Returning Player Seeking Advice.

LocaPuppy

Hello, I'm returning to a character I Made in 2004.. 

I'm a 107 Yul-

+12 r110 bow

+8 R99 armor

Istina earring/ring/neclace

Not great gear , but now awful..

Also a side DD 106 Yul with +12 R99 bow

Then a buffer heirophant..

With my TRIO i cannot hunt in Ivory Tower Crater, Silent Valley. or anywhere else white mobs get me exalted quest items comfortable without dying... Is there something I'm missing?  Ive got 2 "par" DD's and a buffer with POM and I'm still unable to hunt "white" mobs for my quest items?  anything helps.

5 hours ago, LocaPuppy said:

Hello, I'm returning to a character I Made in 2004.. 

I'm a 107 Yul-

+12 r110 bow

+8 R99 armor

Istina earring/ring/neclace

Not great gear , but now awful..

Also a side DD 106 Yul with +12 R99 bow

Then a buffer heirophant..

With my TRIO i cannot hunt in Ivory Tower Crater, Silent Valley. or anywhere else white mobs get me exalted quest items comfortable without dying... Is there something I'm missing?  Ive got 2 "par" DD's and a buffer with POM and I'm still unable to hunt "white" mobs for my quest items?  anything helps.

sorry to say, that is awfull gear.. I really am not trying to insult or belittle your toon but you have chosen the "worst class" to "start" having "old" gear...

so they revamped the areas and how element works, you do not have damage, that gear is bad like really bad, at least on its own, the +8 set is good for the 10% reuse but those jewels are plain bad....

Keep in mind that I am an archer as well... so I speak from experience.

The list is long but the game has changed a lot, so here are a few tips.

Hunt in Hellbound till you hit 110 - ( when I had similar gear, i was there too)
General rule of thumb, always hunt in areas 3-4 levels lower than you
Element defense is big, 
Tersi's armor crystals lv5 are cheap,  x6 is 7200 pdef, ( you can put SA crystals in armor/jewels and 3 on weapon)
Get a R110 blessed Sigil can put Element 3x 180, SA, and augument, this will help you a bit
for Rings, Angel Ring +6, Fallen angel ring +6  ( roughly 12-15b each)
earrings +6 fallen angel earring, +!2 Atlas earring ( if you have)
Necklace , ( you can bet the blessed exalted set from the store, the Neclace is one of the items that is worth it)
additionally , Circlet is good and the agathion bracelet as well.

Get a lv2 artifact book and fill it with +0 artifacts ( bonus is 5% damage, -6% damage received)
chef monkey belt and the list goes on.

Start with that, get other peoples opinion ( if you want) but as an archer you also need to aim for 107 Dex, for good skill crit rate  which is rather expensive as well. 

• Like 1

Get seed bracelet lvl 2-3 so u  can buy cheap +8 Leo Cancer Aries,  

Also for DYES if u dont have legendary dye lvl 3+  get full DEX dyes,  archer need alot of DEX to crit alot to make damage.

Whatever was listed above is a nice advice too. thsoe are quite cheap item for a good start i guess

Seek for Skill crit dmg, skill power, skill crit rate, patk, pve dmg, damage,   whatever that boost ur crit and damage in general, seek for the cheapest first and the one with biggest benefit