A confused newbie - what am I doing wrong?

I'm on level 99 at the moment, was pretty much just following the questline so far, using the equipment and accessories I got from it, upgrading all the skills I can, but I feel like I've hit a wall - I'm on a quest called "Noble Material" and the mobs I'm supposed to kill feel extremely tough, too strong for my character. I hardly do any damage to them and struggle to keep my HP on a safe level. Well, technically I can kill them, but it's a struggle, even using any boosts I got in my inventory. Was I supposed to upgrade something on the gear I got from previous quests? I'm a bit confused as I didn't really get notifications about upgrading systems or quests for it, which I'm used to in MMOs. I tried asking in global chat, but didn't get an answer

Edited to add - my class is Feoh Soulhound, I use my buff skills and the buffs from NPCs of course, I try various skills I have but they don't make much difference with how little damage I seem to be doing

• Like 1

You're low level and low gear even though that's where the game tells you you're supposed to be. Some classes struggle more than others when they gotta move from bloody to blazing swamp. Your best bet is to get into a party and continue that quest chain until you finish the first exalted quest and get your exalted armor and weapon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ayumeri said:

I'm on level 99 at the moment, was pretty much just following the questline so far, using the equipment and accessories I got from it, upgrading all the skills I can, but I feel like I've hit a wall - I'm on a quest called "Noble Material" and the mobs I'm supposed to kill feel extremely tough, too strong for my character. I hardly do any damage to them and struggle to keep my HP on a safe level. Well, technically I can kill them, but it's a struggle, even using any boosts I got in my inventory. Was I supposed to upgrade something on the gear I got from previous quests? I'm a bit confused as I didn't really get notifications about upgrading systems or quests for it, which I'm used to in MMOs. I tried asking in global chat, but didn't get an answer

Edited to add - my class is Feoh Soulhound, I use my buff skills and the buffs from NPCs of course, I try various skills I have but they don't make much difference with how little damage I seem to be doing

There are 2 locations that you can complete this quest, make sure that you are killing mobs in Blazing Swamp, the other area has magic attack resistance (dont remember the name),  you can also get level 100 to bloody swampland if you cant kill higher level mobs.

1 hour ago, Equadym said:

Blazing Swamp is for ranged toons...

War-Torn Plains is for melee toons...

In my experience blazing swamp mobs are easier to kill with melee toons as well. Trouble is if you're melee you get ks'ed more often than not in blazing.

19 minutes ago, Catlord said:

In my experience blazing swamp mobs are easier to kill with melee toons as well. Trouble is if you're melee you get ks'ed more often than not in blazing.

true dat! and its weird..

21 hours ago, Ayumeri said:

The best way is to find a party, but you should be able to kill there with Feoh 99 alone, make sure you equipped all items you got from quests and that you are using your skills correctly.

- Empowering Echo and burst casting on loop

- Essence of Mana and Wind stance toggles on

- Also, use skills in this order: Updraft destruction, Elemental Burst, Elemental Storm - if you have long cooldown you can add Elemental Spike at the beginning.