Introducing NC America & New Community Management

Wissp

• L2 Team

Greetings, Lineage II Community!

Allow me to reintroduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to reconnect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to reintroduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Lineage II.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Lineage II

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wissp said:

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to reconnect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to reintroduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Lineage II.

Kindest regards,

Wissp

Dear Wissp,

I hope this message finds you well. Firstly, I want to extend my congratulations on your new role as Community Manager for Lineage II Aden. I appreciate your open communication about the changes happening at NCSOFT West, and I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of these efforts to enhance our gaming experience.

I am writing to share some personal concerns that I believe reflect broader sentiments within our community. These concerns revolve around recent critical errors and memory leaks in the game, reported several times through tickets and forum topics. I, like many others, have found these issues to negatively impact our enjoyment of Lineage II. I trust that these are issues you are aware of and that efforts are underway to resolve them.

In addition, news of recent layoffs at NCSoft and changes to the company structure, including moving the HQ to a coworking space, has left many of us anxious about the future of Lineage II. We hope that the game will continue to receive the resources necessary for its ongoing development, maintenance, and player support.

Finally, I would like to mention the lack of responses on several forum topics:

Where is the 5th Premier Coin? (Blackbird/Elcadia)

Concerns about RNG mechanics in Lineage II

Sayha's Grace Consumption for Small Party (2-3 players)

While we understand not every post can receive individual responses, acknowledging these concerns would be deeply appreciated and reassure us that our voices are being heard.

Despite these challenges, I remain optimistic about the future of Lineage II under your leadership. We, the community, are eager to collaborate with you and the rest of the team to ensure the game remains enjoyable and continues to thrive. Your commitment to increased communication and community engagement is heartening, and I believe it will be key to restoring faith in our community.

Thank you for your time, and I'm looking forward to our shared journey in making Lineage II an even more remarkable game.

Best Regards,

PS: Please review my request to remove the restriction given to me 5 years ago that didn't allow me to create posts that not in general discussion at Aden forum.

• Like 2

Dear  @Wissp, all the best on your new path :D.

I confirm the above concerns (and from other threads), and most of them share the same opinion. But not focusing only on the problems with the game itself and its mechanism, let's see the permission to use programs supporting development in the game, which, for example, according to the rules are prohibited. There are cases that you may somehow fight it, however, it kills every Lineage 2 chronicle. There are not many players on the servers, and the use of such programs is much more visible. Why don't you fight it better? This taboo topic is always overlooked or hushed up.
 Looking further, and the current P2W policy, it would be worth looking at the current value of the NCoin currency and considering lowering the price, where there would certainly be more recipients who could afford it.
Chronicle of Aden/Essence is a specific release of the game, where starting with the first releases of Lineage2, we have some uniqueness here. Aden has a limited map, the number of spots where not only lvl counts but also the equipment that can be bought to be able to enter such a spot and kill MOBs. Here you additionally allowed to run 10 clients per one computer (other licensed Essence publishers did not make such facilities). It's probably way too much for such a poor offer. A much better idea to consider would be to reduce running clients, and encourage players to support the game as well as return to the servers.

I hope / I wish that everything will go well, and it will improve not only our community.

Once again, All the Best!

Regards,

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 4:22 AM, Grundor said:

Where is the 5th Premier Coin? (Blackbird/Elcadia)

They added the last 2 Premier Coins via a code they posted 2 weeks ago. If you were saving them up, it would bump your total to 6 to get the Doll Box

ok let's wait and see

we do that since 2010 that l2 became Free2Pay

suggestions for starters

fix the server time outs

fix the random dc's

fix the dc's when porting to world special hunting zones

go back to previous maintenance time at least for Elcadia (we live in EU and server's time is friendlier to us but new rr time is extremely hostile)

and the biggest problem from all is the "close the client" little window after a dc

make the client so you can relog without having to run all the idiotic nc launcher sequence(instead of "close the client 7" to have relog access)

On 5/26/2023 at 4:13 PM, Wissp said:

Kindest regards,

Wissp

Great to read this, for a good start we could have an official NC America discord.. much better communication with the community and start paying attention to the few content producers we have for Lineage 2

• Administrators

Hello, everyone.

We have gone through every comment on the forum.

We will soon post a thread that summarizes all your comments to better understand your opinions and to get more feedback.

We then will communicate with other departments to apply the feedback as much as possible.

We do realize your love and care for Lineage II, and will put our best effort to improve the game, events, and promotions based on your feedback.

Thank you.

Eva

• Like 1