a bunch you can tweak for performance in the l2.ini. But also a bunch of hacks too by changing just few lines...

So no, editing l2.ini is a no no.

Archived