Newbie here

smeagolknows

Hello there, i haven't played L2 in like 15 years but if i remember correctly there was no R-Grade. I'm at lvl 97 now doing a quest (gathering blood from vampires) and i still got the R-grade armor and weapon an npc gave me back at lvl 40 if i remember correctly. What is this R grade? How can i buy S-grade equipment and should i? What do i do after i finish this quest that tells me i should gather 500 blood vials and get to lvl 99 so i can recieve a prize.Is it the last quest i'll be getting? Sorry about my questions i just need some guidance lol.

Yeah @Dawe is right. The Grade-System goes from low to high: D, C, B, A, S, S80, R, R95, R99, R110.   All below R-Grade was mostly taken out of the game. Also there is no more Grade penalty so you could wear R110 Equipment even on lvl 1 and get the full boost.  That quest on lvl 40 gives you everything you need till 100. That is where the game starts now (maybe even a little later ... at 103/105). So just keep all the items that you got from the quests now. It is the best you can get for free at those lvls.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Azura said:

where i go for lvl 100??

Aden -> Blazing Swamp (Joachim NPC on Aden should give u a quest when u get to 99 to kill 1000 mobs and reach lvl 100) 

When u reach lvl 100 u should go to Heine to take 1st exalted quest from Lionel NPC