Forums

Resolution Problem. Can't play in Full HD

MeddlingMageGR

After the update i cannot play in Full HD. The client refuses to change resolution. I have reinstalled the game and yesterday i download the latest drivers from NVidia.

Asus TUF A15 with

Ryzen 7 4800H,

Nvidia GTX 1650i

16GB DDR4

Anyone else has the same problem? 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7WBcVs9iYHRiwikdA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QBnJJHRhk9RG53t27

I'm having the same problem. I'm on a laptop and use to play in 1600x900. My settings aren't being saved. I use to be able to Alt+tab to get to my desktop but it's no longer working. I have to reset everything every time I log in on all 3 accounts. It's gotten to the point where I dread logging in knowing I'll have to adjust everything again. I work developing websites during my in-game downtime and this is a real pain. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully they'll read this and fix it next maintenance.

Please fix this. @Wissp@Hermes

Also after update my resolution changed from 1920x1080 to "Basic" or only in window mode (1440x810)  and can't change it due option.ini or with nVidia optimization graphics where it propose automatically change to 1920x1080 and doesn't help at all.

Windows 11, nVidia 1650GTX.

I wondering, maybe this problem only on Windows 11 version? 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:45 PM, pyrum said:

Also after update my resolution changed from 1920x1080 to "Basic" or only in window mode (1440x810)  and can't change it due option.ini or with nVidia optimization graphics where it propose automatically change to 1920x1080 and doesn't help at all.

Windows 11, nVidia 1650GTX.

I wondering, maybe this problem only on Windows 11 version? 

Change your scale settings to 100% that sorted out this problem for me.

5 hours ago, bckf said:

Change your scale settings to 100% that sorted out this problem for me.

I tried but after l2 window looks pretty good but not good as was before, very small font and icons.

Also with scale 100% on pc so small font and bad for eyes. Another games is ok, only lineage 2 with this problem. I saw some solution with l2.exe and there says in settings choose DPI resolution, don't change or something like that, but can't find in "system" folder "l2.exe" for try it 🤷‍♂️

After my post I had an idea lol

I took "l2.bin" from "system" folder and did copy in the same place, then change this extention to ".exe" (without quotes) and this was like this missed "l2.exe". Then press right mouse button on this "l2.exe", then choose "propetries". This l2.exe must be in "system" folder of lineage2 

Then second tab "compatibility" and there press "Change high DPI setting" and there turn on all 2 functions "For fix problems scale..." or something like that (sorry I doing translate from my language) and there choose "When I open this program", then turn on "Override high resolution scaling mode" and in poup up menu choose "application". Then save all changes and after I did run this l2.exe for sure it.

And oh my lucky it runnig in my good resolution but only started screen.

Then for sure I did this changer for NCLauncher. After that due NCLauncher l2 finally works well with good quality resolution. Try it. Hope it will be helpful

On 10/25/2022 at 9:10 PM, pyrum said:

After my post I had an idea lol

I took "l2.bin" from "system" folder and did copy in the same place, then change this extention to ".exe" (without quotes) and this was like this missed "l2.exe". Then press right mouse button on this "l2.exe", then choose "propetries". This l2.exe must be in "system" folder of lineage2 

Then second tab "compatibility" and there press "Change high DPI setting" and there turn on all 2 functions "For fix problems scale..." or something like that (sorry I doing translate from my language) and there choose "When I open this program", then turn on "Override high resolution scaling mode" and in poup up menu choose "application". Then save all changes and after I did run this l2.exe for sure it.

And oh my lucky it runnig in my good resolution but only started screen.

Then for sure I did this changer for NCLauncher. After that due NCLauncher l2 finally works well with good quality resolution. Try it. Hope it will be helpful

Thanks for this reply, worked perfectly.

On 10/21/2022 at 2:12 AM, Uzume said:

confirmed same problem, old resolution was 1600 by 1200 and can no longer select this - this is impacting my game play a lot as muscle memory is a real thing after playing for years in a certain manner :(

@Hermes this is still an issue :(