Magic skill critical rate question

Hello people, i was away from the game for 4 years. Lots have changed, unfortunately not the 1% ruling elite but that's for another topic!
Since summoner have lost 2 pets a few years back, even before I quited 4 years ago I was playing really nerfed, I have a dual feoh which I enjoy to play.
I have returned a few days after the last event with the class change had ended so I didn't have the chance to get rid of the summoner.
Anyway, I remember the game that in the character stats, Magic Critical is how often your/mine magic skills will crit. Wizards used skills and not autoattack as mele/archers.
That stat in the character status is always 500 which is the cap. My question now is this: I see a lot of weapon for mages with SA for magic skill critical rate and also augmentations for it.
Has the game changed how wizards are? Do I need to have magic skill critical rate SA/Augment when that stat is always 500?
And I got a nice augmentation for Magic Skill Critical damage, shall i keep it or look for Magic Skill Power or M.skill crit rate?

Those questions might sound silly, but I was away from the game for too long and have lost track of what's what

Thanks in advance

Mskill crit rate is capped to 33% (1/3) so basically once ur at 500 just boost ur M.skill crit dmg for now because rates its pointless. (they are changing the rate and boosting the crit cap in the next update) so we'll be able to test it all over again :)  but for now  boost mskill crit dmg and the rest.     mcrit rate is pointless

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Amvrosia said:

Hello people, i was away from the game for 4 years. Lots have changed, unfortunately not the 1% ruling elite but that's for another topic!
Since summoner have lost 2 pets a few years back, even before I quited 4 years ago I was playing really nerfed, I have a dual feoh which I enjoy to play.
I have returned a few days after the last event with the class change had ended so I didn't have the chance to get rid of the summoner.
Anyway, I remember the game that in the character stats, Magic Critical is how often your/mine magic skills will crit. Wizards used skills and not autoattack as mele/archers.
That stat in the character status is always 500 which is the cap. My question now is this: I see a lot of weapon for mages with SA for magic skill critical rate and also augmentations for it.
Has the game changed how wizards are? Do I need to have magic skill critical rate SA/Augment when that stat is always 500?
And I got a nice augmentation for Magic Skill Critical damage, shall i keep it or look for Magic Skill Power or M.skill crit rate?

Those questions might sound silly, but I was away from the game for too long and have lost track of what's what

Thanks in advance

For future reference:   M.Skill Power > M.Skill Crit Dmg > M.Atk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

Taking into consideration what you announce, what do you think of the feoh soul hound? considering that this mage's passive gives little m.attack and a lot of skill power? vs other wizards?

7 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

pfff and i got like 10 times m.skill power 10% augment and i removed it to get 20% m.skill crit dmg....

11 hours ago, iAndouille said:

Mskill crit rate is capped to 33% (1/3) so basically once ur at 500 just boost ur M.skill crit dmg for now because rates its pointless. (they are changing the rate and boosting the crit cap in the next update) so we'll be able to test it all over again :)  but for now  boost mskill crit dmg and the rest.     mcrit rate is pointless

So SA on the weapon with M.Skill crit rate, at least for now, is trash right?
I shall focus to change it to m.skill power and m.skill crit dmg?

3 hours ago, Amvrosia said:

pfff and i got like 10 times m.skill power 10% augment and i removed it to get 20% m.skill crit dmg....

So SA on the weapon with M.Skill crit rate, at least for now, is trash right?
I shall focus to change it to m.skill power and m.skill crit dmg?

Whoever told you Mskill power is better than Mcrit dmg dont knows how the game works.

100k dmg upon a crit +20% mcrit dmg = 120k   so u get those 20% Precisely.

Mskill power is more complex, adding 20% mskill power will add dmg on Non Crit and Crits but the boost is added on the skill power and not the damage itself, so it won't be 20% precisely, but never more than 20% so obviously less.    So Mcrit dmg +20% Augment is the actual best augment for feoh if they want to boost their Damage.

Because we all know that in current game if you don't crit, you don't make damage. (not when u are super low lvl) 

OK, this is what I knew as well, I always headed for m.skill crit dmg but then I read this:

12 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

That M.Skill Power > M.Skill Crit DMG and I got confused!
I have wasted 78 top LS to get the 20% m.skill crit dmg augment, but during those 78 LS, i had 10 or even more times 10% M.Skill Power augment, which i have removed