A community call for stewardship

I come here on behalf of the vast majority of players active on Lineage 2 Essence so that the administration can see what is happening with this version of Lineage 2.

First point: (lagged classes) Orcs: Dominator, Doomcryer, Titans It is an absolute truth that these classes currently only exist for PVP, Olympics and PVE. The community would like to know why these classes are “so strong and with a huge difference compared to other classes? Why Doomcryer and Dominator have infinite MP? Why don't other mages get the same bonus? This is unfair to the other classes, you will hardly see any other mage being able to beat a Dominator or Doomcryer comparing with the same equipment and level...

Why are Titans excelling so much? What else is happening today is seeing players changing their classes for them, there is no longer this “Play with a class and Race I like” because you probably won't be able to face the Titans or Dominator and Doomcryer... We want the nostalgia of playing with the Class we like, remember when we played other versions and our parties were full of Archer, Dagger and various mages? Well, that doesn't exist here and something needs to be done...

Another thing I see, are the Archers, these are the most wronged classes in this version of Lineage 2 ruled by you, NCWest, these classes are only being used for one thing at the moment "Gather Adena in Farm Zones" take a good look at them , many love to play archer but it's totally out of the question, as they can't evolve into a battle compared to other classes as I said above...

Second point: (Number of accounts opened by computer) Have you from the administration already created an account, leveled it up, added adenas and etc? I do not think so! It's totally pointless to allow 10 accounts open per computer, look what's happening, ALL areas are covered by “ALT” accounts (Adenas Farm Accounts) I'm not saying this is wrong, but allowing 10 accounts per computer generates a terrible feeling of not being able to level up and gather adenas sensibly, from the impression that the server is just full of it, it's something frustrating to have to share the EXP and Drop with 10 more AFK players in Auto-Hunting... Appreciate the account of a player who came on behalf of various CPs, Clan and Alliance Members to make this appeal to the administration. Remember, this game is made by players, the community needs to be heard and these things need to be analyzed…

Greetings,

JELTON S. SAMPAIO 🇧🇷

• Like 2

Problem will be solved by just nerfing all warrior's m.def (especially orc race and Titan: reduce m.def by HALF)

with that act, number of mages will rise up, and that leads to the rise of archers, daggers.

Lineage's ecosystem will be more balanced.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 9:21 PM, Jeltonsouza said:

Why are Titans excelling so much? What else is happening today is seeing players changing their classes for them, there is no longer this “Play with a class and Race I like” because you probably won't be able to face the Titans or Dominator and Doomcryer... We want the nostalgia of playing with the Class we like, remember when we played other versions and our parties were full of Archer, Dagger and various mages? Well, that doesn't exist here and something needs to be done...

Another thing I see, are the Archers, these are the most wronged classes in this version of Lineage 2 ruled by you, NCWest, these classes are only being used for one thing at the moment "Gather Adena in Farm Zones" take a good look at them , many love to play archer but it's totally out of the question, as they can't evolve into a battle compared to other classes as I said above...

Is archer situation that bad ? even at end game ? (Yeah i rolled one ><)

Ofc i almost only see DK and titan IG but is there really no point end game wise in playing another class ?

On 5/9/2022 at 10:21 PM, Jeltonsouza said:

I come here on behalf of the vast majority of players active on Lineage 2 Essence so that the administration can see what is happening with this version of Lineage 2.

First point: (lagged classes) Orcs: Dominator, Doomcryer, Titans It is an absolute truth that these classes currently only exist for PVP, Olympics and PVE. The community would like to know why these classes are “so strong and with a huge difference compared to other classes? Why Doomcryer and Dominator have infinite MP? Why don't other mages get the same bonus? This is unfair to the other classes, you will hardly see any other mage being able to beat a Dominator or Doomcryer comparing with the same equipment and level...

Second point: (Number of accounts opened by computer) Have you from the administration already created an account, leveled it up, added adenas and etc? I do not think so! It's totally pointless to allow 10 accounts open per computer, look what's happening, ALL areas are covered by “ALT” accounts (Adenas Farm Accounts) I'm not saying this is wrong, but allowing 10 accounts per computer generates a terrible feeling of not being able to level up and gather adenas sensibly, from the impression that the server is just full of it, it's something frustrating to have to share the EXP and Drop with 10 more AFK players in Auto-Hunting... Appreciate the account of a player who came on behalf of various CPs, Clan and Alliance Members to make this appeal to the administration. Remember, this game is made by players, the community needs to be heard and these things need to be analyzed…

Greetings,

JELTON S. SAMPAIO 🇧🇷

oh boy! so here are a few things that you should know by now.

A) NA Branch is following the KR developers, all major decisions are made from NC KR, there is absolutely no way that any game mechanic will change especiall for Essence/Aden, we have the least populated servers.

B)the reason for the "10 client" per PC is simple, there is a cap for Live servers for 3 clients, classic 5 clients and aden 10 clients, the thing is that they have somehow efed up the client so much that if you play both on Live and Aden, you have to Launch the Live clients first, then the Classic ( if you have) and last the Aden. Now if you have 3 live and 3 Aden and one of the Live ones crahses, you have to close ALL aden clients, and launch the Live one ( useless tip of the day)

C) even with the events, the "f2p" toons do not make as much adena so the server looks packed "numbers matter" 

D) they could add more mobs or increase the respawn rate but this needs approval from NC KR

They added class change with adena, you literally need just adena to reroll to another class, on Live you have to wait 6 months ( if they still have Red libra).

Finally, you cant compare a geared class with an alt, in all regions Essence has Titans/DK as FoTM class and the rest play as they want. If you want to pvp you will have to play along, if you just want to farm adena, then pick any class and enjoy the game

2 hours ago, WaveRide said:

Limite the number of accounts per IP to 3 max, this will change the server for the better!!! It's almost as if NC West wants to show more players than there actually is perhaps to fool shareholders. 

The Client is universal, limiting accounts per IP means that people would not be able to play Aden and live servers ( very few play classic) soo yeah!

7 hours ago, iCnx said:

The Client is universal, limiting accounts per IP means that people would not be able to play Aden and live servers ( very few play classic) soo yeah!

If the limit is 3, sure you can. 1 account each Live/Aden/Classic. Maybe L2 should think of playing the game as intended on one account like every other game? 

Multiboxing on Lineage 2 is a way for players to open multiple game clients simultaneously so they can play multiple accounts/characters per PC.

Below are the limits for client usage for Lineage 2 per PC.

L2 Aden and Classic: 10

L2 Live: 3

Note: Aden and Classic limits are shared

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047233832-Lineage-II-Multibox-Limit

Aden and Classic is shared so however they do it, they can do it per game. Live is 3 so make Aden 3. The gameplay is the same between these two. The only difference is the old/new classes. 

12 hours ago, stclare said:

If the limit is 3, sure you can. 1 account each Live/Aden/Classic. Maybe L2 should think of playing the game as intended on one account like every other game? 

Aden and Classic is shared so however they do it, they can do it per game. Live is 3 so make Aden 3. The gameplay is the same between these two. The only difference is the old/new classes. 

you are delusional, you cant do anything with 1 client on Live, you need at least main + alt and at least 1 sell shop due to the items you get but cant register in AH. L2 has been a multi client game since 2003. People play that way for 18 years, if you want 1 client per IP "like other games" then go play other games and stop posting stuff that you "think" that could work but have no idea whatsoever.

pretty sure Classic is 5 clients and not 10 (when I was testing this, I could not open a 6th client but things may have changed or I could be wrong! ) . Also like I mentioned earlier, you HAVE to launch clients in a certain way in order to play in multiple server i.e Aden and Live. You have a limitation of 3 in Live servers but if you open the 3 first clients on Aden, then you CANT launch a client on live server, it tells you that "you have exceed the number of clients" so there might be a "restriction" but the whole process is frustrating. For that you have to launch Live clients first. If they have a 3 account limit then only 3 clients will be allowed to be used universally, which takes us back to the first post.

11 hours ago, iCnx said:

you are delusional, you cant do anything with 1 client on Live, you need at least main + alt and at least 1 sell shop due to the items you get but cant register in AH. L2 has been a multi client game since 2003. People play that way for 18 years, if you want 1 client per IP "like other games" then go play other games and stop posting stuff that you "think" that could work but have no idea whatsoever.

pretty sure Classic is 5 clients and not 10 (when I was testing this, I could not open a 6th client but things may have changed or I could be wrong! ) . Also like I mentioned earlier, you HAVE to launch clients in a certain way in order to play in multiple server i.e Aden and Live. You have a limitation of 3 in Live servers but if you open the 3 first clients on Aden, then you CANT launch a client on live server, it tells you that "you have exceed the number of clients" so there might be a "restriction" but the whole process is frustrating. For that you have to launch Live clients first. If they have a 3 account limit then only 3 clients will be allowed to be used universally, which takes us back to the first post.

The adena limitation on Live AH is a technical limit. Not about gameplay. Classic nor Aden has AH at all so there is less of argument needing a shop on live as it is more or less required for Aden/Classic. 

There are servers that exist that enforce 1 client only. EU Essence was originally 1 client (yes really). They added dualboxing to account for the store since there is no AH. Hence officially EU is 2 clients max. 

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/670391/

Pretty sure? I linked you the official page on the multibox policy of NA. There is no guessing. The client limit is shared between Classic and Aden. It can be tricky if you play different versions of the game, but it is possible to play all 10 clients on classic. Likewise all 10 on Aden. Just not both AT THE SAME TIME. 

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047233832-Lineage-II-Multibox-Limit

Point is that on Live they do enforce 3 client max. Meaning Aden can be set to the same limit as they have the technical capability to do so. Even shared they allow up to 5 which is still too much. Again EU and probably every other region including KR has smaller client limit if not 1. 

Aden removed the necessity to box at all because everyone has their own buffs.  That is the entire point and appeal of this version. It doesn't REQUIRE a separate class/character to obtain buffs. Every character has all the buffs on their own. 

So you are wrong. 

Things changed. It changed drastically. But classic was never designed to be boxed either. So you are wrong again. 

On 5/9/2022 at 10:21 PM, Jeltonsouza said:

Greetings,

JELTON S. SAMPAIO 🇧🇷

Again people with Damage Dealers talk about their damage and measure who has the most. What about the other classes like tanks, buffers, crafters etc.

Fact #1: The common buff system (meaning that the basic buffs are learned by all characters) destroyed classes like Hierophant. Hierophant became a broken hybrid of warrior and mystic classes but few people understandood this and never accepted to play this class due to its pve limitations. Moreover, the traditionally mass enhancers/buffers Dominators (Clan buffs), Doomcryers, Spectral Dancers and Sword Muses have locked most of their mass buffing skills until 76.

Fact #2: For NC everthing is all about the damage. In every aspect of the game, the damage dealers excel against other classes. This is the main reason that the Aden servers and especially elcadia are dominated by Death Knights and Titans (the most broken classes of all). Some brief examples even in paid events:

a) L2pass: In order to obtain a reward you need to kill a ton of monsters. All damage dealers would end the pass within some days while other classes like tanks and healers would struggle to gather the necessary  points due to their low damage. There was a slight hope that the system of killing monsters would change with farming xp points (similar to mission levels) but the current l2pass that came at the start of month crushed these hopes. Meaning that for NC Damage>Attendance.

b) Individual bosses, Battle against Balok, Fight against Keber: The person with the highest damage will pick up the rewards (in the last two the person which will do the last hit gets the reward but again the person with higher damage has increased chances).

Fact #3: The archers and nukers were already buffed on the last update if you feel wronged, overlooked or underestimated please look fact at number 4.

Fact #4: NC destroyed with various poor decisions the tank classes making these classes inferior and useless against Damage Dealers to the point that they were replaced by the Death Knight, Titan, Sword Muse classes. The traditional tank classes such as Eva's Templars, Hell Knights, Phoenix Knights and Shillien Templars are nowhere to be seen. These classes together with the Healers where the most valuable classes in the previous chronicles. These classes were the gateway of a party or clan to raid bosses and areas with difficult monsters. Below are some changes that destroyed these classes:

a) Introduction of skills that ignore defence, shield defence: The introduction of these skills made the tanks weak and useless. When all classes have 2-3 skills that ignore shield defence and 10-25% of the enemy defence, together with debuffs that decrease from 23 to 40% p. defence and m. defence we can understand why these classes are not popular as they receive damage despite their defence and do decreased damage vs another class character with the same gear. The only skills that tank classes have against these classes are the perfect shield skill and the Reduce crisis skill. (To check the skills press here and here).

b) The elimination of the evasion reduction when equipping a shield: This changed the meta making it possible for damage dealers such as adventurers, Wind Riders and Ghost Hunters to equip a shield without any drawback. Moreover, as more classes were favoured by this change the prices of shields in the server.

c) Death Knight a broken class inspired by the other tanks: Death Knights are nothing less than a caricature inspired of the normal knight classes but with broken skills. Some relation with the other classes:

- Death Pull > Chain Strike: 3 sec cooldown with chance to disrupt when elevating vs  15 sec cooldown

- Hell Fire > Sanctuary: 40% pdef and mdef mass reduction debuff + mass damage > 23% pdef reduction mass reduction debuff

- Born to be Dead > Ultimate Defence: If dying from an attack: Reviving After Death is triggered. (Reviving After Death) Immunity for 3 sec. HP/ MP recovery unavailable. > Increased Defence can die from the damage.

d) The skills of tanks were nerfed to the ground after the Overlord patch:

- The deletion of Cubics, the removal of debuffs from the skills Judgement and Tribunal.

- The decrease of reflects from the tanks. The "reflect master" class of Hell Knight does not resemble its previous glory.

And other.

Fact #5: The introduction of Hell Fire damage and resistance. Hellfire damage is the damage with the least resistances you can acquire through the game.

Fact #6: The domination of both servers with third party applications that are used for simple tasks, such as the gathering of adena (autohunt) to olympiad pvps with ease from top players. NC is unable again to do nothing or just does not care to make a sufficient game-guard or other system to avoid bot softwares.

TL;DR: Accept that DKs, Titans and Domis are broken, nerf them and check the other classes except for  the damage dealers that are not played anymore by people. Otherwise enjoy the DK, Titan server.

(As English is not my mother tongue I apologize if you encounter vocabulary or grammatical mistakes in the text above).

Kind regards,

Ziegfried

PS: Sorry I forgot what about the dwarf race that lost all its power which was the normal craft. Dwarves were the richest and better geared characters in the game. Nobody nowadays does normal craft. Also the active people playing dwarves are nearly zero.

Edited by Ziegy
forgot something

On 5/19/2022 at 11:50 PM, stclare said:

Pretty sure? I linked you the official page on the multibox policy of NA. There is no guessing. The client limit is shared between Classic and Aden. It can be tricky if you play different versions of the game, but it is possible to play all 10 clients on classic. Likewise all 10 on Aden. Just not both AT THE SAME TIME. 

L2 is a 24 hour afk game, my numbers were for playing  Live/Aden/Classic at the same... 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:13 AM, iCnx said:

L2 is a 24 hour afk game, my numbers were for playing  Live/Aden/Classic at the same... 

It doesn't matter. Live is 3 clients max. PERIOD. No matter what. 

On 5/24/2022 at 12:11 PM, stclare said:

It doesn't matter. Live is 3 clients max. PERIOD. No matter what. 

you are dense, if they added 3 clients for aden then you would only be able to open 3 clients universally which is bad for business

13 hours ago, iCnx said:

you are dense, if they added 3 clients for aden then you would only be able to open 3 clients universally which is bad for business

Whatever that allows you to do Live 3/Aden 3 max at the same time.

You can play all 10 on Aden. That's the problem.