Star Candy event

Shaierel

Hi all,

I'd like to ask - is there any % probability list of rewards available for event? Could not find it myself...

Right now I have a few Star Candies I could exchange but I'd loose like 3kk adena along the way. Which seems to me to be quite a lot just for Sayha Grace Points (mostly) atm... So I am considering to just let it expire...

This event is kinda terrible. It is clear that the main goal of this event is to simply remove adena from your inventory, and from the economy as a whole. Which is strange, because the server is so new and there is so little adena on the market in the first place.

• Like 1

"trying to get jewels"

can you explain that?  - like how many  candy and how much adena do you need for a chance at a jewel

and exactly what is a jewel - is it a consumable?  something you wear, if so on what?  and what mods?

as others have said, with adena so scare for non p2p players, i'd rather let my candy go unused sept 1st 🤫

3 minutes ago, consort said:

"trying to get jewels"

can you explain that?  - like how many  candy and how much adena do you need for a chance at a jewel

and exactly what is a jewel - is it a consumable?  something you wear, if so on what?  and what mods?

as others have said, with adena so scare for non p2p players, i'd rather let my candy go unused sept 1st 🤫

In this video I open a bunch of candy.  I would say I got above average luck on this batch, getting 3 jewels.  They are the jewels you can equip in a brooch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1128751029

If you're a F2P player, though, I'm not sure I would recommend it, although getting a bunch of sayha's grace along the way is not too bad of a consolation prize.

thanks Katapult 🥰  here's yet another new to Aden question;

assuming i get a bunch of these jewels out of candy+adena+RNG

won't i need some fancy multi socket brooch to host them all ?

or will the brooch i got for free (or town NPC) already handle this.

i assume jewels are not trade'able as i have not noticed people

spamming or player stores offering them.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:35 PM, Enthused said:

This event is kinda terrible. It is clear that the main goal of this event is to simply remove adena from your inventory, and from the economy as a whole. Which is strange, because the server is so new and there is so little adena on the market in the first place.

Well i have spent about 10kk adena and actually i think you are right with the rewards being so poor, the best i got was 2 jewels which i combined them promptly blew up. 

NCSoft L2 Aden game designers can save face

by putting a candy buying NPC in every town.

let the rich p2p waste their L2Coin:adena on boxes

while the rest of us f2p net some adena profit from it.

i got two skills that require 1,000,000 adena to learn - WTF 

i haven't bought a thing, and barely saved 200,000 from drops.

3 hours ago, champion said:

Well i have spent about 10kk adena and actually i think you are right with the rewards being so poor, the best i got was 2 jewels which i combined them promptly blew up. 

The problem is that this event is priced for a server that been up for a while, not a brand new server. Adena is too rare and valuable right now due to the fact the servers are still so new. The pricing of this event would have been fine for a server that is 3+ months old, when there is significantly more adena in player's inventories.

But as of right now, given how valuable and expensive adena is due to the current server situation, this event is a total ripoff.

Was about to quit the whole thing and i spent my 2kk on making candy out of 20 chances i got 2x fancy basket 7x candy basket and 11x sweet grace. From the 2 Fancy 1 was a box of a lvl 4 opal (i know only for pvp its good but still better than nothing) and the other gave 9 scrolls of boost attack. Not sure if lvl 4 opal is a great profit yet. Will check the market and decide soon if i wasted 2kk for nothing or not. 

15 hours ago, consort said:

thanks Katapult 🥰  here's yet another new to Aden question;

assuming i get a bunch of these jewels out of candy+adena+RNG

won't i need some fancy multi socket brooch to host them all ?

or will the brooch i got for free (or town NPC) already handle this.

i assume jewels are not trade'able as i have not noticed people

spamming or player stores offering them.

You're right, these are "imprint" so cannot be traded.

The free brooch has 1 slot, so you should be good.  If you need more slots, you can buy a higher level brooch (either using nc/l2 coins or from players).  I use a lv 4 brooch which gives me 4 slots for different jewels.