Classic Server Maintenance: May 16, 2023

GMsea

• Administrators

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Tuesday, May 16 at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 10:00 p.m. UTC / 12:00 a.m. CET (May 17) and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours 30 minute. We appreciate your patience!

The following changes will be made to the game during this maintenance:

• The Mother’s Day event will end next week!
    • All event-related items and Collection will be removed on 5/23.
  • The Giran’s Treasure promotion will end next week!
    • All event-related items will be removed on 5/23.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed transformation scrolls to overlap with the transformation system stats.
  • Titan Class Skill changes will be applied.

Thank you

@Hermes @GM_dufo Instead of constantly adjusting titan /GK skills why not just improve other classes skills? For example Neverending sonic hardly ever lands on duelist, skills do no damage either, sonic rage from duelist doesnt land often, shillien templar/Bladedancer hex doesnt land anywhere on the map, soulhound skills hardly ever land at all, Human warrior toggles "marks of slayer" for hunting against beasts insects, etc are useless in most areas of the map. Prophet debuffs dont land at all end game. 

There are so many more positive improvements to make other than just constantly adjusting 1 class all the time because people complain they are "overpowered" when in reality the balance of the rest of the classes are simply "under-appreciated"

Please stop invalidating previous player gains; like releasing a Mother's Day event with an xp item that reduces xp for anyone that has been playing since last Halloween. It's been a couple days since the update, but I agree with the previous posts. Not sure who asked for the update to "Titan" skills, but it doesn't benefit Lineage2 or NCSoft. Like removing teleport books and scrolls from the NCoin store; you're damaging your own sales.

There is an expression like "don't cook the goose that lays the golden eggs", but for some reason there seems to be a rash of companies doing that lately. You have a game of 3-dimensional intangible paper dolls, and your business model is a cash cow that is willing to pay you for more intangible fancy dress-up options. You can milk that cash cow by introducing new shiny items, like Frintezza Necklace Lvl 5, but when adding items to this localized version of the game, please be good stewards and consider what other items have been previously added. Like when you add a new type of cloak to game that invalidates the previous cloak, at least give players an option to trade the old item in to make some progress on the new one (https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26594-new-cloak-exchange-proposal/) (https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26593-the-news-cloak/) the key is to avoid making the players feel like they have lost something when the new shiny thing rolls out; it doesn't really matter if the new shiny thing is "better" or not.

In regards to the changes to "Titan" skills, some of which are Grand Khavatari skills (https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26792-titan-class-changes-05162023/) i'm not concerned about players quitting/rerolling over this change, I'm concerned that you are erasing their willingness to seek better gear, and thus, removing motivation to purchase NCoins. You're marketing person should have veto-ed this change.

Class changes are generally not needed or wanted. The audience of people playing on Classic are probably here because they didn't like the changes that were made to the classes on the Live version of the game, so there is a high risk of ostracizing your entire player base when you make class changes. If class changes must be done, at least keep them in-line with the original concepts of the class. Destroyer/Titan players want to feel strong, especially in PvE. The signature skills of the class trade hp loss for attack benefit. Do not remove the core concept of a class because you introduced a shiny item that makes that concept very powerful; just do some careful consideration before adding the shiny item. For this situation, Frintezza Necklace Lvl 5 is already out there, so I can see why a change might be needed. Do some careful consideration of the change you want to implement: instead of shutting off cooldowns on a handful of random skills, a "cooldown resistance" on the Zealot skill would have been sufficient; no other changes needed for other skills. Let's say I have a 40% cooldown reduction on skills because of my collection of shiny items from several years of events and fighting bosses, and the Zealot skill cooldown is only affected by 75% of that, so the cooldown is reduced by 30% instead of 40%. This sort of change does not invalidate all of the work of the players; if anything, it requires them to work a bit harder to get the effect they are looking for. The resulting offset of cooldown timer between Zealot and Frenzy means that Titan players have a hard decision to make: either they use Zealot as often as possible, or they wait patiently for Zealot to refresh so that they can combine it with Frenzy. Meanwhile, Grand Khavatari players would see a bit of a nerf but they are in the same situation as the Titan players in terms of gear: if you want to use this skill more often, you need to work that much harder after the change.

Also, the skill changes as implemented do not match the skill descriptions. Changing to Frenzy and Guts to a 90% hp limit was a bad class change, because it deviates from the core concept of the class. After the most recent changes, the limit for these skills is still set to 90%, and has not been changed to 60% (where it should be, based on the patch notes and the core class concept). So please, when you make changes to the game, be good stewards and test the changes that you are implementing. The last time I submitted a bug report, I included some details about where to find and fix a buffer overload issue, but I'm not going to do the job of a tester for you; as a player I'm here to relax and be entertained. You should have at least one person on your team with the sole job of testing things; sometimes people get tasked out to do things that are not their actual job and the whole game ends up suffering for it.

Also, because I don't post often, I'd like to point out that I'm not going to "@" anyone on this post, because I'm not trying to complain. I'm trying to provide some helpful criticism in regards to an issue that I am concerned about. I would not be concerned about such things if I did not care about the future viability of the game. All the people on the forums name dropping notifications of every GM that ever was; ya'll a bunch of infradible frimsicles.

42 minutes ago, KingdomForCoin said:

After the most recent changes, the limit for these skills is still set to 90%, and has not been changed to 60%

Correction: The activation of Guts and Frenzy is working at 60%, but these skills light up at 90% to indicate that they are useable, instead of lighting up at 60%. It still indicates that no one did the minimum amount of testing for this change to be implemented. If you're looking for ideas for future updates, how about bringing back system messages? Or as Karioli suggested, identify places where small class changes can be made that will reinforce core character concepts.