Game Mechanic Opportunities PvP

Rotten

Before people make this viral thinking i'm complaining I'm not. It's in my opinion an issue in the game.

I am offering a suggestion for a game mechanic change around PvP. I suspect it was NOT the intention of NC to allow characters to damage other characters and flag while they are auto hunting with any of their skills.

The Fault here is that if a player is flagged that is trying to start a war, approaches another player auto hunting certain skills can damage them, even if not intentionally. This allows clans to force war on clans that have no intention of using the PvP mechanics of the game.

A simple change to the mechanics of the game requiring combat mode, the use of ctrl, or forcing targets to damage other players during auto hunt would solve this. 

I thought that was already fixed? Just a few days ago I read a discussion about this topic and it ended with NCWest having asked to have a setting implemented to prevent unwanted targeting of hostile players, which NCSoft actually did implement (the "Set next target" option that lets you choose between only mobs or also including hostile players).

Did that not fix it? When they actually made that change it showed that they were actually trying to prevent it from happening, so if this still happens that should mean that they maybe should improve on their solution. (Sorry if my info is very outdated, still trying to get back into how things work and info on all the changes are hard to find)

On 10/28/2020 at 4:38 PM, Rotten said:

Before people make this viral thinking i'm complaining I'm not. It's in my opinion an issue in the game.

I am offering a suggestion for a game mechanic change around PvP. I suspect it was NOT the intention of NC to allow characters to damage other characters and flag while they are auto hunting with any of their skills.

The Fault here is that if a player is flagged that is trying to start a war, approaches another player auto hunting certain skills can damage them, even if not intentionally. This allows clans to force war on clans that have no intention of using the PvP mechanics of the game.

A simple change to the mechanics of the game requiring combat mode, the use of ctrl, or forcing targets to damage other players during auto hunt would solve this. 

First, you are in the wrong section of forum...if you offering suggestion atleast do it properly.
Second, corean devs worked almost 2 years to solve pk/unwanted flagissue...they conclude they cant solve it and the consequence was ppl dont drop/destroy items when they are red>>>>everybody is happy now.

Regarding war...you can ended with few crp, its not an issue

Edited by TheThrax
  • Like 1