Macro issues: /target is doing weird things.

Tofuu

Hi I have been running the same macro for a year but it has been recently doing strange things in the last couple months on random toons. 

/target %party1

/useskillstand Prophecy of Might

/useskillstand Healing Melody

The issue when placed this simple macro into the shortcut bar and right click toggle on.

The character will run to the party1 as if I have place 2 /target lines and not one. 

Multiple times the macro will make them run into the mobs when they really should be standing still. 

Today i am forced to remove /target and just click the party box and leave it there. 

Anyone have suggestions or this a bug that needs attention?

Thank you

I've noticed weird things also, simple tests,

/target player A

/useskill healing melody

/target B

Works fine while I watch, but when left running in the background and on main, I can clearly see there are delays in the heals.  My iss assist macro I been using for ever also leaves my iss standing there no attacking.  Unfortunately, I dont bother reporting things any more cuz they seem to not give a F.

3 hours ago, Tofuu said:

/target %party1 --> Your toon now have a target

/useskillstand Prophecy of Might --> You toon uses a skill and doesn't move

/useskillstand Healing Melody --> You toon uses a skill and doesn't move

When the macro starts again, first line set the target to same target as before, hence your toon will start running to %party1 and follow

If you want your toon to stay stand add the following line to the end

/target %self

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tofuu said:

Hi I have been running the same macro for a year but it has been recently doing strange things in the last couple months on random toons. 

/target %party1

/useskillstand Prophecy of Might

/useskillstand Healing Melody

The issue when placed this simple macro into the shortcut bar and right click toggle on.

The character will run to the party1 as if I have place 2 /target lines and not one. 

Multiple times the macro will make them run into the mobs when they really should be standing still. 

Today i am forced to remove /target and just click the party box and leave it there. 

Anyone have suggestions or this a bug that needs attention?

Thank you

i should of read that closer, he is right, because you never lose target of player 1, when you target them a second time, now you actually told the toon to auto follow player 1.  Hence my macro targets player B after her actions are done, player B being her self. 

1 hour ago, Equadym said:

When the macro starts again, first line set the target to same target as before, hence your toon will start running to %party1 and follow

If you want your toon to stay stand add the following line to the end

/target %self

This is the solution to the problem. Needed to target self after.