Elven Scout doesn't want to shoot from a distance.

I have a problem and I hope you can help me solve it.
Actually, my brother has a problem but he asked me to ask in the forum.
He is now an elf and is level 37 so he is a scout for now. Then he will choose Silver Ranger.

The problem is that this scout while hunting does not shoot from a distance but only first runs to the mob and only begins to shoot.
This happens when "auto-hunting" is enabled. When he manually marks a mob, the archer normally runs up and starts firing from a distance. But on "auto-hunting" he runs up to the mob and just starts firing. This is a weak option because it loses HP very quickly.
I have Phantom Ranger at level 41 and I've never had anything like that.

You have an idea what this may be because we have already tried many options.
Help.

12 minutes ago, Cathalix said:

I have a problem and I hope you can help me solve it.
Actually, my brother has a problem but he asked me to ask in the forum.
He is now an elf and is level 37 so he is a scout for now. Then he will choose Silver Ranger.

The problem is that this scout while hunting does not shoot from a distance but only first runs to the mob and only begins to shoot.
This happens when "auto-hunting" is enabled. When he manually marks a mob, the archer normally runs up and starts firing from a distance. But on "auto-hunting" he runs up to the mob and just starts firing. This is a weak option because it loses HP very quickly.
I have Phantom Ranger at level 41 and I've never had anything like that.

You have an idea what this may be because we have already tried many options.
Help.

I've only had that happen when I have a short ranged skill like bleed "activated" for use by autohunt or there's a macro with a short ranged skill being used with autohunt.
Bleed doesn't work with bows but it will cause you to run up to the mob with a bow.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

2 hours ago, MacaronMonster said:

add ranged skill on loop should shoot first

But this is not entirely the solution. I don't necessarily want to use macro just for the archer to shoot from a distance. For example, my brother wanted to set macro
/useskill Elemental Heal
/delay 20
or other and then you can't enable two macros at once.

Anyone have any other ideas why this is happening? Is this a bug or something?

Playing with an archer, this is something that has never happened to me. Sometimes auto hunting randomly activates some skills that are on the bar. Try to remove everything from the bars to make sure that this is not the case. Maybe one skill is activated to run and the bar is hidden (they are four) 

5 hours ago, Mpidikleas said:

Playing with an archer, this is something that has never happened to me. Sometimes auto hunting randomly activates some skills that are on the bar. Try to remove everything from the bars to make sure that this is not the case. Maybe one skill is activated to run and the bar is hidden (they are four) 

Indeed my main group has a ghost sentinel and I've only had the problem in the scenarios I listed prior. My SR and HE are the same albeit a lot lower level. There's something wrong with a macro he's using or a skill is being auto used that is melee. My fortune seeker will cast spoil when I use autohunt even if I remove everything from the hotkey bars. It'll even spoil when I have spoil on the hotkey bar and it's been deactivated. Spoil is utterly useless and autohunt has problems with sweeping so it's completely worthless to use. I have been forced to make a macro that has /useskill armor crush /attack /pickup on repeat to force it to NOT spoil and to actually loot because auto loot doesn't seem to want to work either. Those are the only times I've experienced weirdness with the autohunt.

I cannot repeat the problem even with the macro he listed on my SR.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

I've had many archers, one lvl 80 also and I've never experienced this. I would say check that long ranged auto target is on, and then as someone wrote above just take off all skills from actions bars, it might be a close range skill stuck on loop. 

On 20.05.2020 at 1:34 AM, drex said:

This is the wrong forum to get help for that kind of "auto hunting"

Why? 

BTW...
I solved the problem thanks to your hints.
Although no skill and no macro was active, I deleted everything from the skill bar. Then I put it back and now it's ok. Thanks.