Upgrading to Bloody

Berom

I wanted to ask a question if I'm lucky enough to obtain a +6 - +10 armour piece and I want to enhance it with a bloody stone for pve. Does the enchantment stay or will the npc take my +6 piece and give to me a virgin +0 bloody piece back?

I tried to find a similar topic, yet it wasn't really answered to.

I'm not sure because the NPC says "add" but as "we" know the descriptions aren't really flawless.

Whatever your ++ is when you start is what it becomes when finish. But you need to read up a bit on making your armor bloody because its only 100% if you start with a blessed piece of armor. Meaning, if you have a +8 non-blessed piece of armor and you have all the necessary items to make it bloody and you click.... It can fail and you lose all those mats. You keep the armor, it stays the same as whatever it was, but the mats that you used are alllll gone. Make sure your armor piece or weapon is blessed before you make this attempt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ganealf said:

Whatever your ++ is when you start is what it becomes when finish. But you need to read up a bit on making your armor bloody because its only 100% if you start with a blessed piece of armor. Meaning, if you have a +8 non-blessed piece of armor and you have all the necessary items to make it bloody and you click.... It can fail and you lose all those mats. You keep the armor, it stays the same as whatever it was, but the mats that you used are alllll gone. Make sure your armor piece or weapon is blessed before you make this attempt. 

Thank you for the fast reply.

oh wow so I guess I should go for blessed first, yet I don't know how :)

Guess I will try to read it up.

58% chance of success with standard parts. 100% with blessed.

I gambled making a +10 heavy set bloody, did all 5 pieces with 0 fails, all standard.

Amazing experience.

I gambled a week later making a +10 Bloody robe set, all 5 pieces, top and bottom went first try, helmet failed 2 times, gloves and boots failed 4 times each.

Painful experience.

TBH don't bloody or dark anything unless its +8 or above, +6 stuff isn't worth it anymore. And if you're looking at end game anything find +10 stuff.

Edited by Auburn