Things to love about Aden

klarra

Hello Everyone! So, I know I could be considered a noob in that I ended up skipping almost all the lineage expansions for years now-Always coming back in hopes of playing the game I love- BUT I wanted to post some positive I see and like about ADEN. Yes, I know I am not experiencing most of it yet ;however, it is much better than the other servers IMO.

I love that the game gives us gear and items to level with every day! No strings attached. No time limits or weird loopholes. So, we are not starting empty handed. 

I love that we get a tutorial about the features in ADEN! In past expansions it was sooooo confusing! And patch notes were not helpful because so much had changed and you did not know what was what! For ADEN, they gave us clear patch notes and a newbie guide! It is in your email! If you have not read the patch notes. Here are some links for you! Official News | Lineage II (lineage2.com) Official News | Lineage II (lineage2.com) PETS Official News | Lineage II (lineage2.com) NEWBIE GUIDE

So, I love that they at least have these guides. I love that it seems like more REAL people are playing! The chat ability is so great for helping to meet new people in this game. I love that I do not see any bots! I love that we spawn into places differently so its not overcrowded.  I love that I can solo play efficiently! Yes it depends on your char, how you play, where you play- but there are options once you learn thing about the game. Me- I have some previous insight because I always had to try to play F2P- when I tried to play and learned a few things that can be applied to ADEN. 

I love the challenge that we as F2P have and hope that it does not keep going to an overwhelming place because I really love this game. I know NCsoft needs the mula, but it has been a long bumpy ride for some L2 lovers and I think improvements can be made to satisfy ALL of us! I love the communications in the forums. 

I am creating a Guide for Newbies and Especially for F2P as I go and learn. Just wanted to shed some positivity into our forums.

While your working on the newbie guide maybe this thread can be used to post tips and advice that ppl have found to help other newcomers, and you can include them in the guide later.

While L2 Aden is basically an NA version of L2 Essence , hosted by ncwest, the site and info provided here is a bit lacking in detail of Essence mechanics. You can find a lot more info about Essence mechanics at https://dev.l2central.info/essence/

Additionally, Essence has been running in EU since 2020 with a different host, and has its own site and forums where theres a lot of valuable info to be found there about classes and player guides even if its not quite the same content as here.https://eu.4gameforum.com/categories/1877/

I've found a lot of helpful info in both sites.

sadly, what you seem to love most about starting on aden,

game managers are determined to remove next month;

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/22653-completed-aden-server-maintenance-august-25-2021/

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 4pm GMT+2

Attendance checklist event will continue for three weeks!

this fact is why there is such a crush to create accounts now

and box as many alts as possible over the coming weeks.

Ok so the main advice tip I have for new and F2P is learn eaxctly how the Sayhas system works, and make sure you dont use your daily allowance of potions wastefully.

https://dev.l2central.info/essence/articles/179.html

(1 way to run out of adena as F2P is to jump into the daily trans dungon after popping your 5 free sayas, and a gust/storm for a big 600% XP rush. After the first minute all 5 sayas will be gone and you will have no way to earn adena from mobs for the rest of the day.)

###

As default in game, you are penalised with 95% penalty to adena drops, a 90% penalty to item drops and 0% bonus to XP gain.

Sayhas grace/will changes this up by boosting your XP by200/300% , and boosting your adena and item drop by 30%/100%, (or adjusting the penaltys to 70%/0%)

###

To figure out whats going on with your Sayhas, you click the yellow/green icon on the top of the right side bar, this opens a toolbox with more details. Then you hover your mouse over the bottom bar in that toolbox to get a popup listing 5 lines of text:

Sayas Grace : Not applied (or 300%)

Sayas Will : Time left  (xxx hrs/days)

Sayas Will : When Sayhas Grace is not applied, XP/SP +200 , Adena penalty reduced  (This is 2 lines of just generic info)

Grace Maintaining effect  : Not applied  ( or ( 1min-3hr 59min))

The bottom Bar itself will show a 0%-99% , while the top will say Sayas Grace  x0 -x24

The standard sized potions/cookies we get add 35000points which adds 25% to the bar. Smaller cookies add 10000points or about 4%.

Using 4 normal potions brings the bar 100% , then the top will say Sayas Grace x1 , and the bar restarts at 0%.

You can pop enough potions to get the top all the way to x24 but its can be disadvantageous to pop too much as I'll explain later.

###

Sayhas Grace gives you a bonus of 300% XP, and 300%  adena (0% penalty instead of 95% penalty) , and 100% item drop(0%penalty),  and the x.1-24 bar is not a timed buff, its a fixed value (or somewhat fixed) of XP that you will gain,  and as you gain that XP the Sayhas will decrease. The faster and more xp you gain, the faster it decreases .

Every day you get the free 35000 points of grace you see in the login chat text, which adds the bar 25%. And using a (35000)potion/grace cookie adds 25%.

Sayhas Will , is a timed 1day-30 day buff , that kicks in to give you 200% XP , 30% Adena drop (70% penalty instead of 95% penalty)and 100% item drop(0% penalty), whenever you dont have any Sayhas Grace 300%.

###

Sayhas Gust/Sayhas Storm , are special 300/200% boosts that you can stack alongside your existing Sayhas buff . Getting you up to 600+% XP  rates ( you can mouse over the XP % on bottom left of screen to see a pop up info of what buffs you have active.)

Sayhas Gust comes from in game quest/achieve rewards and adds 300% for 20 minutes,  Sayhas Storm comes from the cash shop and adds 200% for 20 mins.... BUT , while gust/storm are active, your Sayhas bar is drained twice as fast for every XP you gain.

So its a decision you need to make if you use them, and you should be attentive to your current bar % before you use them. Because one buff is timed but not metered, and the other is metered but not timed, you can take advantage of this, or you can severely harm youself economically if you dont pay attention.

The worst method economically to use them is to pop a lot of sayas potions , (eg your 5 freebies) get your bar to 125% , Sayas grace x1 , 25%, then pop sayas gust, and jump into trans dungon with 600% XP. You will drain the entire 125% in the first 30 seconds of mobs, after which you have no more sayas grace (-300%) and no more adena from mobs , but still have 19 mins left of sayas Gust/Storm (200-300%) , so you  get the remaining 9 minutes of your trans dungon at 200/300% XP.

The best way ecomonically, would be to have a Sayhas Will 1 day , or 30 day potion active. As this kicks in for 200% whenever your Sayhas Grace is gone. But to also get your Gust/Storm applied before you start the dungon.

Sayhas gust/Storm 20 min buff, can only be activated if you have the bar at 25% or more. Meaning you need to eat one 35000 potion/cookie , OR rely on the free daily recharge of 25%.

(If you rely on the recharge be very careful not to do anything to reduce below 25% before you have applied the Gust/Storm and are rdy to do the dungon. Just killing one mob after you login, could drop you to 24.9999 can be enough to screw you out of being able to activate the gust)

###

SO, assuming you got your bar to just barely Sayas Grace x0 , 25% , and you also have a Sayas Will 1 day/30day on , you activate a Sayhas Gust/Storm , now your XP is at 600% so  you jump into trans dungon, after 30 seconds, your Sayas Grace 25% is out, but you still have your 19 mins Sayas Gust, AND your 1-30 day Sayhas Will kicks in to replace your Grace.

So your sitting at 500% XP for the next full 9 mins of your trans dungon, and it only cost you one sayas potion and your sayas gust/storm.

Trans dungon does not drop adena, which is why its such a waste to burn through large amounts of sayas in there while losing all your free daily allowance, and only actually gaining from 500%  to 600% XP.

Those free 5 potions will be much more helpful after you exit the dungon and want to go farm for a few hrs, giving you 300% adena from everything you kill until the full XP value of the 125% bar of Sayas Grace is gained.

###

If you want to be extra thrifty , and you have your 1-30 day Sayhas will on, you can pop your 1 potion for 25% Sayhas bar, pop a gust, then solo mobs for 300% xp/Adena for 9 minutes..before you go in the trans dungon with maybe just 0%-5% Sayhas bar, but with 11 mins Gust, which will still get you the 500% for the 10 mins run.

###

The last thing to mention is the "Sayhas Will maintained" , which can proc with a low chance everytime you  eat a Sayhas potion/cookie/etc

its easy not to notice it, thus important to mouse over the bar and check if you got it, after you pop some sayhas.

If you get it will have a 59 min countdown, durign which you lose absolutely none of your sayas bar no matter how much xp you get.

It can stack up to 4 hrs per day if you proc several times. But this counts down when offline and resets at daily or maintenance.

So ideally, this is the time to pop a 60 min lamp buff, every XP buff you have and farm with gusts/storms on for the free 60 mins(3x 20 min gusts). And jump in the trans dungon if its available.

(this is the only way you can do the trans dungon without wasting large amt of sayas adena drop should you already have several stacks of the bar--for example if you have the bar at x10 25% - and you really dont want to waste all x10 in 2 minutes of trans dungon, when it could get you half a mill adena farming SV for a few hrs instead , then you can try eating more cookies/pots in hope of procing this in order to do a trans dungon run without draining.... But it may not proc and you end up at a max stack of x24 instead)

I try to just pop a few Sayhas as I need them hunting, then if I see the proc, Ill  go do the trans, otherwise just farm until I'm down to just above 25% and do the trans at the min cost.

####

Anyway, thats the basics for thrifty Sayhas usage. Sry about the mad wall of text ,  you may want to make it more presentable before you include it in a newbie guide.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, klarra said:

Hello Everyone! So, I know I could be considered a noob in that I ended up skipping almost all the lineage expansions for years now-Always coming back in hopes of playing the game I love- BUT I wanted to post some positive I see and like about ADEN. Yes, I know I am not experiencing most of it yet ;however, it is much better than the other servers IMO.

I love that the game gives us gear and items to level with every day! No strings attached. No time limits or weird loopholes. So, we are not starting empty handed. 

I love that we get a tutorial about the features in ADEN! In past expansions it was sooooo confusing! And patch notes were not helpful because so much had changed and you did not know what was what! For ADEN, they gave us clear patch notes and a newbie guide! It is in your email! If you have not read the patch notes. Here are some links for you! Official News | Lineage II (lineage2.com) Official News | Lineage II (lineage2.com) PETS Official News | Lineage II (lineage2.com) NEWBIE GUIDE

So, I love that they at least have these guides. I love that it seems like more REAL people are playing! The chat ability is so great for helping to meet new people in this game. I love that I do not see any bots! I love that we spawn into places differently so its not overcrowded.  I love that I can solo play efficiently! Yes it depends on your char, how you play, where you play- but there are options once you learn thing about the game. Me- I have some previous insight because I always had to try to play F2P- when I tried to play and learned a few things that can be applied to ADEN. 

I love the challenge that we as F2P have and hope that it does not keep going to an overwhelming place because I really love this game. I know NCsoft needs the mula, but it has been a long bumpy ride for some L2 lovers and I think improvements can be made to satisfy ALL of us! I love the communications in the forums. 

I am creating a Guide for Newbies and Especially for F2P as I go and learn. Just wanted to shed some positivity into our forums.

"No time limits or weird loopholes"

Aden essentially has an energy system.  Once your SG runs out you get 1 Adena making is unfeasible to play unless you burn through all your resources which you won't even have without P2W.  So YES it's time limited, even worse ENERGY BASED system.

The challenge?  What challenge?  It's an AUTO AFK game mostly.  And the entire point of the cash shop is to remove all challenge.  Even then nothing is based on challenge at all.  Every single steamer says the same thing about all versions of the game.  PVP is just a stat check and a person that spend $1,000's found themselves being 1 shot all over and unable to kill more P2W players.

The game is even a bit crowded since you essentially can't really hunt near others.  Don't worry a few months will solve that as the server just dies off because it lacks any real content or value.

• Like 1