Maestro weapon/gear?

xmot

Just coming back to the game, saw the latest patch, decided to try a maestro.  Is 1H blunt + shield the way to go for pve with the p. crit dmg on the passive, or is something like a slasher still better?

Is tyrr damage still about regular crit damage, or are skills strong enough to go for skill crit damage?

On 23/04/2020 at 2:55 PM, xmot said:

Just coming back to the game, saw the latest patch, decided to try a maestro.  Is 1H blunt + shield the way to go for pve with the p. crit dmg on the passive, or is something like a slasher still better?

Is tyrr damage still about regular crit damage, or are skills strong enough to go for skill crit damage?

Yes, 1h blunt + shield is the way to go for maestro.

In this update tyrrs got a boost in the skill power and in pskill critical damage from some of their buffs however the skill critical rate is so low that u hardly can feel any diference in pve situations. PvP wise (oly mostly) being a maestro u got a sweet new passive that hit players (and monsters) like a topaz every few seconds that gives you a whole new range of build options.

Answering the second question, yep, patk and crit damage and normal hits is the best way to scale on tyrrs. But as i mentioned before u have a new passive maybe going for defense and trying to kill solo monsters that are very hard to kill is the way?!

Maestro is probably one of the funniest class to play at the moment.

On 23/04/2020 at 6:55 PM, xmot said:

At least for Titan, Skill crit dmg is viable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0bcGQ9Unw

I suppose a  Maestro could go the Skill Crits route if you wanted to try AOE but with the new skill I think your better off hunting high HP single target mobs.  Using a 1h blunt with just auto attacks from you and your golem you'll plow mobs.  It's really OP.  The skill procs 3-4 on almost every mob.  Add in +10 Last Attack (penalty) and you can really hunt above your weight.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice.

I know most tyrr's go light armor for PVE, just making sure it's the same for maestro?  The +7/+8 enchant bonuses look better on light, the passives don't look like they'd make a difference for most pve, attack speed is maxed either way, but just making sure I'm not missing something (does the extra pdef of heavy matter?).

3 hours ago, xmot said:

Thanks for all the advice.

I know most tyrr's go light armor for PVE, just making sure it's the same for maestro?  The +7/+8 enchant bonuses look better on light, the passives don't look like they'd make a difference for most pve, attack speed is maxed either way, but just making sure I'm not missing something (does the extra pdef of heavy matter?).

TBH either is fine.  For the most part light bonuses are better.  However, you will get slightly more normal crit dmg from a hvy set (3% on r99, 5% on r110).  Will that make up for the superior OE bonuses of light, IDK.  It shouldn't be to hard to max out attack speed and crit rate with either as well. 

It does seem as though the devs are pushing Tyrrs towards hvy though.  They added Dagger/Bow Resistance to our Heavy Armor Mastery Passive Skill.  I think we can all agree (as Tyrrs) that archers are just the worst :).  When you get 106 you will also have the ability to hunt yellow/light red mobs.  If you go the light route PDef might be an issue.  

• 1 month later...

Does Spirit of Golem work with spears? The continent of mobs is mostly aoe and fast kills, seems to me that spear is more viable option. But i'm just 101lvl with exalted blunt... Any experienced Maestro can give an advice?

14 hours ago, Nauka said:

Does Spirit of Golem work with spears? The continent of mobs is mostly aoe and fast kills, seems to me that spear is more viable option. But i'm just 101lvl with exalted blunt... Any experienced Maestro can give an advice?

I've never tried it but I'm sure it does.  It works with no weapon just swinging your fist!  A spear is actually a really good weap to go from 101-106.  You can AOE Tanor, Coal Mines, and Beleths.  The problem with a spear (IMO) is that there aren't many places to use it after 106.  You can use it in Storm and PI but those are only 1hr each /day.  Virtually all 105-109 hunting areas are small group mobs spaced fairly far apart.  So yes, you can go the spear route and it migh come in handy but, your DPS will be higher with a 1h blunt and you'll probably be hunting small group mobs (5-8) after 106.

• Like 1