Broken Game - Some ideas to fix it

Sl4yer

There are countless posts on how broken the game is.  For me, the biggest area broken is the PK system.  Most of us play this game for enjoyment, to pass time, build online anonymous friendships, and to escape reality.  That is the product you offer us and we willingly spend our time and money on.  As the game is now, it is no longer enjoyable for a majority of people.  The market is dead again, players are leaving, your cash cow money players are posting here in the forums telling you what is wrong.  The ideas are met with deafening silence from NCsoft.

PK System faults:

Toons that are 3 or more levels higher have higher Attack and Defenses, that is natural.  What is not natural is that L90 toons come to L80 or L85 toons and wipe them out with an AOE skill.  One shot the whole party.  There are clans, that have locked down TOI and LOA as an example.  They stated that nobody else will be able to level there.  If I setup there, my whole party is wiped within 5 minutes. I  then burn through feathers and BREZ.  Where is the enjoyment in that?  I want the game to be fun, not me rezzing and resetting my party.  Instead of rewarding bullying, why not punish it?  Given the politically correct environment of the world, here are some suggested changes, pick 1:

1. You can only PK toons within 3 levels of your own level, except on the siege field. On the siege field, everyone is fair game.  In this way you give people a fighting chance to PVP and defend themselves.

-OR-

2. Don't allow PK, only allow PVP.  If you attack a toon and they don't fight back or respond, don't allow the bully to kill them.  It also shouldn't allow the bully to bring the HP down low enough so a MOB kills them either. So the bully can take down their CP and if no response to fight back, that is all they can do.  That way MOBS won't kill the person because the bully isn't affecting the HP of the person they are attacking.

-OR-

3. A toon comes and PK, and goes red.  Don't allow them to clean it.  The only way to clean it, is by revenge death, and revenge doesn't expire until it is revenged.  If they die by mob, while red, they drop their gear as you have implemented now, but the red remains.  

-OR-

4. A toon that is more than 3 levels above attacks a lower level player.  The offending high level player that is attacking the lower level toons should have their Defense and Attack stats cut in half.  This way the lower player has a chance.  

I can't play my main anymore with my party because we can't EXP and we can't afford to burn through feathers and BREZ like we have been doing.  If something isn't changed soon, I suspect you will be losing a lot more players.   You have a passionate installed base giving ideas to improve and grow the game, but it feels like nobody is listening.  

• Like 2

There's a simple solution to this problem, they just need to add a scalable debuff based on the karma one has and of course reinstate the dropable items. This way perma pk alts will be useless and mains will not risk dropping their 2k $ weapon.

• Like 1

There is a very very very simple way to fix what NC broke recently - just bring back all pvp/pk related stuff to the state it was before NC started to "improve" it. This system was working great for 15 years. It is balanced and reasonable. The more you PK the more penalty you get. There should be no limit on how big that penalty becomes. You drop items if you die from anyone - mobs, other players.

NC just needs to stop "fixing" things which are not broken.

P.S. No, you should not remove PK - PK is a part of the game. L2 is designed that way and it is the intention.