New player - minimum investment

eTernies

Hello guys,

I am new player who will start on L2 Aden. Last time i played C4 and interlude chronicle. I did some research about this "new" game L2 Aden and i do not live in world where i think i can play this game truly F2P but my question is what is something like minimum investment you have to put in game and be able to play it? I know you need spirit ore for buffs and soulshots, without grace you are not able to farm adena so well.

I saw deluxe pack and as far as i know it is not even worth that price because you can live with C weapon from daily attendance for some time. But there are some starter kits for agathions and talismans so they are more worth?

What about class if we skip talks like "play what you like" etc..    What class can play this game well with no so big investment?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, eTernies said:

Hello guys,

I am new player who will start on L2 Aden. Last time i played C4 and interlude chronicle. I did some research about this "new" game L2 Aden and i do not live in world where i think i can play this game truly F2P but my question is what is something like minimum investment you have to put in game and be able to play it? I know you need spirit ore for buffs and soulshots, without grace you are not able to farm adena so well.

I saw deluxe pack and as far as i know it is not even worth that price because you can live with C weapon from daily attendance for some time. But there are some starter kits for agathions and talismans so they are more worth?

What about class if we skip talks like "play what you like" etc..    What class can play this game well with no so big investment?

Thanks

I am going to be honest with you the Aden Weapon is pretty much all you need to farm, the weapon has passive thresholds that increases you p atk as you lvl up. +10 Aden weapon at 75 has more patk than a +7 top B weapon. it has certain disadvantages but you will not need to invest in weapon. (deluxe sale has ended and actually it was not that great tbh :) )

If you start a toon now you can still make it for the free c grade armor, the 7 day attendance reward.  Casters need robe every  other class goes with FP heavy, so as far as weapon and armor goes, you are set.

In terms of money ( this is just a suggestion/ my PoV) do not waste time, get everything from the beginning,
480 Ncoin Wayhas Will,
250 ncoin 1x L1k , sell for 2m and learn the lv2 HP and MP recovery (skills cost 1m each)
1440 coin for Brooch pack you get onyx lv3 for extra soulshot dmg, the rest is random do not bother too much unless you get lucky.
1440 coin Agathion pack +5 ignis for patk/matk and then you get 10 agathions, get a Petram to +5 ( the pdef/mdef one) and then the atk/cast speed to +5
250 ncoin 1x L1k , sell for 2m get FP armor 1.5-1.6m and helmet 300-400k for the set bonus if you cannot wait for the 7 days

at this point you have enough so your toon can make the adena the you need for ores/shots. with 50 $/€ you can play and be able to do dmg and not struggle in the game.

Make sure that you also make an alt e.g. a BD (make sure he gets the armor too) and spend another 6$ for sayhas will ( just that and can be gifted from your account). Now it is up to you, your time and if you wanna invest more, which at this point I would not, the lower level areas are not that packed and there is still plenty of room in the higher level ones.

Hunt in areas that are 6-9 levels lower than you, ( there are no green/purple mobs only white and if you are too high lvll they turn deep blue), for the love of god, yellow mobs have dmg penalty, the do more to you and you do less to them. 

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. What do you think is best starter class for new players with this level of investment? For example is it even worth to play dagger or dagger need like 4 times bigger investment to be able to kill something arround level 70? You mentioned BD as box, how about play BD as main character? Does somebody in this game is looking for BD or SWS to party?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eTernies said:

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. What do you think is best starter class for new players with this level of investment? For example is it even worth to play dagger or dagger need like 4 times bigger investment to be able to kill something arround level 70? You mentioned BD as box, how about play BD as main character? Does somebody in this game is looking for BD or SWS to party?

Daggers are expensive to level for the time being. They will get fixed with the next patch, but who knows when that is going to be.  WC’s and Overworld’s seem to be the cheapest to lvl because they never need hp pots. Only problem is they level slow because other mages and bow users attack faster and get last hit and they rarely use manner mode so you’re often competing for the same farm. My Dwarf is 100% self sustaining as far as adena goes but leveling slow because she’s melee and has to be in high traffic areas. 

Personally I set my WC and check it 5 times a day for the daily mission rewards. Only time she dies is if she’s pkd. You can play the game with minimal money investment, you can’t be hero or lvl quickly with out being a whale. If you get into a lvl 4+ clan you get good buffs and benefits and chances to upgrade your gear if they do some raids. Good luck with what you choose.

6 hours ago, Connex said:

also make an alt e.g. a BD

but why? they can't share dances till class.3 plus book cost ,

which could take a month to level and save up adena for.

3 hours ago, Infid3l said:

I set my WC and check it

i do similar for about 3 hours each day - between class.2 quest, missions and attendance freebies

using her hp drain skill and vampire buff, i've found my wc on zero shots 🤯 and still didn't die.

i've managed to grind her up to 62 already, and only spent 500k to buy one of her passives.

i'm now in drake light set, yaksa+shield, i'm curious what you are wearing from attendance.

it's really a shame we get panelized here for farming reds, because a WC can survive them, 

i tried silent valley lvl.70 for a day, didn't need to HP pot, but it was not worth drop&xp wise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, consort said:

which could take a month to level and save up adena for.

i do similar for about 3 hours each day - between class.2 quest, missions and attendance freebies

using her hp drain skill and vampire buff, i've found my wc on zero shots 🤯 and still didn't die.

i've managed to grind her up to 62 already, and only spent 500k to buy one of her passives.

i'm now in drake light set, yaksa+shield, i'm curious what you are wearing from attendance.

it's really a shame we get panelized here for farming reds, because a WC can survive them, 

i tried silent valley lvl.70 for a day, didn't need to HP pot, but it was not worth drop&xp wise.

My WC didn’t get the cgrade armor because I got frustrated at 52 and started a bow user on the same acct (boy that was a mistake) so she is still in Aden gear with a plus 11 aden wep.  Currently lvl 63 now and she levels slow but she’s cheap and I get about 750k a day from her drops and adena for my main acct.  I’m not really in a hurry to level her but by far she is the cheapest character to play and I would argue probably one of the only classes you can level on Aden with paying $10 a month for the 30 day green sayas potion.

15 hours ago, eTernies said:

IT really depends what are you looking for in the game, pvp? pve? raiding?

my experience so far ( this is with FP hvy set NO l2 store/Lcoin items)

BD has passive VR good DPS due to strength. 100% adena farm class, can run without shots no problem (in case you run out)
Tyrrant insane attack speed starting at lv60, you can invest on the HP recovery lv2 (1m adena) this is a agenuine DPS all around class.
Death Knight I join late the DK bandwagon but with the lv2 HP buff seems to be able to hold its own easy
destroyer has good dmg, not that great attack speed, for sure a good dps class
healers are OP, especially SE's, besides bd that is the only class with VR and applies on nukes too so basically you can farm non stop (mp is still an issue but its doable)

archers/daggers I was not impressed (in terms of farming adena) maybe due to that my opinion is too biased.

Personally I play Tank, high pdef, not using pots at all, mediocre dps but can hold its own.

11 hours ago, consort said:

who cares about party dances, Essence is not meant for party playing. we are talking about individual toons. I was skeptical at first when people told me about it yet i made 2 bd's, best decision ever,
no shots? no problem vr and dances are here to save the day
run out of ore? no problem vr and dances are here to save the day ( for a couple of hours you should be good)
spend 6$ get sayhas will, set it and forget it

6 hours ago, Connex said:

healers are OP, especially SE's, besides bd that is the only class with VR and applies on nukes too so basically you can farm non stop (mp is still an issue but its doable)

just to clarify (because i play both SE and WC here - so far as f2p)

i considered a BD here, but having to stop every 2 minutes to rebuff seemed pretty lame.

SE does NOT gain HP using magic skills, only by physically hitting mobs while VR buff is active.

i can also confirm that SE gets VR3 (8%) while WC is still on VR2 (7%) but WC has HP drain nuke,

so WC survives much better, but has very slow and weak target and group heals here on Aden.

due to WC's higher CON and ability to wear heavy, they again are more survive'able than SE.

i still grind an SE for the emergency heals and resurrection as i watch my other 3 alts auto farm.

i don't recommend SE here since without MP target heal they are kind of pointless for raid parties,

but if you do SE and grind it with magic and vr-hits, i recommend the Ecliptic Axe C grade 1h blunt

with a shield... i tried duals on SE, but prefer this lower p.atk higher m.atk blunt while grinding.

2 minutes ago, consort said:

just to clarify (because i play both SE and WC here - so far as f2p)

i considered a BD here, but having to stop every 2 minutes to rebuff seemed pretty lame.

SE does NOT gain HP using magic skills, only by physically hitting mobs while VR buff is active.

i can also confirm that SE gets VR3 (8%) while WC is still on VR2 (7%) but WC has HP drain nuke,

so WC survives much better, but has very slow and weak target and group heals here on Aden.

due to WC's higher CON and ability to wear heavy, they again are more survive'able than SE.

i still grind an SE for the emergency heals and resurrection as i watch my other 3 alts auto farm.

I am really sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.

BD dances last 20 minutes also has Majesty and dance of berzerker at 68! i keep telling people, forget what you think you know/remember about L2... this is something new

SE does VR of nukes, tested that in the daily dungeon

I do not have WC, I have OL, the steal essence drains HP no need to calculate %'s it is literally drain life! however its rather hard to lvl atm, i find bd/tyrant easier to lvl

finally you got this all wrong, its not of the high con that overlords/warcryers can survive, its due to drain life period

20 minutes ago, Connex said:

I am really sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.

thanks for correcting my BD assumptions on Aden

but you are wrong about SE, they do not gain hp

simply by skilling on a mob from a distance.

a class.2 SE on aden must use /attack in their auto farm

even if all they are hitting with is a slow lame staff.

i'm only 62 so i don't know what happens in class.3

1 minute ago, consort said:

thanks for correcting my BD assumptions on Aden

but you are wrong about SE, they do not gain hp

simply by skilling on a mob from a distance.

i am cheap! i do not have HP recovery lv2 on the SE, its 64 and does not die on the dungeon, also I use no pots for that exact reason