Tanks seriously nerfed in pve

Disaro

On 13-12-2017 at 10:08 AM, TenebrisFilia said:

I think all we know how to play our tanks. After Grand Crusade update (tanks lost lot of hp) and especially with Salvation update the only thing is matters is the gear and nothing else. You must have at least +8 pve armor.

On 16-12-2017 at 2:30 PM, TenebrisFilia said:

You have absolute right. The trick is not to get all damage but find a ways to ignore it. :)

See??

Learn how to play with your new tank was the key :D

About your question, dont know what tank you have. But i used to have ST and then change to Evas, impression? ST sucks. If you are mid geared use defensive tanks. Are a lot better tanking. Bosses, like Altar ones, do nothing to me, thats why i dont care xd. Ofcourse if there are many mobs dont use two hand, the stance is for using with frenzy,  br and some other buff like abundance and savage. After frenzy is gone back to shield. XD.  And overenchant some skills is important. Minimum all +10,  specially raise shield time. Ideal +12 or more, in lvl 5 last 20 sec, with a cooldown of 40 sec,  with a few proc of GF the cooldown catch the skill active time to be ready to cast again as it wears off.  On aoe i get around 50k pdef with raise shield, i remeber as St dont reach 40k with same gear setup. Plus elemental defence and cubics. Paladín also is a great option, but i like the snare skill that elf/ dark elf have,  so i chose it when change.  i think the game force you to stack in your role.

Offensive tanks,  as i said on other post, have at least a bloody option difference. So to perform equal, in ove, an Offensive tank with bloody will do equal as a tank with normal gear. Is huge. 

8 hours ago, Irlumir said:

See??

Learn how to play with your new tank was the key :D

About your question, dont know what tank you have. But i used to have ST and then change to Evas, impression? ST sucks. If you are mid geared use defensive tanks. Are a lot better tanking. Bosses, like Altar ones, do nothing to me, thats why i dont care xd. Ofcourse if there are many mobs dont use two hand, the stance is for using with frenzy,  br and some other buff like abundance and savage. After frenzy is gone back to shield. XD.  And overenchant some skills is important. Minimum all +10,  specially raise shield time. Ideal +12 or more, in lvl 5 last 20 sec, with a cooldown of 40 sec,  with a few proc of GF the cooldown catch the skill active time to be ready to cast again as it wears off.  On aoe i get around 50k pdef with raise shield, i remeber as St dont reach 40k with same gear setup. Plus elemental defence and cubics. Paladín also is a great option, but i like the snare skill that elf/ dark elf have,  so i chose it when change.  i think the game force you to stack in your role.

Offensive tanks,  as i said on other post, have at least a bloody option difference. So to perform equal, in ove, an Offensive tank with bloody will do equal as a tank with normal gear. Is huge. 

Ty for respond. I have ST and i am low geared. Like before update art of seduction make the trick at af+altar. I know the differences between offensive and defensive tanks (i didn't know that 3 years before when i was start playing) but i am somewhat emotionally tied with this class so i will keep playing like ST. Thank anyway for your answer :)

ST is still much better Tank to play with then what happened with HK so you're lucky there ;)

ET is kind of best all round tank for both PVE & PVP but yeah if want to do DPS or at least give your party more DPS ST is da way to go and it for sure helps if you have above average gear but that applies to all classes these days..

Mainly is the lack of rage aura that hurt tanks. Previous Tank Version most ST use rage for heavy tanking unless wearing bloody armor (+8 or better), so most ST never use the patk aura when tanking on previous chronicle. I dont have bloody but have good amount of defensive boost ( abundance, diamond lvl4, ferios, pdef shirt, etc) and can be around with the aura, but over 102, on 103 can do ok instances with templar aura on, but on heavy tanking i switch to rage. The same happend to HK, in a more agressive way, due to be stronger the protection his aura gives. 

For that now you have raise shield, but without good pdef base and overenchanted  raise shield you will have a hard time when raise shield is off. I try my old ST with raise shield +12 and works OK, but the cubics where so lame that boosting 10% patk to party was not enough to keep it. Mass para is fine, but landing rate seems to be nerfed. On the other hand frenzy provides a good landing single target para, that was fine on oly, but again, you recive more damage than defensive tanks, on same gear and provides almost the same damage, maybe a little more with hex cubic, useless for party pve. The other cubic is just garbage, 

As i previouly said, if you dont wear bloody +8 or better forget offensive tanks. If you have bless +8 set, or normal +8 set and some decent things (diamond 3 or better, abundance, pve belt, mystic soul, over 130k hp, etc) you will be fine on all game content without bloody, even on pvp will be OK, unless some archer with OE skill on break path hit ya.. the only way to survive that is to have good pvp reduction items ( 80%  or soo..)

On defensive tank you have the base 15% pdef/mdef boost (wich apply on base so every stacking pdef item / buff wlll be boosted) and also have 150 more elemental defence or 10% pdef/mdef more,  wich for non stacked tanks is huge. 

Besides, elemental defence apply over your overall pdef, wich is over the raise shield+ shield defence. Also defensive tanks cast their previous trigger skills as you cast raise shield, giving for the first 5 sec some extra pdef.

Honestly no party with good gear will need the extra 10% patk.... the 10% matk is lol. but for DD the protection of a defensive aura will allow them to survive a little longer in case they get hit.  Well i try both with same gear and paff huge improvement with evas XD. 

Mass para is the only thing that may keep you atach to the class......... and now there are some options for CC to other tanks xD

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2017 at 3:16 PM, Keoz said:

First of all, not ALL shield skills turn down Raise/Focus/Wave Shield and it's important to know. Only the rush skill, single stun and throw shield turn down your Raise/Focus/Wave buff, you can still use the frontal stun/push and Shield Wave, both which are really useful to reduce damage on you. That's why I said you have to really try and explore the class, for example I have all this shield desactivating skills in one section of my shortcuts, so I don't touch them while I'm raising my defense.

In the case you mention, you should do the following: 1. aggro toggle always up 2. raise shield/frenzy 3. run around the mobs using mass aggro 4. set yourself in a mid position and use mass chain to pull them all 5. combo it with aoe stun, then root and take a little distance to evade damage, from there just control the situation pulling the rest with the other 2 chains skills and assisting yourself with the shield stun/push and stun aoe

A lot of our skills are now disrupting (3 chains, 2 aoe stuns and 1 root), if you use them properly, the mobs won't hit you most of the time. If your party further assist you with their own disrupting skills (snare, knock back aoe, stun aoe, etc), taking groups of mobs becomes a peace of cake

If your concept of tank is: I aggro them, they all hit me and I just stand there, well, then you gonna have to start spending in improving you gear to that point of passiveness

I disagree with you, Reise Shield and Folcus Shield are disabled when using the stun, Shield Wave does not deactivate, but the Shield Wave buff effect does not enter because Reise Shield and Focus Shield do not allow this effect to be used when using the Shield Wave. Shield Wave, the only shield skill that does not deactivate Reise Shield and Focus Shield is that shield skill that pushes and has a chance of losing the enemy target. For if you use Ultimate Defense yourself, you can not use Reise Shield and Focus Shield. That is, NCsoft spoiled Sigel, not allowing him to use his skills to the fullest. In even PVP, these abilities leave the Sigel weak to any class, he will not win from any class that is on the same level of his equipment, because you are too limited, and have to be much more attentive about it. Because in a PVP fight, you have to be aware of how to use the skills, the Sigel player now needs to know what to use and even then, situations occur that you need to use a skill that will disable another skill, and at the same time, you needs the other, otherwise it dies or loses. Reise Shield increases 100% of P.Defesa and decreases by -100% Poiwer Critical Chance Rate, but I did not see this doing any influence, and it reflects 10% of the damage, but there you are remembers that NCsoft with its inability to balance the game, created several items that diminishes the taken reflects, that is, the DDs equip themselves with these items, ready, they will be able to beat the will in the Sigel, because the damages that came back to them, Sigel is very low, Sigel damage is very low, Sigel always defeated in the reflects, and there to Ncsoft with his supreme intelligence, create several items that in the end, it helps a lot more DDs that Sigel itself is a defensive class, which in the end, can not defend itself. For it was created an idea that defense is simply to create skills that increase P.Defesa and M.Defesa and this was destroyed in the old UD, that increased to P.Defesa and M.Defesa in more of 16 K and limited damages in 100 , and it reflected in 100%, this proves that increase of more than 11k of P.Defesa and M.Defesa is of no use, because when using this DD, DDs died knocking, showing how DD damage is so absurd that they would kill each other by beating a class that used a UD that increased and much to P.Defesa and M.Defesa, and even then, it returned the absurd damages that the DDs gave, that forced the DDs to wait to finish the buff.And, today, they created a Final Ultimate Defense that should have been ashamed to call itself Final Ultimate Defense, which limits the damage received to 650, but it depends on your P.Defesa, that is, if your P.Defesa is not high, you The Ultimate Defense skill is very powerful. You can not use Reise Shield and Focus Shield, so NCsoft really did find this: Well, this Final Ultimate Defense skill is very powerful. , let's keep reuse in 15 minutes and not allow it to use other skills ... Just showing how NCsoft does not know how to balance class, and who created weak skills for Sigel, and Patch Note, had the courage to state that Sigel would be much more powerful for PVE and PVE, their biggest fallacy.

1 hour ago, Murkan said:

I disagree with you, Reise Shield and Folcus Shield are disabled when using the stun, Shield Wave does not deactivate, but the Shield Wave buff effect does not enter because Reise Shield and Focus Shield do not allow this effect to be used when using the Shield Wave. Shield Wave, the only shield skill that does not deactivate Reise Shield and Focus Shield is that shield skill that pushes and has a chance of losing the enemy target. For if you use Ultimate Defense yourself, you can not use Reise Shield and Focus Shield. That is, NCsoft spoiled Sigel, not allowing him to use his skills to the fullest. In even PVP, these abilities leave the Sigel weak to any class, he will not win from any class that is on the same level of his equipment, because you are too limited, and have to be much more attentive about it. Because in a PVP fight, you have to be aware of how to use the skills, the Sigel player now needs to know what to use and even then, situations occur that you need to use a skill that will disable another skill, and at the same time, you needs the other, otherwise it dies or loses. Reise Shield increases 100% of P.Defesa and decreases by -100% Poiwer Critical Chance Rate, but I did not see this doing any influence, and it reflects 10% of the damage, but there you are remembers that NCsoft with its inability to balance the game, created several items that diminishes the taken reflects, that is, the DDs equip themselves with these items, ready, they will be able to beat the will in the Sigel, because the damages that came back to them, Sigel is very low, Sigel damage is very low, Sigel always defeated in the reflects, and there to Ncsoft with his supreme intelligence, create several items that in the end, it helps a lot more DDs that Sigel itself is a defensive class, which in the end, can not defend itself. For it was created an idea that defense is simply to create skills that increase P.Defesa and M.Defesa and this was destroyed in the old UD, that increased to P.Defesa and M.Defesa in more of 16 K and limited damages in 100 , and it reflected in 100%, this proves that increase of more than 11k of P.Defesa and M.Defesa is of no use, because when using this DD, DDs died knocking, showing how DD damage is so absurd that they would kill each other by beating a class that used a UD that increased and much to P.Defesa and M.Defesa, and even then, it returned the absurd damages that the DDs gave, that forced the DDs to wait to finish the buff.And, today, they created a Final Ultimate Defense that should have been ashamed to call itself Final Ultimate Defense, which limits the damage received to 650, but it depends on your P.Defesa, that is, if your P.Defesa is not high, you The Ultimate Defense skill is very powerful. You can not use Reise Shield and Focus Shield, so NCsoft really did find this: Well, this Final Ultimate Defense skill is very powerful. , let's keep reuse in 15 minutes and not allow it to use other skills ... Just showing how NCsoft does not know how to balance class, and who created weak skills for Sigel, and Patch Note, had the courage to state that Sigel would be much more powerful for PVE and PVE, their biggest fallacy.

Wooow hard to read XD.

What Keoz told you is right, there are 3 skills that cancel raise / focus buff, boomerang, shield bash, shield charge. 

Why have that hard time? Tank is fine, have been better, have been worse. Play or reroll.

Have nice gear? if you do you shold be a terrible player with tank, if not your gear sucks.

Have a nice day.

Archived