My new ISP or Just more random DC server wide?

rxbandit3

About 8 or 9 days ago I moved into a new place with what I thought was better interment (not to say my old places internet was bad, it was just DSL). It was DSL and it was STABLE (my toons hardly ever DC'd.

The new place ( same town) has wireless from a fiber optic setup. Since switching to it after moving in, I come back home after a 9 hour work day and 3-5 of my 20+ toons have DC'd while the rest are either still farming in catas or all dead (if the "wrong" toon AKA WC or healer) was one that DC'd..

Is this a new server wide issue in the past 8-10 days?? or is this just what I can expect from my "better" internet?  The game is quickly becoming unworthy of continuing to play if I always have to log toons back in/reform parties, and res dead parties...

Thanks for any insight

Duke:

USA. My towns local Fiber and AirFiber provider.

Maybe I should try plugging my computers directly into the router?

Between setting everything up last night (takes an hour or so) and getting 8 hours of Sleep I woke up two 3/26 toons disconnected and 1 party died as a result. Really getting old.

Edited by rxbandit3

2 hours ago, rxbandit3 said:

Duke:

Between setting everything up last night (takes an hour or so) and getting 8 hours of Sleep I woke up two 3/26 toons disconnected and 1 party died as a result. Really getting old.

Lately I am having serious problems with the stability of the connection with the server (IP 64.25.37.154). Especially at night, where packet loss rates are huge, as well as increased latency. Tip: Download the PINGPLOTTER program to monitor all connections on the route between your modem and the server. 

It is a shame that an official server has followed problems of this kind.

4 hours ago, rxbandit3 said:

Duke:

We used to have problems like this from Europe-Greece during mid July early August. Random disconnects on toons for no reason. I would have computer and laptop logged with characters and some would just randomly get dc without any lagspikes. This got fixed after the tales untold update last month. Another user in the forums suggested to check into the Network Adapter Configuration and make sure that the option in Power Management " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unticked.

I hope your issues get fixed soon, it sucks really bad to have disconnects all the time for no reason.